Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

ASDA food delivery, are they having a laugh!

(17 Posts)
BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:30:12

I'd understand it more if it was just the one box!

WhoWants2Know Fri 20-Oct-17 10:31:09

Was it a substitution for a 15 pack of eggs?

BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:33:57

Nope I asked for three boxes of six

ArseholesOnToast Fri 20-Oct-17 10:34:02

Perhaps the driver fancied an omelette after they'd finished?

No, that is odd.

cjt110 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:34:32

I once ordered scotch eggs and they sent me 12 eggs instead. <misses point>

SandyDenny Fri 20-Oct-17 10:35:09

Don't they sell eggs in dozens ? (may be missing the point)

TeachesOfPeaches Fri 20-Oct-17 10:36:33

Asda is the worst delivery service. They offer the most ludicrous substitutions. Never again.

KH369 Fri 20-Oct-17 10:37:22

Oh my days, thats funny. I once ordered 2 bisto beef gravy granules and 1 lamb gravy granules - didn't have the lamb so subbed it with a giant size beef gravy one! the logic in that I'll never get when they know i have already ordered 2 of them! Was having gravy with every meal for weeks!

RapunzelsRealMom Fri 20-Oct-17 10:50:39

Asda are horrific for delivery damage and ridiculous substitutions (and don’t get me started on the click and collect service), but, to be fair, they are good at refunding these items. Just call them

Of course, you still don’t have all the eggs you need...

sueelleker Fri 20-Oct-17 11:07:58

I gave up on Asda after they cancelled a whole order 3 days before Xmas. Admittedly the weather was very bad, but they didn't even bother to notify me. I had to ring them to find out what had happened.

WhereIsThisGoing Fri 20-Oct-17 11:09:02

We use the Click & Collect every week and I always look forward to the email detailing my substitutions (last week's bag of peanuts instead of peanut butter was such a great substitution wink), but at least they are easy to reject. Of course then you have to go find it somewhere else...

BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:02:40

Maybe I should just give up on asda. Last week they substituted calamari with some strange little lamb pasties.

iwouldgoouttonight Fri 20-Oct-17 12:31:15

I just used Adsa online delivery for the first time. Ten substitutions and three things completely out of stock. They were all fairly basic things as well.

So disappointing as I'd used Sainsbury's for years and was really pleased with their service but we just can't afford it any more. Asda is substantially cheaper but then I guess you get what you pay for.

Everyone suggests Aldi/Lidl as we're on a tight budget but the thought of going back to having to try to fit in a supermarket trip every week fills me with dread. And when I have been in they've been really hit and miss with whether they have the things I want.

Walnutwhiplash Fri 20-Oct-17 12:32:03

Shrinkflation?

DaisysStew Fri 20-Oct-17 12:40:30

Asda deliveries are bloody ridiculous. I had one where I've picked up a bag and all this slime was dripping out. Looked inside and my eggs were destroyed.

So there's me, holding out a soaking wet, dripping box of eggs to the driver. "Yeah, obviously I don't want these, can you take them back?" Driver looks at me with egg dripping down my arm "Why, what's wrong with them?" hmm

Call/Email them to complain. It's a weird one though- have the boxing factory messed up or is there a rogue, egg stealing Asda picker?

Graphista Fri 20-Oct-17 12:45:03

Asda - horrendous online service. Ridiculous subs, always far too many (I'd over 20 in one order and was questioned as if I was unreasonable for complaining), late deliveries, with frozen food defrosting, etc etc will never use them again.

I use sainsbury now much better, and when I compared pricing, not that much more expensive.

Iamtheresurrection Fri 20-Oct-17 14:03:04

It's coming up to Halloween so maybe kids are stealing them. I once seen kids stealing single toilet rolls from the big multipacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now