Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What Australian school year would DD be in?

(8 Posts)
dressty Sun 22-Oct-17 02:14:58

If she was starting school there tomorrow (birthday in February and is 11) thanks!

dressty Sun 22-Oct-17 02:15:30

Oh in NSW. Would it be year 6?

BinkyandBunty Sun 22-Oct-17 02:35:24

Yes, year 6 which is the final year of primary school.

Koalablue Sun 22-Oct-17 02:35:28

I think five but some states are a little different. the dept of education has websites for every state and it will give a definite answer.

BinkyandBunty Sun 22-Oct-17 02:36:53

(if you're wondering how reliable I am, I'm in Australia and I have an 11yo smile)

SuperBeagle Sun 22-Oct-17 02:44:57

Year 6 in NSW.

Being February born, she would be slightly younger than most of her classmates though.

NotEntirelyWhelmed Sun 22-Oct-17 02:48:51

Definitely year 6 in NSW, although some people are keeping their kids back a year so they’re not the youngest in their class, so she could be a very old year 5.

ToesInWater Sun 22-Oct-17 10:42:52

She would usually be in Y6 but equally could be Y5. One of the good things about the Australian system, unlike the UK, is the fact that you can choose. For various reasons I don’t want to go into here my February born daughter started Kindy (NSW) a couple of weeks before she turned 6 which is statutory school age here. I loved the fact that we were offered a 2 or 3 day a week pre-school or Kindy place for her aged 5 so I had a choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now