Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

A stone off by Xmas. That’s 1.5lbs per week starting now! Anyone up for it?

(751 Posts)
TickledPurplePink Sat 21-Oct-17 20:39:18

I’ve gained a stone since the start of summer blush School holidays = too many treats and not enough exercise and I’ve not got my good habits back since. Really don’t want to keep going like this and have more damage to undo by new year. Need to be accountable to someone to get back on track. Would really appreciate a buddy.

I will be calorie counting on My Fitness Pal, aiming to be back to doing 10,000 steps a day and keeping my water intake up. Once I’ve done a couple of weeks and broken the sugar cravings I’ll be better but I am really struggling to get beyond a day or two so this must be it! Please help me do it! I can’t fit in half my clothes shock

ItsLeviosah Sat 21-Oct-17 20:41:37

I lost 15lb from July to September (slimming world) then piled it all back on becuase I’m a chocolate and cake addict and was craving sugar.

I have to get back on the wagon now or never.

So I’m in for this smile

Merrynsmummy Sat 21-Oct-17 20:43:12

I'll join you. I reckon I'm prediabetic at the moment and the first thing I'll need to do is try to lose a stone at least. I'm going to follow a low carb diet that I used when I was diabetic in pregnancy. I get at least 10000 steps usually so I'm going to aim for 15k.

joopy79 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:43:44

That sounds doable! I'm in. I am slowly losing weight, I did mfp to start me off but I get bored of entering everything but it does work. I'm going to start again at half term as I'm not losing enough weight now

HeresJohnnyforrrrm Sat 21-Oct-17 20:46:38

I'm in! I've piled on 4st in 2 years. I have my reasons for it and they were out of my control but my medication has been changed so it won't be down to that if I get bigger from here. I've never felt so awful about myself and I should be so grateful to be alive so feel very shallow worrying about weight but I used to be slim. Like having a life changing illness isn't bad enough, I got fat with it. You have to laugh, my mum is on medication for the rest of her life and the side effect is her skin has gone nice and tan 😂 awoke people have all the luck eh!

So, I'm aiming for 1200cal per day, using my iwatch again and using my massive water bottle to increase my water intake!

Let's do this 💪🏼

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sat 21-Oct-17 20:47:22

God I would love to do this! I need 4 stone gone by Feb!

I work from home, that is my downfall. Automatic eating, eating the wrong things, not enough water and rheumatological issues that prevent me from exercising.

I FEEL like my body could do more but it just wont let me!

Never got on with MFP but do need to start planning my meals better and cutting out the bread.

HeresJohnnyforrrrm Sat 21-Oct-17 20:47:25

*some people

smileygrapefruit Sat 21-Oct-17 20:48:31

Yes please can I join? I'm going to get on Amazon now and order some scales as I don't actually know how much I weigh 🙈 12 weeks postpartum with 3rd baby in 4 years and ready to get my body back!!

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sat 21-Oct-17 20:50:36

I just realised my post is full of excuses isnt it?

I need to focus on what I can do, not what I cant.

DontbeaDickaboutit Sat 21-Oct-17 20:52:07

I’m in. Let’s go!

BloomersBerry Sat 21-Oct-17 20:52:43

I'm in! Currently 11st 6lbs, should be 2 stone lighter so getting rid of one of those by Christmas would be fantastic.
I agree with joopy79 that mfp gets boring but without it I tend to conveniently forget about all the snacks I have during the day blush

TickledPurplePink Sat 21-Oct-17 20:54:25

Wow! This is great! Thank you all so much. I really do need to be accountable to do this especially the early days and weeks.
There is no joining and failing. Let’s make a plan and stick to it. For me that’s counting calories but whatever each of us decides is fine. The only rule is we stick to our plan for the next nine weeks. Let’s do it!

SillyMoomin Sat 21-Oct-17 20:57:06

Ooooh really, is it possible? 1.5lbs / week = stone by Christmas?

Hell yes then.

<shovels the last of the chocolate down my gullet so it’s not longer in the house> blush

Ok. I just need to NOT buy all the Christmassy treats now appearing in the shops and be organised enough to have healthy snacks in the house rather than reaching for the biscuit tin.

It’s sheer greediness and I know better.

JennyOnAPlate Sat 21-Oct-17 20:58:52

Me! I’ve lost 18lbs since the end of August but I’ve been aware of bad habits slipping back in over the last couple of weeks. I could use some moral support! I have at least another 4 stone to lose.

Antiopa12 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:06:32

I am in
I need motivation and reporting here hopefully will help
My plan is to cut out sugary treats eat more protein eat less carbs and exercise more
1.5 lbs a week should be achievable
(After I have binned the junk food )

mineallmine Sat 21-Oct-17 21:06:53

I'm in! 3 1/2 stone to lose here so one by Christmas would be a good start. I don't want to get diabetes and this us where I'm headed if I font do something soon. My downfall is my lack of food planning which means I often skip lunch and dinner and then graze all day and crave sweet stuff.
So my plan is porridge for breakfast and properly planned lunch and dinner with minimal (fruit or yoghurt only) snacking.

glenthebattleostrich Sat 21-Oct-17 21:12:46

I'm totally up for this. I need to get my arse into gear.

My plan is

Low carb and eat properly, not just constant snacking. 3 meals per day.

Exercise 5 days per week, even if it's just a brisk walk.

12500 steps per day

Alcohol 1 day per week.

Now if someone can just come live with me to make sure I stick to it, that'd be great 😀

ThePinkOcelot Sat 21-Oct-17 21:21:00

I'm in too. I actually don't know how much I weigh at the moment, but its too much! My clothes are cutting off my circulation! Nothing fits properly. I've just gone daft since I come back from holiday in August.
Moral support girls.

TickledPurplePink Sat 21-Oct-17 21:21:10

Fantastic. There was me thinking I may not get any serious takers. Team so far:
TickledPurplePink
ItsLeviosah
Merrynsmummy
joopy79
HeresJohnnyforrrrm
SnipSnipMrBurgess
smileygrapefruit
DontbeaDickaboutit
BloomersBerry
SillyMoomin
JennyOnAPlate
Antiopa12
mineallmine
And glenthebattleostrich

I will check back about 9am tomorrow (as will be in the car then with DH driving) and if there is anyone else I’ll do a new list then. Get ready - first day tomorrow 😀

sleeplessinselondon Sat 21-Oct-17 21:24:25

Ooh can I join - I have put on a good half stone since summer and already was a stone overweight. Was just saying tonight that a stone off by Christmas is my goal. Need some accountability!

Ponyboycurtis Sat 21-Oct-17 21:26:26

I'm in, I'm doing SW & so fat lost 1 stone, would like another one by Xmas and a few more after that........

Good Luck everyone halo

Ponyboycurtis Sat 21-Oct-17 21:26:46

*so far!

smileygrapefruit Sat 21-Oct-17 21:26:56

Digital scales ordered on Amazon prime for guaranteed delivery tomorrow (on a Sunday?!) so will check in when they arrive!

Bellabelinda Sat 21-Oct-17 21:27:16

Oh god, me too please. I'm so overweight! I'm going to do a combination of shakes and low carb meals when a shake won't cut it. Exercise is the toughest bit for me as I'm tied to the house with young kids but will have to dust off the old workout dvd's...

HolyShet Sat 21-Oct-17 21:28:02

I need to make a change. Weight's piling on, mood is very low, perimenopausal, too stressed and grumpy about clothes not fitting but that will be the least of my problems unless I stop the rot.
A stone off by Christmas would make me feel so much better

There are no batteries in my scales.

But other than that I'm up for this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now