Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Help finding holiday cottage?

(7 Posts)
NorthandSouth98374 Sat 21-Oct-17 15:05:29

A group of 17 of us want to go away for a weekend in July for a big birthday. I'm going mad trying to find somewhere suitable. There's 3 dogs but no children. The group would like to stay in walking distance to a pub, not have to travel too far from the North East of England (or stay in it), and there's a request for a hot tub if possible.

Does such a place exist? I've searched forever and no success. Anyone stayed somewhere like this they could recommend?

CalmanOnSpeeddial Sat 21-Oct-17 15:17:44

www.cottages.com/cottages/little-brampton-farmhouse-e3974?adult=17&nights=7&range=3

Not cheap I grant you, but you get 7% off through Mumsnet and Shropshire is lovely.

CAAKE Sat 21-Oct-17 15:21:09

No idea if this is near where you want to be, but we stayed here last year and it was superb for a large group -

https://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Cotswolds-Warwickshire-Hatfield/Norton-Grange-19077.html

BackforGood Sat 21-Oct-17 15:22:36

Does it have to be in one building ? If you are happy to stay across 3 cottages in a barn conversion or similar, you'll widen your scope a lot and have more kitchen and bathroom space.

millifiori Sat 21-Oct-17 15:24:51

This lovely place is in Cumbria near Ullswater. It accepts dogs, has a pub a few minutes away, is on the outskirts of a gorgeous village and has its own massive grounds with woodland and river as well as loads of walks nearby. Melmerby Hall

millifiori Sat 21-Oct-17 15:26:34

Forgot to add - there's a road to it direct from Northumberland which is said to be one of the most gorgeous drives in UK. A6-something-something - forget which, so it's near North East too.

defineme Sat 21-Oct-17 15:38:38

I think Ullswater Estate on Kate &Toms big cottage company has hot tub, allows dogs, fits you in over 2 adjoining Properties and can't be that far, private lake access and spa so ££££s l

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now