Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Colour B4 on and am nervous 😯

(40 Posts)
tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 13:55:49

Dyed my hair and it turned out black! At 47 I feel I'm far too old for it confirmed by a colleague saying "never mind it's Halloween soon" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
So I've slapped two bottles of this on and now stink of rotten eggs
I'm going to end up ginger I think
Tell me it'll be ok.....

FluffyNinja Fri 20-Oct-17 13:58:33

Yes, it might well leave it looking ginger depending on your natural colour. You will still need to recolour it afterwards but use a colour that's at least 1 shade lighter than you want it to be. It also needs to be an oxidising colour, so one that you mix with a developer.

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:00:29

It was reddish before so don't mind ginger too much depending on shade, what a bloody smell though
I'm having visions of having to pick up my hair from the bathroom floor!

PastysPrincess Fri 20-Oct-17 14:01:13

Sorry to tell you this but I did exactly the same thing a few years ago and it did come out ginger. I spent 3 years growing it out

Blackandpurple Fri 20-Oct-17 14:03:17

You near a training salon? Theyd love someone like you there. They would have stripped it for you and advise you on colour.

ArseholesOnToast Fri 20-Oct-17 14:04:30

I've used it and it just removes the dye. If the previous dye you used contained bleaching agents (they were in the dark red brown colour I used but I don't know about black dyes) then your hair will probably be a shade of that gingery blond colour you get when bleach hair but don't leave it on long enough for it to be fully bleached out - if that makes sense!

After I washed the Colour B4 off the crown of my head looked like it had been dipped in Caramac and the rest was a bit darker. Annoyingly quite a nice shade but too different from the crown so looked odd.

I slapped another dye on straight after and it was fine.

ArseholesOnToast Fri 20-Oct-17 14:06:53

Yes I remember the smell being horrendous!

Do the instructions still use the footballs in a swimming pool analogy to explain how the dye is removed?!

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:09:58

I'm laughing at the caramac hair πŸ˜‚Here's before pic, way too dark

Blackandpurple Fri 20-Oct-17 14:10:54

It looks ok on you!

Southbeach Fri 20-Oct-17 14:11:09

Before pic is lovely! Suits your eyes and skin tone a treat.

Msqueen33 Fri 20-Oct-17 14:12:17

You know we need an after pic too when you're done. But I think it looks good on you.

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:13:36

It was a mid red /brown before I just feel it washes me out this colour, unless I put fake tan on but then I'll just need some leopard print and red lippy to complete the look ! 😯

Heartofglass12345 Fri 20-Oct-17 14:13:56

I think it looked nice! I dye my hair blue/ black and i’m really pale so probably look like morticia πŸ˜‚ but i dont care lol

Venusflytwat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:14:02

I love that!

Yes it’ll probably go ginger. Just dye over it with a semi permanent for now, wait a couple of weeks and then do a permanent over the top.

I have grey hair that takes about 45 mind to cover properly. I have to use a box a couple of shades lighter than I want to end up as it seems to just keep darkening the longer it’s on.

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:14:23

Aww thank you, I'll do an after pic with caramac /cheese slice tones

Annamadrigal Fri 20-Oct-17 14:16:17

My friend did this and went peach. A lovely shade of peach, but peach nonetheless grin

ArseholesOnToast Fri 20-Oct-17 14:19:32

I just tried to find a photo of me with the Caramac hair but I think I must have deleted it out of shame πŸ˜‚

What are you planning to do once you've washed the Colour B4 off? Have you got another dye ready?

Looking forward to the after pic.

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:23:03

PEACH ??? Oh no lol I haven't got another dye ready but will decant Dh to sainsbury when he comes home if I'm not fit for public consumption

Chatoyant Fri 20-Oct-17 14:28:16

I did it a couple of weeks ago, I’ll see if I can find a pic but it was fine, slightly ginger tone but nothing obvbious

Chatoyant Fri 20-Oct-17 14:32:25

This was taken to show a friend the following day, it’s pretty close to my natural colour tbh. The smell hung around for about 3 days though

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:35:03

That quite a nice colour Chat, five minutes and I'm off to do the rinsing

tccat Fri 20-Oct-17 14:36:21

Mine doesn't seem to look that much lighter under the clingfilm even though I bought the nuclear strength

BabyOrSanta Fri 20-Oct-17 14:42:10

Oh yes, the smell... it seemed to take ages to wash out...

I used it and my roots were so bright I needed sunglasses and the rest was ginger smile

CuppaSarah Fri 20-Oct-17 15:01:54

It takes time and won't look different under the clingfilm. But it magically washes away in the shower

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now