Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How can I use up puff pastry?

(12 Posts)
MrsZB Sat 21-Oct-17 09:55:53

I have two packets of slightly out of date puff pastry - the butter one. Ready rolled. What can I do with it?

I also have cheese or jam - have some rhubarb in the garden.

Cheese and jam puffs ...

Anyone got any better ideas?

PaperdollCartoon Sat 21-Oct-17 09:57:51

Cover half in grated cheese, fold over to cover, roll thin, cut into strips and twist then bake to make cheese straws.

I want this now.

SpookierAndSpookier Sat 21-Oct-17 09:59:23

You can make it into a sort of pizza. You just add tomato sauce and some cheese and then whatever toppings you like and then bung it into the oven.

bakingaddict Sat 21-Oct-17 10:01:05

Make croissants, you can get a template on the internet for cutting out. Start from the straight edge and roll tightly and use a bit of milk to stick the last bit to the centre. Then shape into a crescent and bake in the oven

Blahblah2000 Sat 21-Oct-17 10:03:24

I second the pizza idea. I get the toddler to do most do most of the work then it also counts as an activity...

MrsZB Sat 21-Oct-17 10:04:28

Wow these are fab ideas! Thank you! I could make pizza for the kids for lunch.

AdaColeman Sat 21-Oct-17 10:06:11

Make palmiers.

Cheese twists also a good idea, add a little mustard to the cheese for extra interest. You could also do pesto twists.

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 21-Oct-17 10:10:36

I was going to say pizza too.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 21-Oct-17 10:11:17

Roast veggie tart tartin. Chop up veggies, sprinkle with oil and herbs, roast for 20mins, cover with rolled out pastry. Put back in oven until cooked.

Turn upside down so pastry is on the plate, veggies on top. Yum!

sashh Sat 21-Oct-17 10:26:41

Put one sheet flat ans score it into strips, butter with Dijon mustard, sprinkle liberally with Parmesan and bake for 15 mins. Break it up along the score lines into cheese straws.

wobblywonderwoman Sat 21-Oct-17 10:30:05

Oh lovely queen I am going to do that.
I make swirls. I use mincemeat at Christmas but I am sure jam would work. Just spread over and roll up and cut (it looks like a swiss roll)

MrsZB Sat 21-Oct-17 11:00:58

Brilliant ideas- thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now