Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

This has NOTHING to do with autism. Fucking Facebook.

(48 Posts)
ShirleyPhallus Fri 20-Oct-17 21:43:00

A friend of mine put a stupid status up and I commented on it. Get this two seconds later.

Facebook users are so fucking ridiculous. How is this ANYTHING related to autism?!

"... Hehe You shouldn't have liked or commented on my last status hahaha. Now you have to pick from one of the below and post it as your status. This is the 2017 Autism Awareness game. Don't be a spoil sport. Pick your poison from one of these and post it as your status.

1. Just found a squirrel in my car!

2. Just agreed to a sexual favour to get out of a speeding ticket.

3. I've no clean pants for tomorrow, so just going to turn them inside out!

4. My haemorrhoids are playing up like crazy tonight!

5. I think I just accepted a marriage proposal online?!

6. I've decided to stop wearing underwear.

7. It's confirmed I'm going to be a mummy/daddy.

8. Just won a chance audition on Britain's got talent!

9. I've been accepted on the undateables!

10. I'm getting a pet monkey!

11. I just peed myself!

12. Really thinking about getting butt implants!

13. Just won £700 on a scratch card!!!

14. We're moving to Skegness at the end of the year!

15. Mayonnaise on honey nut shredded wheat is sooo good!

16. I've just been accepted on come dine with me whoop whoop.

Post with no explanations. Sorry, I fell for it too. Looking forward to your post. Ahhh don't ruin it. (Don't let the secret out). And remember it's all for the 2017 Autism Awareness. Have fun! 😂"

Ditsy1980 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:44:49

This has just pissed me off too.
Has absolutely nothing to do with autism or raising awarenessz angry

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 20-Oct-17 21:45:58

Meh. It's the modern version of those shitty chain letters that used to go around school. Block and ignore.

Polter Fri 20-Oct-17 21:47:17

I suppose it's a good way to filter your FB friends.

It makes absolutely no sense.

AntiHop Fri 20-Oct-17 21:47:42

That is stupid and pointless.

Smeaton Fri 20-Oct-17 21:47:44

Reply with a simple,
"Don't be a cunt"

Sorted.

kuniloofdooksa Fri 20-Oct-17 21:48:05

Yanbu

SpotAGuillemot Fri 20-Oct-17 21:48:08

Wtf does that have to do with autism awareness? Why not just post 'It's Autism Awareness week, please share'.

BeeFarseer Fri 20-Oct-17 21:48:08

These types of games are posted by people who are either extremely naive, or have failed to engage their one brain cell.

RaininSummer Fri 20-Oct-17 21:49:11

Ah did spot two of these stupid things tonight and suspected as much so ignored them.

Dizzybintess Fri 20-Oct-17 21:49:17

This pissed me off too

elevenclips Fri 20-Oct-17 21:49:45

Delete FB
It's always the answer

RaeSkywalker Fri 20-Oct-17 21:50:43

One of my friends has just posted the Come Dine With Me one. I’m genuinely surprised at her!

mumonashoestring Fri 20-Oct-17 21:51:11

Ugh, all of these stupid infantile time wasters piss me off to no end. Something I'm very vocal about on Facebook.

I don't tend to get sent them any more. I don't think the two things are unrelated grin

Spellcheck Fri 20-Oct-17 21:51:13

Cunts. Fucking disgraceful behaviour. This kind of idiocy crops up a lot, and it's not about raising awareness. It's attention-seeking bullshit.

PickAChew Fri 20-Oct-17 21:52:24

Fuck off wouldn't be disproportionate as a response.

ShirleyPhallus Fri 20-Oct-17 21:53:30

RaeSkywalker

I wonder if we have the same friend

She inboxed me with the message above and I responded with "sorry, I will be a killjoy. This is utterly pathetic, offensive and nothing to do with autism". Makes me really annoyed.

Especially the one about the undateables which often features people with autism.... but calls them undatable?! Really??

Flisspaps Fri 20-Oct-17 21:59:15

I’m waiting for one of my FB friends to post this - I’m autistic so I’ll be intrigued to know how they think they’re raising awareness.

Winebomb Fri 20-Oct-17 22:00:31

I hate Facebook viral charity shit. It smacks of people showing off and giving to charities for their own gain. Aka. Facebook likes.

However people's vanity have shown to be a great unintentional marketing tool to get people to donate to charity (no make up selfies..)

So I am torn, we give regularly to charity, I am about to do some very hands on charity work, outside working full time. I could post about it every second of the day.. but I am not doing it for those reasons!!

Redglitter Fri 20-Oct-17 22:03:21

Its the same as all the fb 'raising awareness' crap. How people think things like this or posting what colour of bra you're wearing or where you put your shoulder bag raises awareness of anything is beyond me.

Wolfiefan Fri 20-Oct-17 22:06:28

Caught me out. I didn't pass it on.
Want to increase awareness or educate someone about cancer or autism or animal rights then maybe post about the actual issue?!

RippleEffects Fri 20-Oct-17 22:12:42

Oh, penny drops. I have a friend who has done the butt plant one - really out of character.

I have a lot of friends with ASD in the family, Autistic DS myself but none of these are doing this that i'm aware of.

Crunchymum Fri 20-Oct-17 22:12:42

What status had your 'friend' picked?

ZerbaPadnaTigre Fri 20-Oct-17 22:16:36

Somebody I work with put the scratchcard one up. People at work kept coming up to her to congratulate her. Genuinely really pleased for her. Loads assuming she was going to take her kids on holiday with the money. £700 is a significant sum of money when you're part-time in a basically minimum wage job. It was really awkward when she kept having to say she hadn't actually won anything. Don't think she'll do it again.

zen1 Fri 20-Oct-17 22:18:29

Thank God I’m not on Facebook

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now