Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

The best towel you ever bought?

(18 Posts)
IamPickleRick Mon 23-Oct-17 22:39:35

I am looking for a really gorgeous towel for my DS swimming, that I can stitch all his badges on to and which will last him and stay nice forever (or at least as long as he is doing his lessons).

Where can I get a proper top quality one? Talk to me about your towels thlgrin

Clawdy Mon 23-Oct-17 22:42:50

John Lewis Egyptian cotton ones are very good.

bookbook Mon 23-Oct-17 22:44:54

Sheridan - gorgeous

Fairylea Mon 23-Oct-17 22:45:03

Asda bath sheets - honestly. I’ve had really expensive ones before and I now just buy Asda ones. They wash and tumble up all soft and absorbent and fluffy. Lovely and so cheap!

IamPickleRick Mon 23-Oct-17 22:54:08

Hmmm. I'll have a look in Asda but I must be honest, I hate it in there as our local one is awful and there are stabbings almost monthly. I'll hopefully be passing another one that's a bit further away soon.

Sheridan and John Lewis I will check out! Thanks all!

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Mon 23-Oct-17 22:55:12

BHS. I think they're still going as an online-only business. Soft, fluffy and stay that way for years.

Lucked Mon 23-Oct-17 23:04:27

Linea at house of Fraser, they weren't fluffy, the fibres were bound but mine must be 15 years old and going strong. Of course I don't know what the quality is like now.

this is a nice nautical one

CrumpettyTree Mon 23-Oct-17 23:06:02

Christy are nice.

BulletFox Mon 23-Oct-17 23:07:59

Stabbings?? I still have towels which are 31 years old. I was having an argument with a relative about whose towel one was til I silently pointed out that my name was sewn into it, which shut her up.

My favourite is a beach towel by Ungaro which I got from tk maxx, it's brilliant quality

RoderickRules Mon 23-Oct-17 23:09:03

Christy here too.
Mine are about 10, and look almost as good as new.
Don't use softener on them!

IamPickleRick Mon 23-Oct-17 23:19:52

No softener? Does that prolong them?

Yes, our nearest Asda is in a deprived part of London that has terrible crime. One stabbing inside that made the news and one atbthe bus garage outside last month. It's a shame as I'd go there but even getting a space outside is a pain! There's one a bit further away that's nice.

I'll look at the other suggestions! Thanks!

RoderickRules Mon 23-Oct-17 23:37:17

Softener affects absorbency.
They get a coating if you use softener in them.
I wash my towels separately and without softener. Works for me!

Misty9 Tue 24-Oct-17 00:11:13

My Christy towels lasted more than 10 years so I would second that - with the caveat that most cotton these days is less good quality than that used in the past so this may not be the case now.

I bought John Lewis Egyptian cotton ones a year or so ago and they haven't fared too well imo. Easily pulled and just not very soft after being washed lots. Dd on the other hand chose an Emma Bridgewater towel and it's the most gorgeously soft and fluffy towel I've ever felt one year on. It's a spotty and colourful design though so possibly not great for badge adorning.

Fairylea Tue 24-Oct-17 06:56:08

You can just order from George at Asda online ... they have bath sheets in their sale for £6!

StripeyDeckchair Tue 24-Oct-17 07:00:57

Dun Elm

Fairylea Tue 24-Oct-17 07:01:08

Here-
direct.asda.com/george/george-home/george-home-navy-bath-sheet/002006602,default,pd.html

IamPickleRick Tue 24-Oct-17 09:05:50

That's brilliant fairylea, for £6 you can't go wrong. I might replace all the towels at home for that price and see how we go. Thank you thlsmile

Fairylea Tue 24-Oct-17 09:09:46

You’re welcome grin I really love them. Wash them without softener 3 or 4 times and tumble them to get them to maximum fluffiness. I am a bit of a towel fanatic... nothing like getting out of the shower to a warm fluffy towel! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now