Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

PMT rage. Anyone else get it?

(28 Posts)
ThorsMistress Mon 23-Oct-17 20:58:01

AF the bitch arrived this morning and don't I know it.

I have this deep, deep rage inside that just needs to come out. I was absolutely awful to DP earlier and for no particular reason. I wanted to argue with him and nothing was stopping me from doing so. I said some pretty hurtful things that I never would normally say. It's the same story every month and tonne honest we're both sick of it.
I don't want to feel like this but I can't help it. Anyone else?

FayKnights Mon 23-Oct-17 21:03:53

Yep, it's horrendous! I have absolutely no control and the rage is barely containable.
I've just bought some agnus castus today as read about it on here, its from health food shops, so hoping it might make a difference.
Do you track your cycle, I use Clue app, so if I am feeling murderous I know exactly why!

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 23-Oct-17 21:08:16

Totally, I turn into the bitch from hell and am awful. Bonus points for me are I've had a hysterectomy and only realise when my boobs are sore a few days later and it's not regular.
I do turn into a total cowbag.

keeponworking Mon 23-Oct-17 21:12:03

I seem to have menopause rage - tact levels have reduced to 5%, simmering rage has increased to 90%, tolerance 0% - sadly this is not cyclical, I've got it all the time!!!

gothicsprout Mon 23-Oct-17 21:27:24

Sounds familiar to me. I had this in my teens, then not for years until my first period after having DD. I take a vitamin B complex tablet now which does seem to help - I think it's either b6 or b12 which is the key one.

BrokeAndBad Mon 23-Oct-17 21:27:58

I feel your pain... (and so does my OHconfused)

Fucking periods.

DiggityDam Mon 23-Oct-17 21:30:45

I use to, every month for at least a week. It changed my personality completely and I would search for a confrontation with anyone for anything. When I had my 2nd child, it got considerably worse, the level of rage scared me.

I had the Mirena coil fitted to help with the periods, with the intention that when it settled down I would then start on mood stablisers for the worst part of my cycle.

The coil fixed it all. I barely have a period anymore, the mood swings are a thing of the past. My only regret is that I wasted 20+ years barely coping when needn't have.

What I'm trying to say, is go and see your GP. They will be able to help!

FacelikeaBagofHammers Mon 23-Oct-17 21:32:08

I get the rage for about 2 days before my period. I really pity everyone around me but I'm just so fucking angry at everything.

Then once my period arrives, it's it's like sunshine and lollipops and I'm prancing around like a joyful unicorn.

Bizzare.

Ellieboolou27 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:35:40

Yes! It's much better now as I went to see GP and she prescribed Prozac!

I was like a split personality as I became so angry and it was really getting me down, it all started after having children.
I also take vit B6 and evening primrose oil.

CountFosco Mon 23-Oct-17 21:37:08

DH and I always have a massive fight the day before my period. I don't feel like I've got the rage though, it's more a teenager style 'why are you picking on me?'

ilovechocolates Mon 23-Oct-17 21:49:45

Yh but it’s better than it was since I started taking B vitamins and evening primrose oil. Periods slightly less painful too, but there were floody and v painful

thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:58:22

I don't get the rage, but I cry. And cry. And cry some more.
Usually in my car. Which means I get to wherever it is (like the fucking petrol station) and look to all who see me as if I'm dealing with the immediate aftermath of an unthinkable tragedy.

Definitely getting worse as I get older, and lasting longer.

ThorsMistress Mon 23-Oct-17 22:56:47

So glad it's not just me.

In bed after an epic argument with DP sad he packed a suitcase and declared he has had enough with my attitude. I don't blame him. Not one bit. I can hear myself saying these things but I just can't stop. I wouldn't be with me either!

ImAlanPartridge Mon 23-Oct-17 23:01:05

I had this and managed to completely bugger up my life in various ways. Dr prescribed me buspirone to take for the 3rd week of my cycle each month and it’s helped me control my moods, I feel like myself again

TheSassyVampireAIBUToLoveBlood Mon 23-Oct-17 23:19:25

Yup. Well it varies from wanting to rip someone limb from limb, to crying over cute adverts. Not ever a happy medium! My moning-hors have a lot to answer for! hmm

GeneandFred Tue 24-Oct-17 02:29:39

Those who take vitamin b, do you take it all the time or just before you're due on?

Rainatnight Tue 24-Oct-17 02:32:58

Nope. I think society has a problem with female anger and we all feel better if we can blame it on our periods.

gothicsprout Tue 24-Oct-17 16:17:50

@GeneandFred I just take it all the time, as it's easier for me to remember that way and I'm already trying to remember to keep up with vitamin D anyway.

NorthStarAtMyFeet Tue 24-Oct-17 16:22:56

Oil of evening primrose really worked for me, I take it the week before I'm due and during.

gandalf456 Tue 24-Oct-17 16:25:43

Pms is definitely real. I am not angry any other time. May see my gp, too. By the time I get round to it, I feel better and forget

mycatsmellsnice Tue 24-Oct-17 16:39:40

Menopausal now and still get it but nothing compared to when I was having periods. Horrendous. It was only when I realised that there was a pattern to me having stand up rows with my very lovely manager that I realised what it was.

Most women get it just before their period but I got it in the middle of my cycle which is why it took a while for me to see the pattern.

I take Magnesium OK every day and it helped enormously. It's between £4-£5 for a month's worth so cheap. Particularly if you buy 3 for 2 at Boots when they are on offer.

Dreams16 Tue 24-Oct-17 16:52:44

I do now since having a baby I use to be nice now I’m evil and just feel rage building up on me could just about snap and bark at anyone who looks at me the wrong way it’s horrible and I hate it sad

Ellieboolou27 Tue 24-Oct-17 19:29:03

I was advised by my GP to take the vit B6 and evening primrose oil continuously as it takes a good six weeks to build up your system.

I'm only 30 days in but this cycle has been 100% better, I'm usually very angry and this month seem less so, still very tired though but I also think I'm peri menopausal shock

Angryangryyoungwoman Tue 24-Oct-17 19:36:07

I never used to have this but since having the mirena coil fitted, the few days before my period, I am definitely murderous so I am the opposite to the previous poster who found a coil helped. Almost to the point where I am considering having it taken out

FayKnights Tue 24-Oct-17 20:54:13

Angry I didn't get on with the Mirena at all, it helped my heavy periods but my mood was constantly low and I was really anxious all the time, as if I'd forgotten how to feel joy.
My PMT is crap but the Mirena was even worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now