Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Feeling unwell

(37 Posts)
Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:25:30

I’m just after a bit of a handhold really. I’ve got terrible stomach pain. Just at the top of my stomach, stretching across the front. Thrown up three times. Had Gaviscon, water, paracetamol, peppermint tea and it still bloody hurts. Am on my own with two kids, neither of whom will go to bed and it HURTS so much.

Hold my hand, please

GreenTulips Mon 23-Oct-17 00:28:28

Likely fall stones

Do you have shoulder pain

PurpleDaisies Mon 23-Oct-17 00:28:40

When you were sick, you didn't happen to spot any blood or anything that looked like coffee grounds did you?

How long has it been going on for?

If the pain doesn't go off, I'd call 111 or your OOH GP for advice.

GreenTulips Mon 23-Oct-17 00:28:45

Gall

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 00:28:48

Holding hand

So sorry you're feeling poorly. Is this stomach pain a regular thing? It sounds a lot like GERD.

GreenTulips Mon 23-Oct-17 00:29:16

What did you eat for tea

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:31:56

I’ve been eating crap all day, so it’s probably self inflicted. I’ve had dhal, chappattis, sandwiched, crisps. Lots of tea. I don’t have any pain anywhere else. Not sure what GERD is?

I had some pain when I was pregnant at least 7+ years ago they said was either tiny gallstones or possibly kidney stones? I forget.

I just wish it would stop hurting sad

GreenTulips Mon 23-Oct-17 00:33:25

Fatty foods will be the irritant

Try a fat free diet for a few days

Does it feel like 'something' is stuck?

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:36:34

A bit. The top of my stomach feels harder or firmer than the rest. It just really hurts. I can’t get comfortable. Sitting, standing, kneeling.

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:37:18

No blood and I think no coffee grounds but I keep having to take my glasses off to be sick so I cannot day for definite

Guiltypleasures001 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:41:04

Ahh gall stones, kneel on your hands and knees sometimes used to ease it a bit for me lovely
Solpadol was also my drug of choice

GreenTulips Mon 23-Oct-17 00:42:01

Ring the doctors and they can give you an anti sickness/ relaxant to help with them he pain

Try not to eat anything fatty
Cheese milk (soya milk is ok) chips etc it will be horrendous

Is anyone likely to be awake who can help?

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 00:43:34

Not sure what GERD is?

GERD is Gastroesophageal reflux disease, a disorder characterized by stomach acids welling up into the esophagus:

www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gerd/basics/definition/con-20025201

It's experienced as a sharp pain at the top of the stomach. It's also easily treated. Is there a chemist open nearby?

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:44:51

Kneeling does help a bit. Moving around does too. I don’t have anyone else here who can help. I might ring 111 and see what they recommend. Thank you all. I’m being such a wuss but it’s nice to have people to talk to.

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:45:18

There must be a 24 hour one somewhere nearby. What should I get?

Guiltypleasures001 Mon 23-Oct-17 00:50:38

If your puking then a small stone or a bit of grit is stuck in one of your tubes and is causing it to
Sold it forgot the word "clench up" drink plenty of water to flush through

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 01:01:57

There must be a 24 hour one somewhere nearby. What should I get?

Antacids - Tums, pepto bismol, etc. See if you can get an H2 blocker as well;

www.healthline.com/health/gerd/over-the-counter#antacids2

I'm in the US so I'm unsure what brand names are sold in the UK, but the pharmacist should be able to advise you.

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 01:12:35

And you're welcome. Happy to be of help. 🙌

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 01:35:13

I rang 111 and they are sending an emergency ambulance. Really hoping that this doesn’t turn out to be wind or something blush

hiddley Mon 23-Oct-17 01:40:15

Sounds like pancreatitis to me. Stay safe. I will say a prayer.

hiddley Mon 23-Oct-17 01:41:16

You're in safe hands now!

MissConductUS Mon 23-Oct-17 02:06:41

It certainly could be pancreatitis. Hopefully OP will return at some point to tell us how it turned out.

Bobbins43 Mon 23-Oct-17 02:50:38

At hospital. Off tits on gas and air. Waiting for pain relief x

DancingOnParsnips Mon 23-Oct-17 02:58:10

Gosh OP. Glad you're in safe hands. I was thinking ulcer (perforated?).

hiddley Mon 23-Oct-17 03:03:05

That level of pain is hell. Labour wasn't as bad as pancreatitis. Do let us know how it turns out! Otherwise we'll be putting bets on what is wrong lol. You poor thing though. It's like being tortured. The pain is horrendous. Have you any idea what your stats are like (I never lost brain function when I was ill).
They might give you a mild dose of morphine OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now