Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are your plans for the week ahead?

(40 Posts)
omochie Mon 23-Oct-17 01:33:07

I love hearing what you all get up to so I thought I’d make a thread where we all share what our plans are for the week!!

This week is pretty quiet for me, my BF and I are going furniture shopping tomorrow (technically today since it’s 1am) because we move into our house at the end of November, I thought I would enjoy it a lot more than I am but it’s just so stressful!

I’m working the rest of the week unfortunately so there won’t be a lot of time for much else, I’d love to go to the cinema at some point so if you have any recommendations feel free to suggest! grin

Kahlua4me Mon 23-Oct-17 01:39:38

My lovely sister in law is coming to stay and we will be painting dd's bedroom together.
Dd has started at secondary school this term so is now too grown up to have a pink bedroom!!

Congratulations on your upcoming house move. You will be fine once in but the whole process is very stressful.

omochie Mon 23-Oct-17 01:49:31

@Kahlua4me that sounds lovely! What colour are you painting her room? I’m sure we’ve all been through that phase lol!

& yeah I’m really looking forward to being settled, it’s just the worst time to move in with it being so close to Christmas! I’ll be a bit calmer once we have a sofa and a bed haha

JamesDelayneysTattoos Mon 23-Oct-17 01:53:18

Decluttering with dc help as it’s half term here.

Making a couple of wedding cake dummies for my cake business

Hosting a Macmillan coffee morning on Wednesday

Kahlua4me Mon 23-Oct-17 02:10:57

That's sounds very busy, james.
Decluttering is great fun and oh so satisfying! We have been doing that this weekend and have a car full to the brim ready for the charity shop tomorrow.

Not sure on paint colour yet as she keeps changing her mind. I think it will probably just be white in the end so she can change curtains etc for a whole new look!

Where are you going shopping for your furniture?

BradleyPooper Mon 23-Oct-17 02:29:56

We are at the beach until tomorrow (Monday) as kids aren’t back to school til tuesday. We live in Texas. Usual working week for me, dh will head to India for work on Tuesday, kids swimming and gymnastics after school this week, just booked tickets for the world’s biggest bouncy castle that’s in town this weekend (our treat while dh is away).

AnInchWasPinched Mon 23-Oct-17 05:37:40

Standard rounds of term-time. School, ferrying DC (can you say that if you use the bus?) to sports clubs, therapy sessions, homework, working, shopping and cleaning. Except I've got to take the car in today for an hour so will have to do the weekly shop on foot and carry it back to the garage.

CiderwithBuda Mon 23-Oct-17 05:48:30

Half term here. DS is 16 so fairly self sufficient. DH is away until Wednesday.

I have a list of things I need to get done before Thursday when I go to Boston for weekend. MIL is coming th day after I get back so I need to sort spare room. Which is currently full of my summer clothes to sort as I go to Australia a week after I get back from Boston.

So this week is getting up to date with washing
Tackling ironing pile
Sort summer clothes
Sort spare room
I also need to order some plants for the garden
Have some admin stuff to do for Oz trip

And I'd quite like to lose a couple of stone!

coffeecoffeemorecoffee Mon 23-Oct-17 06:02:13

3 very long days at work this week, will try to get some cleaning done and washing put away in between, a nursery trial session for my youngest and between all that try and have a nice day out with the kids.

IggyAce Mon 23-Oct-17 06:09:26

Half term here so off to a local NT property later today to do a spooky Halloween trail and find the skeletons in the garden.
Wednesday we go away to Northumberland for a couple of days and are planning on going to Edinburgh for the day on Thursday.

Growuphelen Mon 23-Oct-17 06:38:35

Today I'm catching up on sleep/rest after being up half the night with a tummy bug.
Tuesday I look after 21 month old DGD all day if she and I are well (she's had it too)
Weds a day at home, DH is working so I'll be dog walking, house cleaning, cooking etc. I also need to go to my allotment for some veg, and start sweeping and bagging piles of leaves (we live a few feet from woodland)
Thursday I'm taking DGC ages 6 & 4 out for the day while parents work (half term here)
Friday I look after my two toddler DGC for the day, they are 21 months and 18 months so it's full on, and Friday evening is wine night to recover ! We may wander down to the local wine bar if I'm not too knackered !

Autumnchill Mon 23-Oct-17 06:43:09

Stinking head cold so today will mostly consist of tablets, sleep, sneezing, coughing and generally feeling sorry for myself

Bananasandchocolatecustard Mon 23-Oct-17 06:55:36

Surviving until the end of week, then it’s half term😄😄👍

Hulababy Mon 23-Oct-17 06:58:52

No half term here yet. So a week of work for me (I work in an infant school and we currently have a lot of very tired small children!) and dh, and school for 15y Dd. Me and Dd will try and fit a couple of gym visits in too.
And need to pack later this week as we are going away to Spain for our half term from Saturday, with friends.

