Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Prescription swimming goggles: do you wear them?

(12 Posts)
LindyHemming Mon 23-Oct-17 06:42:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FairyPenguin Mon 23-Oct-17 06:55:37

Yes I do and they're great. Not perfect as I have astigmatism which apparently they can't correct, but they correct the shortsightedness. Got mine from my optician after a holiday where I couldn't see my children in the pool as it was busy and panicked that DH didn't have them.

Dashper Mon 23-Oct-17 06:57:50

Depends what you're doing. Normal goggles work fine for me doing lengths mucking around with DS in that pool.

ishouldntsaybut Mon 23-Oct-17 07:45:29

I got Aqua sphere ones from Amazon - approx £25 - they are brilliant, you can also interchange lenses easily which means you buy a new lens if your prescription changes, so they should last many years. I could not justify the price for ones from our opticians as they are only worn for holidays etc.

Etymology23 Mon 23-Oct-17 07:47:31

I use them, just bought them through my opticians for about £25. Mine are more than a diopter out but they stop me hitting the end of the pool. (I have -5 vision plus astigmatism so otherwise I find it really hopeless.)

waitingforlifetostart Mon 23-Oct-17 08:01:10

Mine are Speedo from the Speedo website. Can't remember the exact design make but they were around £20. They are brilliant.

LindyHemming Mon 23-Oct-17 08:28:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scentofwater Mon 23-Oct-17 08:35:54

I used to use prescription goggles but there's a couple of things that bothered me- they scratched easily and to be able to see on my way to/ from changing room etc I'd have to keep wearing them. Which made me feel a bit silly looking. I'm not a strong/ atheletic swimmer so I think that made it doubly comic.

drspouse Mon 23-Oct-17 08:35:58

I do and they are great. My prescription is about -6 and -4. I think it's more worth it if you are more short-sighted.

yantantethermetherpimp Mon 23-Oct-17 09:04:37

Are they available in junior sizes anywhere? I've read good reviews of Aqua sphere Eagle goggles (anti scratch), but it looks like they only do an adult size.

CMOTDibbler Mon 23-Oct-17 09:39:16

Prescriptiongoggles.co.uk have small face sized goggles, though I haven't tried those. I have the Aqua Sphere Eagles and the Sutton mirror ones as well (better for outdoor swimming) and it made such a difference to me to be able to see!

Maelstrop Mon 23-Oct-17 10:07:51

Vision express did mine. Not amazing, but at last I no longer walk into the men's changing rooms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now