Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Adverts obscuring MN page

(14 Posts)
DontCallMeCharlotte Mon 23-Oct-17 13:17:40

Apologies if there's another thread on this but is anyone else getting massive adverts that cover half the top of the page and hide the "buttons"? There isn't even a cross to get rid of it. I'm on my desktop at the moment, don't know if it does on the mobile version.

V.v. annoying.

Hissy Mon 23-Oct-17 13:20:19

second that... annoying.

PikachuHeadgear Mon 23-Oct-17 13:22:57

Yes, on MacBook and it's really irritating.

ZippyCameBack Mon 23-Oct-17 13:23:16

You need to install an ad blocker. I didn't use mine on here for a while (supports the site etc) but the huge intrusive adverts drove me nuts, so I switched it back on.

TorNayDoh Mon 23-Oct-17 13:25:46

Thirded. It does pop back up eventually but if I pop into the _Chat board and then decide I want to click on "Threads I'm On", I have to wait for the advert to get out of the way before I can click on the button.

Don't think they meet the Better Ads Standards. Google will penalise in search if they're not careful.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 23-Oct-17 13:27:16

Yep, I've got a whacking great John Lewis one. I'm on a laptop using MS edge

LoonvanBoon Mon 23-Oct-17 14:08:19

Yes, this is happening on my macbook. Am sure they weren't there yesterday. They're obscuring the most active / discussions of the day lists.

SilverySurfer Mon 23-Oct-17 14:14:27

Yep happening on my laptop - really bloody annoying but I assume ad revenue is more important to MNHQ than posters being irritated.

spiderlight Mon 23-Oct-17 14:15:41

There's a thread about this in Site Stuff saying that MN tech are working on it and trying to sort it out ASAP.

SilverySurfer Mon 23-Oct-17 14:30:57

Presumably after we have seen the ads often enough to either make us click on them (when hell freezes over) or been exposed to them long enough to justify the money paid by the advertisers?

PanPanPanPing Mon 23-Oct-17 16:41:24

I second spiderlight. Site Stuff www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff is the best place to complain about these things.

MNHQ won't see random threads in Chat (or AIBU), but they do see - and react - to them in Site Stuff.

ToadTheVampireThreadKiller Mon 23-Oct-17 17:07:27

If I turn off the adblocker I get a huge ad that takes up almost all of the screen.

When I turn it back on I get a non stop circle telling me to consider adding it to my whitelist. This takes a while to clear and also blocks the screen.

I am using a laptop. I am finding very annoying.

ToadTheVampireThreadKiller Mon 23-Oct-17 17:11:42

There is a thread in Site Stuff about this.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/3067667-Top-bar-advertising?msgid=72843399#72843399

inlectorecumbit Mon 23-Oct-17 17:14:27

yep and it is totally pissing me off angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now