Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Things I’ve dropped on my baby.

(58 Posts)
EvilCleverDog Sat 21-Oct-17 10:45:12

Just swept the floor, had a dustpan full of dust and bits, turned round a bit too fast and the contents ended up all over ds (18 weeks) who was sitting in his chair.

Also, was breastfeeding him aged about 4 weeks and eating a sandwich when the filling (chicken salad) fell out and landed on his head!

I can’t be the only one 😂

operaha Sat 21-Oct-17 10:49:11

Ketchup. Not once either.

SmellySphinx Sat 21-Oct-17 10:49:13

Mobile phone, gravy, drops of tepid coffee, bean juice

Taylor22 Sat 21-Oct-17 10:49:32

Food, phone, toys, a sibling.

She's 16 months old now so I'm secure in the knowledge that she's pretty robust.

furryelephant Sat 21-Oct-17 10:50:41

I drop water on her face in the night all the time and only realise when she startles and flaps about while I’m trying to BF grin
I’ve also dropped my phone on her head once and nearly cried out of guilt

operaha Sat 21-Oct-17 10:51:41

Oh and beat this, ds now 12 and unharmed was in his bouncer by the Christmas tree age around 12 weeks when I allowed dd aged 8 (and somehow still unharmed now age 19) to switch the lights on to do so she had to crawl under the tree. Cue 6 foot real tree falling on new baby shock I was picking bits out of him for ages.
She still can't hear that story without getting upset but she was a proper shit that day and wouldn't even apologise as it was my fault for putting the tree there.

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 21-Oct-17 10:54:44

Chocolate cake. And my dad left a big chocolatey smear on his pristine white babygro! angry
Toast, toast crumbs. Jam. Marmalade.
My phone.
To be fair, that boy has sicked up on me more times than I can count, punched a fresh cup of tea out of my hand so it went in my eye and assaulted me with a wooden shape sorter.
It's a wonder either of us have made it this far.

APocketfulOfStars Sat 21-Oct-17 10:56:20

I think I win....hot tea shock at 6 months. 3rd degree burns on one foot. Although technically, he grabbed it himself. It was the first time he made a proper lunge/grab attempt, and was very successful... On the positive side, it does mean that I have worried less about absolutely anything that has happened to fallen on him him since then. He's now 18 months and as robust as they come. His knees are completely covered in tiny scratch scars. Oh well!

Aprildaisie Sat 21-Oct-17 11:00:34

Are you still reminding her of it opera?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 21-Oct-17 11:00:50

Custard.

EvilCleverDog Sat 21-Oct-17 11:05:39

Just told a friend what happened - she told me when her dd was about 8 months old she picked her up from her nap and was cuddling her, forgetting she had hair dye on. Her dd had a red patch in her pure blonde hair for a long time 😂

operaha Sat 21-Oct-17 11:10:05

Aprildaisie it comes up roughly once a year as the tree goes up

MimsyBorogroves Sat 21-Oct-17 11:12:35

Many,many books on DS1.

When I had DS2 I upgraded to a kindle for his safety. Easier to hold and lighter.

Whitelisbon Sat 21-Oct-17 11:13:38

I was putting 4 day old dd down in the pram, in my sleep deprived state I managed to drop her on 4 day old ds who was already in there.
Neither woke up, although they both startled.

Juanbablo Sat 21-Oct-17 11:14:01

The day dd was born I was sitting on the hospital bed with her lying in front of me. I opened one of those little orange juice cups with the foil lid and spilled it all over dd. Only a few hours old and she needed an outfit change.

TheDodgyEnd Sat 21-Oct-17 11:14:31

My grandma ACCIDENTALLY dropped a full jam jar on DS head when he about 2. She knocked it out of the cupboard and didn’t realise he was right underneath her. The bump on his forehead was impressive to say the least! She felt awful but no lasting damage!

TheDodgyEnd Sat 21-Oct-17 11:15:55

And when DN was a few hours old he jerked back and threw himself off hospital bed onto hard hospital floor....again no damage but DSIL was beside herself for days about it

mimi14 Sat 21-Oct-17 12:56:50

When DD was a few weeks old I was trying to multitask... I was bfing and trying to eat spag Bol at the same time. She pulled off suddenly and rolled down me into my plate of dinner (which had luckily cooled down!). She had an orange stain on the side of her face and her lovely white babygro was never the same again!

Have also dropped sour cream on her head while eating crisps and dip.

SciFiFan2015 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:02:00

A chair. From a height. I was at the top of the stairs, DS was at the bottom crawling. It was his wee rocking chair thing I was carrying, it slipped out of my hands and landed on him. The guilt! Thankfully was still bfing him at the time and that always solved all woes.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sat 21-Oct-17 13:11:15

Phone
Book
A smorgasbord of food

And erm..... the cat.

The wonderful HoneyDragon dropped Immac on her baby's head once.

BonjourMeDarlin Sat 21-Oct-17 13:16:50

I dribbled in my baby. He was in the sling and I was so hungry and making chips and I kind of leaned into eat them and a big blob of dribble landed on his head blush

buttwingsham Sat 21-Oct-17 13:21:20

Various food and drink have landed on my four children over the years.

I think the worst though was probably when I fake tanned dc4 in the night he liked to sleep in the crook of my arm. He's neck was tanned for about a weekgrin

EvilCleverDog Sat 21-Oct-17 13:46:42

STDG immac 😱

FoodGloriousFud Sat 21-Oct-17 15:27:04

A cat??!! I need to know how you dropped a cat on your baby! :-D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now