Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Anyone want to talk rubbish for a bit?

(184 Posts)
Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:33:12

I’ve just had a shitty email from my stepfather who I’m NC with. Entirely unexpected as I thought he was in prison.

I’m now sitting on a stupid train for the next 2 1/2 hours and I’m crying about it. I’ve emailed my therapist who is on holiday. I’ve text some friends. No one has replied.

Feeling utterly shit. Anyone want to talk rubbish or tell me that their day has been worse, or anything really.

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:37:23

So sorry OP.

Here's some nonsense:

I put some second hand duplo through the dishwasher at the weekend.

On the work front, I fear my new boss thinks I'm a bit of an arse

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:39:43

I once cried on a packed train from London Paddington to Bristol Parkway. Proper shoulder shaking sobs. DH scraped me off the doormat at 10pm when I got home

Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:40:32

Did the duplo come out okay? I would imagine it melting. I’ve no idea why though.

Re the boss, just embrace being an arse. Decide that that is an okay thing to be and continue with it

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:41:00

Do you like crisps? I love them. All crisps. I embrace the fried potato in all its glorious forms

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:41:48

No melting happily.

Is your train busy?

newperson Mon 23-Oct-17 18:41:50

I'm going to attempt to do all my Christmas shopping tomorrow. That is insane. Have you started yours?

newperson Mon 23-Oct-17 18:42:16

And I bloody love crisps smile

Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:42:44

wine I spent a weekend at a festival like that once.

This is a packed train. Thankfully I have such scary hair due to the weather that anyone looking at me would stop when they saw more hair. I did once cry when I got onto a train, partly with relief. A conductor transferred me to first class.

flingingmelon Mon 23-Oct-17 18:42:57

I have a useless fact.

Most women’s shoes sold by UK retailers are fitted on one of two women before being approved for production.

Two fit models in the whole country. Apparently they can tell if a shoe is unbalanced down to the tiniest millimetre as soon as they put a pair on.

If you struggle to buy shoes here, it’s because your feet are a different shape to these two ladies.

Hope today is better OP smile

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:43:36

I'm currently sat in a chair that's utterly broken. If you don't sit in it right you fall right through

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Oct-17 18:43:48

Last night, I had a filthy dream about a work colleague and consequently, an excruciating day grin

imsorryiasked Mon 23-Oct-17 18:44:01

Had a rare day off with DH & DS today. Went out as a treat to a marginal Trust type place. Found the house was shut so spent a few hours wandering round the extensive grounds in the rain, including having a picnic as couldn't afford the cafe prices. Can you tell we're British?!

Phantomoutforthechill Mon 23-Oct-17 18:44:05

Wine I once cried on a train from Bristol Temple Meads to Paddington. It was after my aunts funeral. The guys going down to collect the newspapers early in the morning bought me lots of lagers.

Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:44:39

Ah I love crisps. I have some really stinky paprika ones in my bag but I’m saving them till the train is quieter and I’m feeling calmer. I also have cheesecake brownie from
hummingbird bakery. I’m excited about that.

I’ve been off work for a few weeks after surgery so I’ve made a few presents but I need to actually Do It soon I think or everyone will end up with half knitted items.

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Oct-17 18:45:20

Did you know that barnacles, when they want to mate, just stick their willy out of the top of the shell and grope around for a likely partner?

Kitee Mon 23-Oct-17 18:45:36

wine yes to that! Crispssssss grin

I’m looking after my friends dog (black lab) and she’s currently snuggled up on my feet which is so nice and warm - I’m going to struggle to give her back!

Kpo58 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:45:40

I can't find my reusable breast pads that I put in a safe place recently. It's really bugging me as I now need them. What's the point of reusable items if you cannot find them to use?!

Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:45:46

Imsorry is a marginal trust house one who isn’t quiet impressive enough for the National trust?

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Oct-17 18:46:23

Also, they have one of the largest body:willy sizes in the animal kingdom. Presumably because it has to traverse rocks etc to find Mrs Barnacle.

WineGummyBear Mon 23-Oct-17 18:46:30

I have to pop off for an hour, Caulk. I feel like you are in good hands. I'll check in again later.

My feet do NOT correspond to those 2 women!

IamaBluebird Mon 23-Oct-17 18:46:37

What a rotten thing to happen especially while you're stuck on a train. Have you got any music you can listen to. As a distraction I was stood waiting for my bus and didn't notice the puddle in the road. The resulting splash when the bus pulled up soaked me from head to toe.

doodlejump1980 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:46:52

My twins are currently eating "white sausage" as they don't allegedly like chicken. They're loving white sausage though smile ha ha.

Caulk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:46:57

I feel like someone needs to stand up for female barnacles and tell them that they are worth more than that.

Phantomoutforthechill Mon 23-Oct-17 18:48:17

Dd had 2 teeth out today ready for her braces. She was very nervous. The dentist and dental nurse were lovely with her. I have never laughed so much in a dental surgery before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now