Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What have you made today?

(68 Posts)
cakesonatrain Sun 22-Oct-17 18:08:55

I have made veggie soup, toad in the hole, and cherry & almond scones - scones assisted by 4yo DD, who is clearly v good at scones because they are best scones I have ever made.

What have you made? As fancy or ordinary as you like.

anythingbutlillies Sun 22-Oct-17 18:14:47

Roast lamb - made a bit more fancy with garlic and rosemary studded in it - with all the trimmings. Followed by rhubarb and raspberry crumble.
Went to start making chic chip cookies but had no brown sugar and experience has taught me they are no where near as nice with just normal sugar!

CaoNiMwahaha Sun 22-Oct-17 18:16:16

I thought this was going to be a craft thread, and got all excited because I finished a cable-knit scarf today!

Foodwise, I came over all gourmet and had marmite on toast for tea. grin

trinity0097 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:16:21

A new bed in the front garden, with 17 plants planted in it and bark out over the top @does that count!?

I also made a leftover beef casserole vegetable soup for lunch

cakesonatrain Sun 22-Oct-17 18:24:41

Oh craft makes are very welcome, CaoNiMwahaha

cakesonatrain Sun 22-Oct-17 18:25:37

As are gardening projects!

Lolipoplady Sun 22-Oct-17 18:31:18

I have just this minute finished steaming my Christmas puddings. I made two and they wouldn't both fit in the pan so have had to steam them separately... What a faff! In the process now of finishing off a batch of lentil shepherds pie, some for tonight and some for the freezer. Had enough of cooking now tbh, it's enjoyable but time consuming.

Lolipoplady Sun 22-Oct-17 18:32:29

Reading back my post, i think all the cooking today has made me grumpy grin

oldlaundbooth Sun 22-Oct-17 18:33:29

Not much today. Eggs and toast for brekkie then leftovers for lunch.

Yesterday I did a massive veg, lentil and coconut soup for lunch and then salmon, roasted butternut squash and cauliflower cheese for dinner.

Sausage and mash for dinner.

DaisyRaine90 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:37:19

Cheese on toast in the microwave and a few road with DP.

He’s made me a beautiful roast dinner which I’m about to sit down for.

He’s a much better housewife husband than me 😂

DaisyRaine90 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:37:32

Rows*

Ellybellyboo Sun 22-Oct-17 18:39:35

Food wise - roast chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing, etc and a sticky toffee pudding and toffee sauce

Craft-wise - I’m in the middle of knitting an afghan blanket and have done a square

Hippadippadation Sun 22-Oct-17 18:40:57

Shedloads of cups of tea! grin Meals have been leftovers, so no "making" required.

BobbinThreadbare123 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:43:01

The bed.

Also spaghetti and meatballs in marinara sauce. Mmmm!

Gazelda Sun 22-Oct-17 18:44:57

Joe Wicks’ Beef and Black Olive Meatballs. Yum!

Apple crumble (assisted by DD).

I made up the beds with fresh linen (my least favourite job in the world).

Helped DD make a birthday card for Grandad.

LtGreggs Sun 22-Oct-17 18:48:14

Carrot soup, bread, and a roast lamb dinner with plenty of vegetables.

Just back from a week away which involved lots of eating out pub & cafe style - which was great, but made me very keen for some home cooking today.

MrsZB Sun 22-Oct-17 18:50:23

Nothing today as we had brunch out and DH made tea.

But yesterday I made a rhubarb crumble, flapjack, sweet potato curry and vegetarian chilli.

thismeansnothing Sun 22-Oct-17 18:54:21

A Thismeansnothing shaped indentation in the corner of the sofa (had a very lazy day)

northernlites Sun 22-Oct-17 18:54:29

I made leftover chicken, butter nut sq, red pepper, celery, corn soup. It was delicious and I will probably never be able to recreate it!

Chatoyant Sun 22-Oct-17 18:56:18

Ham and cheese toasties for tea grin
We were out for lunch and DH did breakfast.
My children have made a big mess in their bedrooms that they’re now tidyingz

notonmynelly Sun 22-Oct-17 18:56:40

I roasted some spaghetti squash which I picked from the pumpkin field the other day. I've been dying to try it for years!

Also made a terrible rice pudding 😭 not sure why it dried up so quick hmmm.

DancingHouse Sun 22-Oct-17 18:59:38

My winter hanging baskets, my winter pomander which has taken several hours over the last few days poking the cloves into the orange but it's finally finished and I've just made a roasted butternut squash and garlic soup.

LBOCS2 Sun 22-Oct-17 19:00:38

• plans
• veal meatballs in tomato sauce with spaghetti fusilli
• my baby cry - it’s too close to bedtime for her to feed any more and she’s VERY cross that I won’t let her fall asleep on my boob.

millifiori Sun 22-Oct-17 19:02:37

I've made orange and cinnamon pot pourri, a bookcase and to eat, sausage with sweet potato mash, onion gravy and spicy beans with ginger cake and custard for pudding. Now I want to pop.

millifiori Sun 22-Oct-17 19:03:03

ooh and a bonfire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now