Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Expecting a refund for cancelled event

(5 Posts)
reallynearlythere Wed 18-Oct-17 19:48:28

Found out today that because of the threat of bad weather, an event family and I are booked to attend at the weekend has been postponed. Fully understand the need for safety to come first, however, gobsmacked to now see in their T & C, (yes I know i should have read them first) that we will lose all the money if we cannot attend the re-arranged event. With ten of us going, and some travelling long distances, it will be certain that at least one will be unable to attend. At £45 a pop, this is a nice earner for the organisers. AIBU in expecting them to offer a refund?

wrenika Wed 18-Oct-17 20:04:02

I thought this was the norm? But I don't buy a lot of tickets, I must admit. My understanding is that if they cancel completely, then you should get a refund, but since it has been rescheduled, then you aren't eligible for a refund.

Bubblebubblepop Wed 18-Oct-17 20:05:37

They've already paid out most of the costs for an event that won't take place so how is it a nice little earner for them? The postponement / replacement just goes down the supply chain

reallynearlythere Wed 18-Oct-17 20:21:19

Shouldn't they have bad weather insurance. Cannot think of another event I have been to where they haven't offered refunds for cancelled events.

Bubblebubblepop Wed 18-Oct-17 20:22:30

Is standard to reschedule an event - it's not cancelled

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now