Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Would it be ok to buy second bad Aden & Anaïs muslin cloths/ straddle sheet

(12 Posts)
SelectedSandwiches Sun 22-Oct-17 11:57:45

I was looking for some cheap straddle blankets and came across the large muslin cloths from A&A. They are ridiculously expensive and looked at buying some second hand. Would this be ok or would I be better off just buying a couple brand new. I'm thinking that the second hand ones will end up looking to grotty and used!

Merryhobnobs Sun 22-Oct-17 12:03:40

Honestly muslin cloths are used to wipe up baby spit, baby vomit and other miessential continuously and whilst I will re use the ones I got for my first child I wouldn't get them second hand. I do have anais ones I got in an amazon sale and they are nice but I also got some other lovely huge ones as a present and they were fab. Will check the label once my wee one is up from her nap.

goodbeans Sun 22-Oct-17 12:04:49

In my experience the A&A stuff washes/wears very well but if you find they are past their best then they would make good spares... you can never have enough imo!

Sparklyuggs Sun 22-Oct-17 12:04:57

I get my A&A swaddles in tk maxx, normally £17 for three massive ones versus £30ish in John Lewis.

MayFayner Sun 22-Oct-17 12:06:52

No. I wouldn't buy second hand muslins. There are extra-large muslins available in lots of places, Tesco for example.

CatsCatsCats11 Sun 22-Oct-17 12:07:47

I love the aldi ones they are smaller and fit in the changing bag better. I had a sicky baby and went through 2-3 a day, I'd go quantity over quality to be honest.

EssentialHummus Sun 22-Oct-17 12:08:51

I wouldn’t. There are giant ones on Amazon at £11 for two.

Millybingbong Sun 22-Oct-17 12:10:41

I would. And did.

doleritedinosaur Sun 22-Oct-17 12:13:03

TK Max reduce them to £10 a pack if you keep an eye out.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Sun 22-Oct-17 12:18:47

So long as they are clean and in reasonable condition, it would be fine. Chances are they'd be softer than new ones too, having been washed more.

EssentialHummus Sun 22-Oct-17 12:51:52

What’s the appeal of this brand? As in, why even consider used ones? (I was offered used A&A muslins by a wealthy friend and thought she was bananas, so I’m really curious.)

SelectedSandwiches Sun 22-Oct-17 13:02:36

I didn't think of tk maxx. Thanks I will check it out.

EssentialHummus a friend raves about them and says they are so worth it. I think I have just jumped onto the bandwagon. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now