Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Xmas issues

(12 Posts)
Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:21:11

1) Dd is pregnant so I don't know what to get her for Xmas. She's 20.

2) ex will get me something for Xmas from the kids. Do i have to get him something from the kids as well?

3) boxing day he wants to come see the kids and sleep on the sofa. I'm not sure about it. But don't know why

2014newme Sat 21-Oct-17 13:23:04

No to the sofa sleeping. He goes home to his own house or has the kids at his own house. Boundaries.

NapQueen Sat 21-Oct-17 13:24:45

1) not sure why a pregnancy makes it more challenging? Unless you usually buy her alcohol

2)How old are the kids? Under 10, id say yes , over ten then send them out to get something with their pocket money.

3)I wouldnt. Your choice but id say no. If you have the kids christmas day then he can take them to his boxing day surely?

Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:25:40

He's not having kids at his house not a hope in hell.

Hassled Sat 21-Oct-17 13:26:33

1) Get her what you'd get her regardless of the pregnancy (unless you usually get her gin and fags). Not something for the baby - something for her.
2) Yes, that would be a nice gesture. Worth it for a friendly relationship.
3) He doesn't need to sleep on the sofa unless he lives miles away. If he does live miles away and it's no real odds to you, why not let him stay? But hard to tell without knowing whether he's a controlling wanker invading your personal space or just a normal ex-H.

BrieAndChilli Sat 21-Oct-17 13:27:04

How pregnant is DD?
Newly pregnant maybe some vouchers for places that do maternity clothes, some pregnancy books, plus some stuff that isn’t about the baby! Ready to pop - some vouchers so she can buy some new clothes afterwards, some pamper stuff/haircut voucher

How old are the kids? Teens and older give them some money and leave them to get a present. Primary age then I would take them out to choose something

How far away does he live? Several hours then I would facilitate a visit IF I got on ok with him, or arrange for a friend/family member to put him up?

Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:27:28

No never by drink. Well can't buy her clothes. Don't know apart fro. That feels more difficult though.

Yeah they are little.

NapQueen Sat 21-Oct-17 13:27:45

Is his house unsuitable?

Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:34:49

She's due 4th jan. She's not wanted maternity. Living in leggings and track bottoms. Yes could get her vouchers and pamper bits for her. Get her a nice dressing gown to.

Ex is not horrible but he still comes out with the you know I love you type crap.

Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:35:46

nap no he's just an arsehole when it comes to parenting

Rainshowers Sat 21-Oct-17 13:39:45

I'm due on 4th Feb and have told DH that I want stuff for post baby, nothing baby related (e.g. bump creams, baby books maternity clothes etc) so vouchers for clothes shopping after baby, some comfy trousers for post baby lounging around, books etc. Have also requested a Starbucks voucher so that after I've dropped the eldest off at nursery I can go and drink coffee in peace with the baby

Fuckit2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:44:21

Ah yes she would love a restrant type voucher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now