Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What the fuck am I going to do with 25 bananas

(45 Posts)
trollarama Sat 21-Oct-17 21:25:03

Aka never do the internet shopping when the kids are on your case and always preview the trolley before checking out because the little darlings are knocking ten bells out of each other and need separating before someone gets injured

I loathe the buggers in every way shape and form. Even cooked in a banana and chocolate cake.

One of the dc will only eat them cooked into things

Dh and the other dc eat them but don't like smoothies.

Fuxake

MyBrilliantDisguise Sat 21-Oct-17 21:25:41

Foodbank?

RoderickRules Sat 21-Oct-17 21:26:35

You can freeze them

SpinnerDryer Sat 21-Oct-17 21:27:01

Freeze them.

Banana Custard.

Donate them to the Zoo.

AfunaMbatata Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:07

Freeze and make pure banana ice cream!

CustardOmlet Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:10

I'll have them, my DS has been ill and now will only eat bananas - crazy 1yr old!

DoYouWantABourbon Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:47

Homemade banana chips

Anecdoche Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:55

milkshake?

my eldest blends milk and bananas and loves it.

or cut them in half, stick lolly sticks up them, dip them in 100s and thousands and bung them in the freezer.

BamburyFuriou3 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:29:33

Banana fritters. Yum smile

Anecdoche Sat 21-Oct-17 21:29:52

oh yes agree banana chips is good idea

Mominatrix Sat 21-Oct-17 21:30:01

Freeze them.

You can use them to make non dairy ice “cream”, pancakes, used to sweeten cakes, make chocolate covered frozen banana lollies...

PurplePillowCase Sat 21-Oct-17 21:30:07

cut into chunks and freeze for smoothies and instant ice creams.
banana pancakes are nice as well.

Treysanatomy Sat 21-Oct-17 21:31:36

I fucked up bananas on my online order too, obviously wasn’t paying attention and I’ve ended up with just 1 for the dc to fight over.

I also ended up with 3 airwick candles at £1 each with I have no recollection of ordering.

Last month they delivered a kilo of ginger. Recipe called for ‘a cm’. The driver knew exactly what I’d done when he handed over that carrier bag 😳

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 21:36:10

Banana bread is gorgeous

bettytaghetti Sat 21-Oct-17 21:40:03

You do realise you can just hand back any mistakes to the driver?!
I once did two Christmas orders from different supermarkets because I was trying to be organised early on and wanted to save the slots, intending to edit or delete one of them. In the chaos of the few days before Christmas I forgot to sort out my orders. I have to say the delivery lady from Waitrose was wonderfully understanding when she took the whole lot back!!

Nanasueathome Sat 21-Oct-17 21:42:45

Freeze them and make banana ice cream

Simply mash the frozen bananas and voila!!!!!

trollarama Sat 21-Oct-17 21:44:07

At least ginger is freezable and can be grated from the freezer.

Some have been turned into banana lollies and some have been chopped into chunks and frozen in the hope that my texture-averse dc will eat them as they're no longer soft and squishy.

Still got a fair few left though. Bananas on top of weetabix for dh and dc2 next week for breakfast

ISpeakJive Sat 21-Oct-17 21:44:12

You can send them over here! I live with a bunch of monkeys!! Need at least 5 of those buggers a day, everyday!

MycatsaPirate Sat 21-Oct-17 21:44:45

Any neighbours who want them?

Give them to a local primary school.

Donate to a foodbank, day centre or a care home.

trollarama Sat 21-Oct-17 21:46:23

I would have handed them back but I didn't realise my mistake until the driver had left and I paid the dc to unpacked the bags.

Might try the ice cream. Dc2 will possibly eat it.

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 21:46:38

My last banana bread smile

trollarama Sat 21-Oct-17 21:47:31

If anyone lives in the north west they are more than welcome to a few!

NannyR Sat 21-Oct-17 21:47:40

Banana ice cream is surprisingly popular, even with kids who claim to not like bananas. Freeze them in peeled chunks, defrost for about ten minutes then blend until really smooth. Serve with sprinkles and a squirt of chocolate sauce.

dancinfeet Sat 21-Oct-17 21:48:03

Banana breakfast muffins with banana, honey and porridge oats, which can be frozen and taken out in batches

CountDuckulaTheSqueaky Sat 21-Oct-17 21:49:05

I'll eat them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now