Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tonsillitis but what is this noise!

(11 Posts)
PandorasXbox Wed 18-Oct-17 23:03:52

Sorry for the whinge but I’m desperate here. Had tonsillitis for a few days, prescribed AB for 10 days. My uvula is SO swollen as well as tonsils full of infection.

The problem is there’s a weird noise coming from my mouth almost like a snore every time I drop off to sleep. I feel like crying. I’ve not slept in 48 hours properly apart from 10 mins here and there.

It’s like a weird vibrating noise. I’ve tried sleeping sitting up, with my head right back etc but nothing works.

Anybody got any idea how to stop it.

Please sad

MaidOfStars Wed 18-Oct-17 23:17:13

I presume it's swollen tissue vibrating unusually. It may not go until your tonsils/uvula get smaller again.

Why is it keeping you awake? Genuine question: many people sleep snoring/vibrating/etc. Is it too loud or are you anxious about stopping breathing/similar?

PandorasXbox Wed 18-Oct-17 23:20:27

Thanks Maid. The noise is so loud, so when I’m drifting off it wakes me up, so I’m never getting into a deep sleep. Just feel really rubbish.

PandorasXbox Wed 18-Oct-17 23:36:11

Took a decongestant and a Kalm. Frigging desperate measures here.

MaidOfStars Thu 19-Oct-17 08:07:33

Have you tried sucking ice (or deepthroating lollies) to reduce the swelling?

PandorasXbox Thu 19-Oct-17 09:17:23

Yes have been having ice lollies frequently thanks. Don’t think it’s done anything but the coldness is soothing.

PandorasXbox Thu 19-Oct-17 09:18:20

Had to laugh at deepthroating an ice lolly grin

MaidOfStars Thu 19-Oct-17 09:33:57

The longer the better wink

Kaykee Thu 19-Oct-17 10:19:10

Ibuprofen to help swelling and difflam spray will numb you up but I get the same with tonsillitis, can hardly breathe and snore like a pig it’s awful
Hope you feel better soon x

PandorasXbox Thu 19-Oct-17 10:27:56

Thanks Kaykee, I’ve got the difflam mouth rinse and a chloraseptic throat spray, to be honest they aren’t really helping sadly. Just hoping the AB will start to work soon! Can’t take Codiene as it affects my stomach.

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Thu 19-Oct-17 10:30:52

It's a stridor. It's like a reverse wheeze. DD1 had one as a baby, she grew out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now