Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Cigarette replacement recommendations please!!!

(11 Posts)
MedusaBadHairDay Mon 23-Oct-17 09:23:21

My dh is going to try (again) to give up smoking. He’s going to give vaping a shot - but there are so many to choose from confused please can you recommend which system works best?

OrlandoMusc Mon 23-Oct-17 09:39:44

Has he tried Champex? It can be a bugger but works wonders, can use it with vapes to start.

MedusaBadHairDay Mon 23-Oct-17 09:54:38

He’s hasn’t used anything other than patches in the past so all is new really. What is champex?

Orangebird69 Mon 23-Oct-17 09:57:06

I've got a Vapouriz Fuse 650. It's a stick style vape thing. Dead easy to use, battery lasts most of the day. Liquids are often 3 for £10/4 for 12. Doesn't give off too much vapour (I'm not a cloud chaser). I heartily recommend them.

OrlandoMusc Mon 23-Oct-17 09:59:56

Champex is tablets, you can get from GP. They can have side effects so he will need to speak to GP, see if they will suit, and they'll keep an eye. We used them. Both on 20+ a day. Makes you not want one, at all.

I'm kinda pissed off they put us on every type of nicotine replacement before trying these, they worked so well for us. Takes away your cravings so you won't have a grumpy husband snapping cos he's choking for a smoke.

Orangebird69 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:00:18

Pic of stick thing. Sorry, not massively technical about these things!

giddyasakipper Mon 23-Oct-17 10:00:40

I managed to quit using Nicorette Quickmist - I’d definitely recommend it!

lovemylover Mon 23-Oct-17 10:05:56

Champix,really works, and i had no side effects, you can smoke for the first 2 weeks and then choose a day to stop, i chose a bank holiday when i couldnt get to a shop, never smoked since,3 years now,
Tried all sorts for years before
Vaping is ok, but you can then get addicted to that,

MedusaBadHairDay Mon 23-Oct-17 10:28:54

Thanks for the info and recommendations, I’ll look into this now for him. He’s a bit anti-pill due to a dodgy digestive system, so will try the vaping first.

OrlandoMusc Mon 23-Oct-17 10:51:06

I have IBS and personally haven't had any side effects in that area so to speak. I know we're all different though.

Good luck whatever method you go for. It's hard.

PencilsInSpace Mon 23-Oct-17 10:56:00

If he wants to try vaping he'd do well to find a shop and go and try a few different setups and eliquids. He'll pay more in a shop than buying online but when just starting out, the advice and opportunity to try different things is well worth it. Also if he runs into problems with his kit he can take it back and get some help troubleshooting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now