Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is Brian affecting you today?

(63 Posts)
Blackandpurple Sat 21-Oct-17 15:49:41

Its a right windy day here. Spent the morning having a right clearance in DS's room and built a desk for him. Just been down the beach with DH and it was very impressive!

You stuck indoors?

Minidoghugs Sat 21-Oct-17 15:50:52

He's a very naughty boy!

SquirmOfEels Sat 21-Oct-17 15:51:57

Are you in Hull?

We haven't had the forecast rain, and although windy it doesn't seem that bad (so far!)

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 21-Oct-17 15:52:03

On holiday in South Wales. Went to Tenby and at the beach DS got some excellent photos of the surf for his photography portfolio. It is a bit more miserable than we had hoped for though, but it's a change of scenery.

BlossomCat Sat 21-Oct-17 15:53:10

Brian's blowing off here!
Very windy he is, too.

SoupDragon Sat 21-Oct-17 15:53:51

The weather is really weird in South London. Right now it is glorious sunshine, 5 minutes ago it was grey and raining and it's been doing that all day. Windy throughout though.

I guess it is the perfect example of "changeable"!

Blackandpurple Sat 21-Oct-17 15:56:47

Im in north wales. Rain was awful this morning hence staying indoors but i love nothing more than the beach on a stormy day. Tend to stay away in summer cos of the visitors but theyre not hardy enough for the beach in winter!

FuzzyCustard Sat 21-Oct-17 15:58:38

North Cornwall. Blowing and raining, but to be fair, nothing out of the ordinary.

TriHard27 Sat 21-Oct-17 16:00:35

Park run was cancelled and we're supposed to be doing a sportive tomorrow which will be bloody miserable in this weather. No damage caused here as far as I know though so touch wood.

I am currently at home in my pyjamas with a cup of tea refusing to move again today. Yuck. [big baby]

WinteryWalk Sat 21-Oct-17 16:13:31

North West here, windy, rainy & freezing. Not really stormy as such, just rubbish!

mumof06darlings Sat 21-Oct-17 16:20:05

We have no electricity and it's very windy and wet here in Cork 😫

MiddlingMum Sat 21-Oct-17 16:47:20

I love the wind. I've been for a longish walk and really enjoyed it. Came back with glowing cheeks and a healthy appetite which a piece of cake and a cup of tea has sorted out smile

Not good for anyone who has actually been affected by it though.

CocoPuffsinGodMode Sat 21-Oct-17 17:10:32

Very wild here in Dublin and pissing down most of the day. On the plus side though, having the excuse to just stay in means I’ve managed to catch up on laundry, sort clothes for charity and spent some time cooking various things for the freezer.

TheQueenOfWands Sat 21-Oct-17 17:13:39

There's a beach in Hull?

Blimey. Every day is a school day...

NoSwsForYou Sat 21-Oct-17 17:16:45

We've stayed in too. DS is a bit poorly and I tried to take him to the park for fresh air but he flat out refused gringrin

MimsyBorogroves Sat 21-Oct-17 17:19:29

I’m in hull.

Blowing nicely here. No beach, unless you count the foreshore.

lightcola Sat 21-Oct-17 17:21:37

We've stayed in today although starting to regret that now. THis house is not big enough for 2 kids and a dog to be in all day.

fairyofallthings Sat 21-Oct-17 17:21:55

@Squirmofeels Are you in Hull?

grin Love it....

He was kicking up quite a stink earlier but he seems to have calmed down now, he must have realised that he's not going to get his own way round here.

PickAChew Sat 21-Oct-17 17:24:02

In the NE. All hot air until about 3pm, when he decided he'd have more success if he pissed on us.

calamityjam Sat 21-Oct-17 17:32:50

Manchester here. It started at about lunchtime, went to Asda with ds17 and ds10 to get some bits and ds17 wanted a ps4 game so he didn't have to play on ds10's. Ds 10 forgot his birthday money so now I've got to go back out tomorrow. Dd got all ready to go out with her mates but cancelled due to the stormy weather. Dp caved in and cleaned the kitchen which was nice as I can now make tea without having to clean up first.

WinteryWalk Sat 21-Oct-17 17:37:56

It’s gone terrible here now, torrential rain & dark but not really windy... yet!

sinceyouask Sat 21-Oct-17 17:40:00

Not really. It's v wet and windy but this is manchester and it's October. Wet and windy is not unusual! Keeping a close eye on the trains though, as ds1 and ds2 are supposed to be travelling to my parents in Herefordshire tomorrow.

ditzychick34 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:44:08

Scotland - bit wet but no wind

LuckyLuckyMe Sat 21-Oct-17 17:50:47

South of Ireland here. It’s very windy and we have torrential rain. There are reports of trees down blocking roads in a few local areas. We won’t be leaving the house today.

Sparklingbrook Sat 21-Oct-17 17:53:40

Not much fun on the M5 in Gloucestershire. Bit nervous of the caravans and high sided vehicles with the strong wind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now