Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How are you spending your Sunday and what is for tea?

(98 Posts)
PepperSteaks Sun 22-Oct-17 08:59:12

Absoloutly adored this thread last week! can we make it a weekly thing?
I’m just enjoying a cup of tea sat in the rocking chair in the nursery watching DD play. Then she is having breakfast and a bath before we take her round my mums. My sister is visiting so we will have a posh brunch with lots of salmon. Then probably take DD to see the rest of the family as she is six months old today grin

TillyVonMilly Sun 22-Oct-17 09:04:22

It’s still wet and windy here so I think I will be be in the greenhouse planting bulbs in pots and sowing seeds. DP is cleaning the stove and I’m cooking roast pork, roast potatoes, carrot and swede mash, cauliflower cheese and Yorkshire puddings this evening smile

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Sun 22-Oct-17 09:06:00

Lunch with the in-laws at as notoriously Shite pub.

AlbusPercival Sun 22-Oct-17 09:06:09

I'm going for a run, then a family swimming trip.

DH making toast lamb for tea as it's my favourite

GeekyWombat Sun 22-Oct-17 09:09:53

We’ve all just had porridge for breakfast. We’re dividing and conquering because DS is poorly. DH is taking DD out while DS and I stay home. When DS naps I shall be busting out a yoga DVD for an hour I think.

Lazy afternoon of a film off DisneyLife and hot chocolates all round planned and then scampi, chips, peas and carrots for dinner. Freezer food ahoy but it’s been a tough week and it makes for simple clean up and everyone likes it.

GeekyWombat Sun 22-Oct-17 09:10:27

And happy half birthday Little Miss Peppersteaks!

thismeansnothing Sun 22-Oct-17 09:13:01

I'm going to go out and walk the dog. Then watch the footie (Arsenal v Everton). Finish off the laundry. Tea is pizza and salad. Then we're off to the ice hockey. Then when we get back catch up on the f1

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sun 22-Oct-17 09:18:12

It's rugby match day today.

DH was taken DSC to his match this morning and we are all going to watch a European Cup rugby match later.

We are having SpagBog before we go and hotdogs tonight as it will be quite late when we get back.

Currently trying to find the thermals for us all to wear as DH has text to say it's bloomin cold and he usually doesn't feel it.shock

MomToWedThorFriday Sun 22-Oct-17 09:19:01

I am sat in bed with a cup of tea, supposedly having some quiet time to myself but DD(3) appears to be next to me. Just ‘being’ there. hmm The boys are watching crap TV.
DH is off work, so he’s making us bacon, Brie & cranberry croissants for breakfast shortly.
DS2 stayed with DPs last night, he’s off to see great granny today, then they’ll bring him home.
Later we might pop to the park/go for a walk, then we’ve got roast gammon for dinner.

Scoleah Sun 22-Oct-17 09:19:48

Going to Primark to get Hats etc for the kids ready for Bonfire weekend (we are on a caravan stay for the weekend)
And then have a look round for a winter coat for DH I’ve already bought a didriksons thanks to MN recommendation grin
Then home for steak, Salad & wedges as we’ve had Sunday roast every Sunday for weeks and need a change!

Anecdoche Sun 22-Oct-17 09:22:04

we are all just bumming about. watching tv, surfing the net etc.
dinner will be whatever leaps out of the freezer

W0rriedMum Sun 22-Oct-17 09:22:38

DH is off work, so he’s making us bacon, Brie & cranberry croissants for breakfast shortly.
Cue the entire country turning around to look at their innocent partners with a dark look..

High bar there @MomtoWedThorFriday

W0rriedMum Sun 22-Oct-17 09:23:45

Off to church here.. Lazy day walking the dog and chilling!

ReinettePompadour Sun 22-Oct-17 09:25:17

I'm doing as little as possible all day.

