Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What have I just seen? Always Discreet Boutique or sommat

(16 Posts)
Flumpkin Thu 19-Oct-17 21:36:07

WTF?

OstentatiousWanking Thu 19-Oct-17 21:59:34

Are they the pretty paper knickers? They are so ugly.

AngeloMysterioso Thu 19-Oct-17 22:17:41

Literally came on to post about this. Just saw it and it gave me rage. What the hell were they thinking?!

Flumpkin Thu 19-Oct-17 22:34:44

The glamorous sophisticated woman packaging is utterly hilarious. They are nappies, ffs.

chantico Thu 19-Oct-17 22:42:19

Yes, a product for adult incontinence.

I n see why some might find them preferable to pads.

shouldnthavesaid Thu 19-Oct-17 22:47:08

I don't see the problem with them to be honest. I have worked with young people with incontinence - girls aged 19, 20 etc with injury or damage to their spinal cord , or MS, epilepsy. I can see these being a nicer option rather than something so clinical and nappy like! I'm actually quite glad to see something like this. Allows for people to maybe feel a little bit more dignified.

Flumpkin Thu 19-Oct-17 22:51:48

I’m sure there is a market for them. It’s the advert and the marketing I’m sniggering at.

WinnieTheW0rm Thu 19-Oct-17 22:59:58

Do you snigger at the full range?

Or just those that don't fit your idea of what inco products should be like?

Flumpkin Thu 19-Oct-17 23:05:05

I’m just quite childish, generally. It is funny.

BishopBrennansArse Thu 19-Oct-17 23:11:19

They’re so not pretty, though

BoldKitties Thu 19-Oct-17 23:20:16

Soooo funny. I mean, what's not hilarious about being a woman with continence issues. Laugh it up. How hilarious. I rotfl every time I piss myself. It's due to other health issues, but tee hee hee, how funny.

Yes, you are childish. And unplesant.

My Nan is 90 and wearing nappies constantly. You must find that really fucking hilarious hmm.

shouldnthavesaid Thu 19-Oct-17 23:32:10

In what way is it at all funny? I'd just be glad the product isn't aimed at you - incontinence is fucking awful all round. There's very little understanding of it in the general public. If women want to be able to wear nicer looking products that don't look like a nappy then why the hell not? About time nicer options were available - there are many , many people of all ages with urinary incontinence.

washingmachinefastwash Thu 19-Oct-17 23:37:54

I think they are a million times better than what’s readily available on the market.

No one wants to be incontinent and I think a wider choice and better design is what’s needed.

AngeloMysterioso Fri 20-Oct-17 02:57:35

I’m not at all offended by the product, I think it’s a good idea- it’s the advert
I couldn’t stand, with that woman wanging on about being pretty- because we all know that’s our priority in life don’t we?!

Flumpkin Fri 20-Oct-17 07:16:55

Why do people post without reading what I’ve said? I’m not laughing at the product or the problem it’s trying to solve. I may need it myself one day. I’m laughing at the tacky, OTT advert which is all about a woman showing off her pretty pants as if she’s about to strut down a catwalk in them. It’s like something from the 70s.

Anyway forget it, I was just being lighthearted, taking the piss out of an ad (clumsy pub, sorry!). Angelo, you got it though grin

HulaMelody Fri 20-Oct-17 08:47:05

Shouldnthavesaid I wonder if they actually consulted with younger women about the design and patterns - they still seem very 'mature' despite the branding.
Give them a bit of leopard print or something fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now