Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Help! Forgot my medication (France-UK)

(7 Posts)
GiraffeFluff Sun 22-Oct-17 22:30:18

I'm such an idiot.
I take a medication every two days. I live in France and I've just arrived in the uk for a week. My medication is back home in the bathroom cabinet. How can I get the meds? Try to get a GP appointment? I can probably get a prescription emailed to me from my doctor in France...would a UK pharmacy accept it?
Shit sad

RainbowPastel Sun 22-Oct-17 22:33:39

I would go to your nearest doctors tomorrow and see if they will do you a private prescription. You might have to pay for it.

hp2 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:34:37

What is it, might be available without a prescription?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 22-Oct-17 22:34:50

You can have an EU prescription dispensed in the UK as a private prescription. Maybe Boots or similar chain can advise how to do it by email.
Or you could try push doctor app - a FaceTime appt and they then email your pharmacy of choice the prescription , it’s £20 an appt plus the cost of medicine .

GiraffeFluff Sun 22-Oct-17 23:02:32

Thanks for replies! I've tried the push doctor but I need a uk mobile number which I don't have...will ask the friend I'm staying with if I can use theirs tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed I can sort this.

duckduckmouse Mon 23-Oct-17 07:57:42

Can your friend go to your house and post it signed for next day delivery?
Otherwise call 111 and see if they can dispense over the phone, what a pain!

GiraffeFluff Mon 23-Oct-17 22:30:53

Push Doctor saved the day!!!

Thanks so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now