Tea/dinner really is an obvious choice, it's Sunday therefore the only suitable meal is a Sunday roast. grin

We all had porridge with banana and honey for breakfast. DP has gone to work so me and Ds are off to the cinema to see Despicable Me 3, then lunch and the library. Dinner tonight will be beef cobbler which is already in the slow cooker, followed by chocolate pear pudding which me and Ds will make late. Lovely day ahead 😊

SleepingBooty Sun 22-Oct-17 09:27:47

No exciting plans for today. I will paint the DDs nails for half term but another lazy day planned.
We're having Brinner later (cooked breakfast for dinner).

muminthecity Sun 22-Oct-17 09:28:33

I'm still in bed, DD hasn't woken up yet. When she does I'll make us some bacon sandwiches and we'll choose something to watch on Netflix. I'll be doing lots of laundry and general tidying today.

In a couple of hours I'll be taking delivery of a gousto recipe box, which I got for free as part of a MN product test, so we'll cook something out of that together. DD has her eye on the chicken pesto pasta so we'll probably have that for dinner.

ForTheLoveOfSleep Sun 22-Oct-17 09:31:31

Finally sanding the fugly 1970's staircase to repaint and change the railings. Well, DP is grin.

We are having roast chicken followed by lemon meringue pie (pastry is just chilling in the fridge).

strugglingtodomybest Sun 22-Oct-17 09:32:26

I'm still in bed drinking tea, the kids are watching TV. No idea what we're doing for the rest of the day. Got to walk the dogs though and finish off a report I was writing. Probably fit in some house work too.

WanderingJules Sun 22-Oct-17 09:35:56

Just having breakfast in bed, me on here, dh on Ebay, then when we get up (eventually) dh is planning to potter about in his shed, and I’m going to do some sewing.
My neighbour has asked if I could make 3 makeup bags for her for Xmas pressies, so yesterday I did the prep work, and today, I’m getting them done and out of the way.
Then, If I have time, I’m sorting the greenhouse out.
Living on the edge, obviously.

Crunchymum Sun 22-Oct-17 09:36:33

Have just mopped the communal hallway (share with one other neighbour and she always puts the rubbish out so I mop the hallway) then I completely scrubbed the shower. Had to use cillet bang, window cleaner and white vinegar to get the shower door gleaming.... ended up covered in white vinegar so actually got in the shower to clean the rest of it grin

Off to shops when the open. Need potatoes and meat, have decided I fancy a roast for dinner. Will be lamb or beef. Have everything else here (veggies, Yorkshire puds etc)

Will take the kids for a run around later, DP can Hoover whilst we're out.

This afternoon will be movies / crap TV and just general rest, it's half term next week and we've got a few things planned so I was a day just to chill.

Me and DP will finally watch The Apprentice after kids go to bed. It's about the only thing we both like on TV.... and we haven't even had an hour on out own yet this week.

WanderingJules Sun 22-Oct-17 09:39:44

Oops, for tea it’s quiche, chips and veg.

Hardygirl78 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:44:50

Just finished breakfast of egg and bacon bites from last week's Eat Well for Less. DD helped to make them and she's so pleased with herself. Contemplating another cup of tea before a walk at our local park, then an afternoon of pottering around, putting up Halloween decorations and roast pork belly for dinner. Love quiet Sundays!

FunkyChunk Sun 22-Oct-17 09:46:07

Just getting ready to go out here. We’ve all had a quick breakfast of cereal this morning, we’re heading out to do the weekly food shop at Lidl.
After that we are going pumpkin picking and I’ll spend the afternoon carving them with DD while DH watches the football. Maybe make some banana bread...

revelsandrose Sun 22-Oct-17 09:46:43

Been up since 6am with ds3 who is full of a cold and had a restless night.

Ds3 had baby porridge & stewed apple and had a bounce about in his new jumperoo thingy.

I’ve had a little tidy up put the lamb in the slow cooker and prepped the veg for the roast. We are having lamb, roasties, roast parsnips, mashed potato, mashed carrot & turnip, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, pigs in blankets, stuffing, Yorkshire’s & gravy. For pudding apple crumble & cream.

I haven’t made a roast for a while so decided it needed to be a good one!

I’m just having a rest while ds3 has a nap, ds2 plays on his console, ds1 & dh are still in bed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now