Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why are the DM hounding Judy Finnigan?

(65 Posts)
OhWhatNowEarl Fri 20-Oct-17 04:36:08

I love Richard & Judy, have since the This Morning days

Why on earth are the daily mail doing so many sarky pieces on her?

Seems like a vendetta to me

Nasty nasty paper

graziemille Fri 20-Oct-17 04:46:28

The Daily Fail is awful to her. Constantly insulting her appearance. I really feel for her.
Hats off to her for continuing to be herself and not hiding in her home crying her eyes out how the media portrays her.

FindoGask Fri 20-Oct-17 05:04:57

They seem to hate her because she has the temerity to be a woman who is no longer young nor beautiful and yet is still in the public eye.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 20-Oct-17 06:22:26

They don't like any woman with her own mind and/or some intelligence. Really hope Judy can shrug it all off.

Sarahjconnor Fri 20-Oct-17 06:28:09

Usually when the DM does a cluster of non-stories it's because they have been stopped (by an injunction or other legal route) from telling another bigger story. E.g. When Ryan Giggs was having an affair with his sister in law and got an injunction they printed stories about him picking his kids up, having lunch etc etc. They do it all the time. She might be ill, some scandal or something involving her kids - whatever. They should just leave her alone.

SavageBeauty73 Fri 20-Oct-17 06:44:06

Daily Filth.

They are so mean to her.

KERALA1 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:05:16

Majority of the comments supportive and critical of the daily mail - losing their audience too unkind even for mail commentators

CoolCarrie Fri 20-Oct-17 07:05:30

Daily Fail are a bunch of shits, they hound someone because they get the whiff of a story, they are totally without any shame, just like most of the press.

The80sweregreat Fri 20-Oct-17 07:06:41

She's always had a hard time from the Fail and other trashy magazines. they really do not like her.
Maybe she is more a Guardian reader! they should leave her alone though.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 20-Oct-17 07:07:12

What Findo said. Successful, older woman who doesn't play by their rules-look at anyone who refuses to dance to their tune-vendetta. It's been going on for a while.

QueenLaBeefah Fri 20-Oct-17 07:07:32

The Daily Mail are fuckers. They're in a huff that a 69yr old woman has the temerity to not look like she did 20yrs ago.

papersmile Fri 20-Oct-17 07:07:47

Popbitch did a 'what to look for' in the news when there's been an injunction. When there was an injunction about a married man who had had a threesome in a olive oil filled paddling pool (I can't remember whether this is still going), there were lots of stories on DM about this man, his partner and children.

I agree with Sarah that there might be an injunction preventing them from printing another story. DM does refer to her weight and hair a lot which is really odd. She doesn't look particularly well and I'm sure being papped every time she steps outside the door doesn't help.

howthelightgetsin Fri 20-Oct-17 07:11:15

I assumed injunction too. But can’t imagine what... surely if it was something about Richard or Chloe they’d be running non stories on them but it’s solely on Judy.

hippyhippyshake Fri 20-Oct-17 07:15:31

Love Judy. Used to think we could be best mates, she was always laughing at daft stuff😄

Seti Fri 20-Oct-17 07:18:55

They often make not very subtle hints about what it is.

They are utter cunts.

Bluntness100 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:20:10

I agree also, there is something they wish to publish and can’t or can’t yet. I also imagine people click on thr articles to have a look, so if there is a demand, they will publish.

papersmile Fri 20-Oct-17 07:20:37

They must be quite subtle because we haven't worked it out...

I agree with your second point Seti.

fairyofallthings Fri 20-Oct-17 07:23:11

Because, IMO, the DM come across as being a bunch of shit stirring, racist, homophobic, misogynists bullies.

Petalflowers Fri 20-Oct-17 07:24:39

On a programme about a paparazzi, the pap got a friend to give her a bottle of wine in a park, took photos, and then implied in the magazine that she had a drinking problem. All the public saw were her holding a bottle of wine in a park., not what she thought , ie. A fan giving her some wine.

FlowerPot1234 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:28:23

Because nasty articles that cause outrage result in more traffic to the site which means more advertising revenue.

Because their online journalists are the dregs of the media.

Because Judy Finnegan has more intelligence and character in the ends of her hair than any number of the fake breasted bimbos pasted all over the title every single day put together. The idiots there literally cannot bear that she has not had plastic surgery, that she has not come running to them to do a money generating piece on her troubles, that she is not conforming.

Go Judy.

Bluntness100 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:28:50

They must be quite subtle because we haven't worked it out.

Well, no but the rumours have been rife for a very long time and always in the same ilk, since her good morning days and their hints are hugely quite huge it’s all Judy enjoys a glass of wine, Judy falls asleep over s glass of wine . I think they should just leave her alone.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 20-Oct-17 07:29:45

Yes they always seem to emphasise if she's been drinking wine at an outside restaurant. Like to insinuate she's holding richards hand because She's unsteady on her feet

DollyParsnip Fri 20-Oct-17 07:30:57

The DM have been going for Richard Madeley a lot lately too and they positively hate their daughter. Have the Finnegan / Madeley's ever sued them or something as they are always negative about them wherever possible.

Mummyoflittledragon Fri 20-Oct-17 07:33:40

I don’t read the daily fail. Just read a couple of articles. Apparently she’s “flaunt(ing) her slimmer figure” in straight legged black trousers, a baggy top and a wool coat just above the knee. Whereas Richard “rocked a casual look” in more fitted clothes including jeans, where we can see which side he wears himself. Wtf.

CoolCarrie Fri 20-Oct-17 07:39:45

i don't think it's a drink problem, it's a health issue. As pp have said Richard and Judy were always entertaining on This Morning, they made a great team, much better than the giggling twits on the show now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now