Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Skinny tall 11 year old - no trousers fit!

(15 Posts)
CisMyArse Sun 22-Oct-17 17:13:52

I'm having loads of trouble getting trousers for DD(11), but school trousers is a priority at the moment. Despite not particularly liking them, I've bought New Look's skinny trousers in a size 6 ladies. The legs fit (they're not tight on her) and the length is good, but the waist is (and I'm embarrassed to say this) held in a tight bunch by an extra strong bobble to pull the waist in. It has no belt loops nor those inside elastic adjusters.

I've looked everywhere for her size and nothing on the high street is suitable. She follows DH's build, but she isn't the tallest child I've ever seen at her age, but it's the narrow dimensions that are causing a problem. She has a 23" waist and a 28" inside leg. Her legs are like sticks so anything other than skinny or fitted trousers look ridiculously baggy on her. Help!

CisMyArse Sun 22-Oct-17 17:15:49

When she was in primary school, we stuck to skirts and we bought trousers from Next. The jersey boot cut ones were ideal as they came in extra slim and I used to stretch the hell out of them every time she wore them in order to make them long enough.

Sirzy Sun 22-Oct-17 17:18:08

Have you tried M and S? They do slim fit for School uniform

Acopyofacopy Sun 22-Oct-17 17:25:24

M&S also do extra long. A lifesaver if you have skinny, long legged kids!

AlexanderHamilton Sun 22-Oct-17 17:27:32

I'd also suggest trying M & S skinny got extra long. Bhs used to have a great range too which is such a shame they've now gone.

phileas Sun 22-Oct-17 17:37:18

Petite size 4 caters for a 28 inch leg - topshop and miss selfridges do them

Wildernesstips Sun 22-Oct-17 17:46:44

I have the same problem with my DS. I finally found the skinny fit school trousers in Debenhams did the trick - I presume they do the same range for girls. M&S skinny fit is a joke imo - they were so baggy.

Santawontbelong Sun 22-Oct-17 17:47:54

Asda do skinny school trousers.

Theseaweed Sun 22-Oct-17 18:01:45

Could you buy some and get them tailored? I know it's not ideal but it may be better than a bobble holding them up.

Trutex to a 24" waist and 28" leg length. I'm sure a stockist would order them in for you and maybe she could have them altered or wear a belt.

Theseaweed Sun 22-Oct-17 18:08:02

Also go on to asos site, look under black trousers, size 2 and 4 and there are a few pairs, 1 pair are even in the tall section so a lot longer in the leg.
Goggle is your friend OP. I found the above in less than 5 minutes of searching.

ShowOfHands Sun 22-Oct-17 18:12:55

We have the same problem. 10yo DD has longer legs than I do and has a tiny waist. I've taken in women's skinny trousers in size 4 for her but it's not ideal. None of the supermarket/M&S ones fit. She hates skirts and dresses but will wear shorts and culottes which sometimes work out better.

CisMyArse Sun 22-Oct-17 18:15:07

M&S and Asda are great in the leg providing we go to a 12-13 and then they are too big on waist. Not even a close enough fit to get a belt around them and the adjustable elastic bunch up too much to sit tidily.

I'll try Debenhams, TopShop and ASOS now. Thank you! I'm hopeful!
If not, I'll consider tailoring. I'll let you all know - thanks again.

MrGrumpy01 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:17:59

I got some from Tesco. The Sainsbury's ones ended up round her ankles. I'm not sure of her leg measurement though but she is very skinny and a little shorter than me (I'm 5 2)

Glitteryfrog Sun 22-Oct-17 18:40:27

Primark do size 4 or 6.

Theseaweed Sun 22-Oct-17 19:20:55

Good luck OP. I feel your pain. Everything seems geared towards us getting bigger as a nation. Not easy for slim Jims!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now