Girlsworld92 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:10:00

Meant to be taking my dds on a surprise holiday in 3 hours. Eldest was sick at 630am but seems fine now. Not sure what to do confusedprobably going to have to ruin the surprise and talk to her to see if she feels ok to go. I could go tomorrow but will lose about £200 to move things around.

bonfireheart Mon 23-Oct-17 08:20:38

Today a treasure trail
Tuesday Chester Zoo
Wednesday the ice cream farm in tattenhall
Friday play date
Sunday birthday party
And in between - no thinking about work or school!

bonfireheart Mon 23-Oct-17 08:21:42

girlsworld92 is it a long journey? When you get there could she rest? How many DC do you have?

Girlsworld92 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:27:38

It’s 2 hours on a train. We are going to London so will be quite full on. I have a 3yo & 6yo. 3yo was sick once on sat but fine since. 6yo who was ill this morning currently singing in the lounge. Sensible me says to reschedule but part of me thinks if she’s fine to go today. Got 2 hours to decide. There’s been an awful bug at her school.

Justabadwife Mon 23-Oct-17 08:28:07

Today I am having a major clean up. Helping dd with her homework. Dd is going to sleep at her cousins tonight.

Tomorrow we (ME Dd, SIL, her 2 dds) Are going lantern making.

Wednesday, chill out day. Dd needs to repack as she is staying at PILs Thursday night

Thursday. Work

Friday. Work

Saturday. Shopping smile

Sunday. Insist DH does a tip run. My outside toilet is full if junk. smile

BitchQueen90 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:30:01

Today going to the library and then on a treasure trail with DS.
Tuesday taking him out for a kiddies afternoon tea at a local tea shop.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I am working and DS will be with his dad. Friday night I am taking him to a Halloween party.
Saturday nothing planned yet. Sunday going pumpkin picking and activity day at a local farm.

LindyHemming Mon 23-Oct-17 08:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OuchBollocks Mon 23-Oct-17 08:35:03

Mat leave here. DD is on half term from preschool.

Meeting some friends and their DC for a forest walk and picnic today
Visiting another friend and her DC for tea and a chat tomorrow
Meeting a third set of friends at soft play on Wednesday (babies only - DD will stay with DH and go to her swimming lesson)
Going to a spooky Halloween thing with DH on Thurs. Dunno if DD is a bit young but it'll pass the time.
DD has gymnastics on Friday then we'll mooch round Waitrose and if I'm feeling brave we'll try the sushi bar (I mean brave to take a baby and pre schooler to a sushi bar, not re eating it. I love sushi and haven't had any in forever).
Saturday - maybe go clothes shopping first thing if I feel brave and energetic. Tv and chill if not.

Unexpectedbaby Mon 23-Oct-17 08:38:00

Getting through piles of washing and ironing from holiday that we returned from at the weekend. Hoping a plumber gets our boiler fixed and doesn't have to pull too many tiles off the wall to do so. I want hot water and heating and pretty sure DD (10mo) would too!

Hoping DP doesn't need surgery on a broken foot.

But on the bright side only working a 4 day week as DP should be on a stag this weekend and I can spend some lovely time cuddling DD in what will hopefully be a very warm flat!

Iamblossom Mon 23-Oct-17 08:40:56

We were supposed to be going to the Isle of Wight for three days today with friends and dogs but my puppy has caught kennel cough so is in quarantine...so we have had to cancel! Boys are gutted and I was too, but actually it does mean we can have a much more chilled out half term to be honest. We are all still in bed for one thing, we’d be up and out by now! And I haven’t had to pack and cook and shop for it...and we are going to do these things instead:

Gym this morning and cinema this afternoon.

Swimming tomorrow and then trampolining in the afternoon, macdonalds on way home for tea.

Friends over to play Wednesday

Chill out and homework day Thursday

Warwick Castle for the day on Friday which does Halloween VERY WELL!!!

And no school or work. WHOOP!

EsmeeMerlin Mon 23-Oct-17 08:43:10

I have ds all week as it's his first half term after starting school nursery in September.
Today I have to take him shopping for a coat and new shoes.
Tomorrow we are visiting my sister for the day.
Wednesday we have a Halloween afternoon disco/attraction.
Thursday nothing planned but dh will be home so hoping he will take ds out.
Friday I have to take ds to visit my mil for the day.

Nothing planned yet for the weekend apart from visiting my nan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now