Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do you sleep with a snorer?

(61 Posts)
DrRisotto Mon 23-Oct-17 17:55:16

If I don't get to sleep first, I am likely to struggle. He's not the worlds loudest snorer either but it's just hard to get to sleep next to it. I used to wear ear plugs but I got dependent on them to sleep even when he wasn't there and it didn't feel healthy.

Anymajordude Mon 23-Oct-17 17:59:54

Everything you've mentioned. Ear plugs, going to bed first and failing that chucking him out to the spare room.

Silvercatowner Mon 23-Oct-17 18:06:34

Separate bedrooms!

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:15:49

in my own room

Wildernesstips Mon 23-Oct-17 18:18:50

Yep, ear plugs (I am dependent on them too) and going to sleep first here too. Separate rooms if he has a cold.

deckoff Mon 23-Oct-17 18:21:06

Separate bedrooms all the way grin

Believeitornot Mon 23-Oct-17 18:22:20

Badly.

I prod him to a position where he doesn’t snore.

bigchris Mon 23-Oct-17 18:22:23

Separate bedrooms

gluteustothemaximus Mon 23-Oct-17 18:23:21

Separate bedrooms.

And ear plugs.

And the odd poke kick on the way to the bathroom in the night grin

madmother1 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:30:01

The same as every above. I use these

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009FAJVEW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1508779092&sr=8-1&keywords=ear+plugs+quies&dpPl=1&dpID=41QVpQ49k4L&ref=plSrch
They take a while to get in and expand but shut out noise. Also prodding in the back to turn over. I've got used to it now. Like you, I'm dependant on ear plugs but I don't use them when I'm on my own. We don't live together yet.

Fucky Mon 23-Oct-17 18:31:50

Ear plugs for me and a nose strip for him. Has cut down massively on his snoring

SarahH12 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:36:26

Get to bed first otherwise I'm doomed! It's so much worse when he has a cold too. Plus I'm half deaf so i dread to think how bad it'd be if I slept with my hearing aid in!

madmother1 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:45:36

Yes also a nose strip!!!

AnInchWasPinched Mon 23-Oct-17 18:52:34

I either don’t sleep or move to the sofa.

OrlandoMusc Mon 23-Oct-17 18:55:18

Ah OP, I am the same.

Is no one else scared of missing the fire alarm when using ear plugs? Kids apparently sleep through the beeping, husband can sleep through his alarm in our case. My husband isn't overweight or a drinker. Our bed is crap though.

I want sleep.

Florabelle Mon 23-Oct-17 18:57:43

White noise playing through earphones from my iPad.

tccat Mon 23-Oct-17 19:30:13

Kill him, it's only murder if they find the body, otherwise it's just a missing person

Or I find a gentle nudge to the head with a mallet has the desired result

DingleBerries Mon 23-Oct-17 19:35:37

Same. If I don’t go to bed first I know I’m in for a shit nights sleep.

I hate it when he goes to bed early because I utterly resent the fact that he’s going to get a great nights sleep and plenty of it and it’ll be to my detriment.

I hate the idea of separate bedrooms but we might have to.

He sleeps on the sofa so often now anyway that it’s going down that route.

Snore strips don’t do much.

Alexindisguise Mon 23-Oct-17 19:42:00

After becoming very resentful of each other, me wanting to actually kill him (the anger the snoring provoked was off the scale), him getting fed up of me waking him up all night, we moved to separate rooms. Not ideal but at least we're both getting decent sleep now, which is so important.

blueobsessive Mon 23-Oct-17 19:49:17

I confess I am the snorer. We found that those breathe easy nose strips (or snout anti snorters as we call them) cut it down really substantially. The few times they let snores through DH says finds that holding onto my arm or shoulder seems to wake me enough to stop snoring but not enough to wake me (I have no idea as I have no memory of this). And yes, I seem to be otherwise capable of snoring while sleeping on my front and side (not sure how)

repetitionrepetition Mon 23-Oct-17 20:02:10

separate rooms is absolutely my long term plan (assuming the divorce doesn’t happen first)

DorothyGherkins Mon 23-Oct-17 20:05:43

I sleep fifty miles away from the snorer now. Works a treat!

RaininSummer Mon 23-Oct-17 20:06:07

Own room is the only way.

x2boys Mon 23-Oct-17 20:10:14

Separate rooms we both snore but dh is very sensitive to my snoring it doesnt bother me .

CakesRUs Mon 23-Oct-17 20:13:17

DH bought me these. They really help. I either plug into my iPad and listen to one of the hundreds of relaxing music/rainfall/whale music etc, videos on YouTube. I also bought an extension cable and plug them into the tv if there's something I'm interested in. You don't have to have them over your eyes. Drown him out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now