Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Does your face ever creak?

(18 Posts)
ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 11:00:16

My face creaks...why?! It happens in my eyelids, nose and on my cheek area. Is it normal?!

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 11:01:45

I'm not sure what you mean? Is there actually a noise or just feels a bit 'creaky'?

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 11:03:11

It's a creaking noise. It makes me feel a bit queasy when it happens. I was removing some remnants of mascara from my eyelids and they started creaking. Then my nose started. It's horrible! I can't be the only one surely? confused

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 11:05:55

I guess you wouldn't be the only one but I'm honestly a bit stumped about being creaky!

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 11:09:16

On conducting extensive academic research Googling it could be a sinus thing.

AtSea1979 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:09:24

No idea what you mean. When I crinkle my face my jaw creaks but there's no other bones in my face that move that can creak.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 11:15:46

Well I'm not suggesting the bones in my face are moving. It could be pockets of air or something like that. I don't know but I definitely get creaking noises. If its just me perhaps I need to present myself at some sort of research institute for further study.

BulletFox Sat 21-Oct-17 11:26:46

@potato grin

Yes you need to be pinned down and medically scrutinised, creak by creak

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 21-Oct-17 11:30:23

My DH's eyes make awful noises when he rubs them. Is that what you mean?

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 11:33:54

That's exactly it. It's a really horrible sound.

Hekoe Sat 21-Oct-17 11:41:01

I get that when I rub my face, but it's more of a weird crackle. I find steaming face with a bowl of hot water with a bit of vics in helps all the crap come out grin which seems to stop the weird noises for a bit

ShowMePotatoSalad Sat 21-Oct-17 12:33:51

Ta I'll try that...I think I'm sinusy

EdgarAllanPO Sat 21-Oct-17 12:36:18

I was going to say sinus. Sometimes this happens to me but I'm not sure anyone else can hear it. I think because it's coming from your head and you feel the sensation it sound's very loud but really isn't.
You are not alone grin

BalloonSlayer Sat 21-Oct-17 13:12:04

Sometimes my eyes make a funny noise but they don't do it all the time. The noise seems to come from the tear duct. I think they are more prone to doing it if I have a cold.

Fluffyears Sat 21-Oct-17 14:00:38

Yes my eyes and nose make a weird noise. More crackly if I rub them.

RoganJosh Sat 21-Oct-17 14:02:00

My DDs eyes crunch when she blinks if her sinuses are blocked.

SealSong Sat 21-Oct-17 14:04:24

I get crackly noises in my sinuses, don't know if it's anything like that, OP? Kind of back of nose area. Can be infuriating if I'm trying to get off to sleep.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 21-Oct-17 14:46:50

Oh, my sinuses make a high pitched squealing noise as they equalise after blowing my nose.... I always thought only I could hear it. Apparently not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now