Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Removals man in the loo forever!

(18 Posts)
SconNotScone Mon 23-Oct-17 11:04:21

We're moving house today. A team of 3 guys came to do the final bits of packing this morning, and have loaded the van up. We are now mostly loaded up, and waiting for The Call to say we're good to go.

I need to do a final wipe down of the kitchen, mop under where the washing machine was, etc. Except I can't do it, because I stashed the cleaning products in the downstairs loo, and one of the men has been in there for the past 15 minutes!!!

What is he doing?! It is all quiet in there! I made him a cup of tea just before he went in, and it's sitting here getting cold. He had better not be making it smell in there!!

Meow34 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:06:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ItsLeviosah Mon 23-Oct-17 11:08:11

I guarantee there will be a stink
I bet he’s done a big smelly poo and he’s desperate for the smell to leave before he exits the bathroom

PickAChew Mon 23-Oct-17 11:08:33

He's probably disconnecting the loo so he can load it into the van grin

Dumbledore345 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:15:33

he‘ll be on his phone while the others work. switch off the wifi and he will soon emerge!

BarbaraofSevillle Mon 23-Oct-17 11:17:21

He knows you're a Mumsnetter so he's just sitting there making you sweat about the state he's going to leave it in.

Or if you don't have a toilet brush and he's done a huge shit and is now panicking about it not flushing away and/or cleaning up skids.

He's a shirker with a habit for hiding in the loo and leaving all the heavy lifting to his co-workers.

He's died in there? sad

OstentatiousWanking Mon 23-Oct-17 11:19:44

shock imagine the stress of a dead man on your loo.

BulletFox Mon 23-Oct-17 11:24:16

Scon did they help with most of the packing? (Removal coming up. Panicking.)

SconNotScone Mon 23-Oct-17 11:25:51

Should have put "lighthearted"!!

Well, he emerged after 20 minutes, and it really did smell!! He opened the window at least, but it's not great! One of the other guys went in almost immediately after he came out, bet he regretted that!!

Unfortunately he has said to his colleague that he hasn't been feeling great this morning - he has been packing up all our kitchen stuff, waaaahhhhh sad

TalcAndTurnips Mon 23-Oct-17 11:30:47

He is attempting to flush himself to the Ministry of Magic of course.

His kids were watching a Potter movie last night and he was peering excitedly from behind his copy of Removals and Removal Men Monthly.

A similar thing happened after the first time he watched Back to the Future - but, try as he might, he could not achieve 88mph in his Ford Fiesta in the Asda car park and ended up ramming a skip in the recycling area.

SconNotScone Mon 23-Oct-17 11:58:25

Talc I think I would have preferred he be doing that!! Well anyway, kitchen now clean, loo bleached and febreezed, smell almost gone!

SconNotScone Mon 23-Oct-17 12:00:06

Bullet yes!! Best thing ever! Would totally recommend. Cost about an extra £250. They would have packed everything up for us, but we were a bit worried about timings, so did a fair bit ourselves. Needn't have worried, they were so speedy!

BulletFox Mon 23-Oct-17 12:07:11

Scon I think I love you, that is so reassuring to hear.

Best of luck with move smile

OrlandoMusc Mon 23-Oct-17 12:17:59

This is bound to make the Daily Fail

"Shit Stinks Shocker"

Meow34 Mon 23-Oct-17 13:31:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BriechonCheese Mon 23-Oct-17 13:35:32

Maybe he's cleaning it?

SconNotScone Mon 23-Oct-17 13:41:27

Thanks all. Meow happy for anyone to shit in my toilet, so long as their shit smells of a nice Jo Malone candle wink

Don't think this will make the Fail Orlando. Now if he had actually keeled over and died in there, that might have been Fail-worthy. God, can you imagine? Worst moving house story ever.

derxa Mon 23-Oct-17 15:09:33

I imagine the Queen's shit stinks as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now