Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What do you think to people that post on Facebook loads when they are on Holiday?

(110 Posts)
LardLizard Wed 18-Oct-17 22:02:06

During the actual time they are there ?

CakeNinja Wed 18-Oct-17 22:04:12

I think, "that looks lovely," usually. If they're somewhere that I deem to be a bit grotty, I think, "glad I'm not there!"

lionsleepstonight Wed 18-Oct-17 22:05:36

Do they want to get burgled? Is generally my first thought.

PrincessoftheSea Wed 18-Oct-17 22:07:18

I love holiday pics

user1471459936 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:08:10

I think that they can't be having much fun.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Wed 18-Oct-17 22:09:09

Usually, “wow, looks fab”

MaisyPops Wed 18-Oct-17 22:09:25

If theu are away abd someone is at home then I just think 'lovely'.

If they are posting every 10 minutes an instagram staged shot of cocktails etc I think they must be bored or seeking validation.

If they are away ahd home is empty then I think they are foolish.

willothewisp17 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:10:06

jealous 😂 me that is

Hulababy Wed 18-Oct-17 22:13:37

I post when on holiday, mainly photos - tend to be in one album and shared with teen Dd.m, as that's how she stores photos much of the time. No issues re burglars - my social media is fairly private, and only my closet friends and family would know my address. I also have a burglar alarm, leave lighting set and there's always a car in the drive. And often there's someone who will do a cursory check too - neighbours.
On many holidays we have a fair bit of relaxing, doing nothing time. So I sometimes mix between reading, puzzles/colouring, on phone/iPad etc. It depends on type of holiday as to how much time is free really. Sometimes it's just whilst waiting for others to get ready, other times it's whilst sitting round the villa pool, or whilst waiting in a theme park queue, etc.

So what do I think of friends that post? I think 'looks like they're having an nice chilled holiday; weather looks nice; oh that restaurant/view/place looks good' type comments.

ItsLeviosah Wed 18-Oct-17 22:17:33

Normal photos I’m happy to see

Staged poses make me wanna vom

Ie the most common shot of all- a behind photo of you walking into the sea as though you didn’t know the photo was being taken when really you’ve just made your husband take 100 photos of you walking into the sea so there will be at least one where you don’t like fat.

jollyjester Wed 18-Oct-17 22:19:38

I'm with you lion

"Let's alert everyone that our house is empty so we can be burgled"

Wait until you get home.

Is it right that insurance won't pay out if you've posted on social media that you're away and you get burgled?

Hulababy Wed 18-Oct-17 22:24:52

Jolly jester - I'm sure some insurance companies have tried it in the past but never got far iirr; they've paid out.

loveablether Wed 18-Oct-17 22:25:02

I personally am in the 'be in the moment' and 'wait till I'm home - in the 'don't want to get house broken into' gang but I also think you wait months to get away and to be away so why the fuck do you want to spend all day taking pics, editing, and posting them and waiting to get likes then like and comment then 'oh I'm got a swanky fucking cocktail I simply must show the whole of Facebook what a awesome time we're having'. ..and wait ...let's tell everyone what AWESOME FUCKING WEATHER WE'RE HAVING...aaarrrgghhh (I didn't get abroad this year. Can you tell?)

Nicknacky Wed 18-Oct-17 22:25:20

But someone could be staying in your house when you are away so that means nothing. Doubt insurance companies could fail to pay out because you posted on your private fb.

KoolKoala07 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:27:06

I think it's sad. They are there 'having such an amazing time' but all they can think to do is put in on Facebook. hmm
How about put the phone down and live in the moment.

busyboysmum Wed 18-Oct-17 22:27:11

I don't mind it. Only takes a second to take and post a pic and I like to see what my friends are up to.

Also good to get ideas of where looks nice to go myself.

deste Wed 18-Oct-17 22:27:14

I just think, “thanks for letting everyone know, your house is probably empty”.

TizzyDongue Wed 18-Oct-17 22:28:32

Don't think anyone in my Facebook friends would rob my house. Not that I've tested it as I've not had a holiday in forever.

Usually I feel envious when others post pictures (see above!).

Nicknacky Wed 18-Oct-17 22:30:13

I also don't see the issue with using your phone on holiday and why some people assume you can't be having fun. I'm just back from Florida and found time to scroll mn and fb everyday!

ALemonyPea Wed 18-Oct-17 22:31:02

Once a day, fine by me, frequently throughout the day, stop pudding about on your phone and enjoy your holiday!

Why would people be worried about posting they’re on holiday in case they’re burgled? Do you rate your friends that highly that you think they’d burgle you? Most people have security settings on fb so only friends can see what they post anyway.

PrincessoftheSea Wed 18-Oct-17 22:31:14

Who are you friends with on facebook if you think they might come and steal from you while you are on holiday?

Caulk Wed 18-Oct-17 22:32:00

I think about the burglary too. I’ve read cases of the insurers not paying out as people had basically said their home would be empty but I don’t know how common it is for that to happen

notacooldad Wed 18-Oct-17 22:32:17

I love seeing most things from other people.
I love holiday pictures, food, gigs, sports and pets best. I'm not so keen on other people's children doing something 'hilarious'!

I don't think about the burglary issue. There's usually a couple of other people in our house when we away.

GummyGoddess Wed 18-Oct-17 22:32:39

I assume they have nothing better to do and are therefore bored.

Jogel Wed 18-Oct-17 22:33:51

I do like pics of famous landmarks in places I've never had the chance to go to. Running commentaries of resort holidays where every day is the same are tedious, especially when the poster comes home and continues to post 'Can't believe this was last week' etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now