Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

When your day takes a really unexpected turn

(16 Posts)
BeachyKeen Wed 18-Oct-17 16:29:17

We live in the upstairs flat, lower one became available, and we have been asked to show it to potential renters, as the landlord lives hours away.
Saw it briefly, loved it, but the rent is higher as it is larger. It has 2 floors vs our 1, and has a large outdoor space.

Went to take out the garbage this morning, and bumped into landlord as they were in town to do some maintenance . They asked if I was interested in swapping units, said I'd love to but we are saving up and I don't want to spend more money.
They said they would be willing to keep the rent the same!
So, I went back in and let dh and d's know that we are moving in three weeks!

Now part of me is doing the happy dance because we will have a bigger , nicer place and part is wondering how I'm going to manage that with DH going back to sea next week.
I do tend to jump into things super fast.

Anyone else like this, where you just see a chance and jump on it?

mogloveseggs Wed 18-Oct-17 16:30:58

That's amazing congrats!

SingingSeuss Wed 18-Oct-17 16:32:50

Congratulations. Enjoy it!

Rainallday Wed 18-Oct-17 16:33:59

That sounds amazing well done! And yes I try to take good opportunities when I see them and worry about it at my leisure. From experience though I've always been really glad when I've gone for something it's usually worked out for the best. Sounds like you've made a good call there. Were your dh and ds surprised?!

GoingRogue Wed 18-Oct-17 16:36:39

Great story! You must be brilliant tenants smile Happy moving!

LavenderLemons Wed 18-Oct-17 16:44:35

Good for you that you grabbed this opportunity with both hands! It may be a bit of hassle moving with DH away but I bet you won't regret being impulsive when you're eventually sitting in your lovely new home.

BeachyKeen Wed 18-Oct-17 16:45:40

Dh is happy because he had been pestering /dropping hints about how much nicer it is, and I had to keep saying 'No, we are saving to buy'. DS was fine once he got to look around it, and found out he'd have the entire lower floor in the basement to himself.

I think it will be fine, it's just a lot of faff and shit to deal with on my own while he is away (changing over insurance, utilities, the actual moving).
But I'm goìng to have a while room for working on my sea glass projects!
Shameless show off coming....look what I made this week

wobblywonderwoman Wed 18-Oct-17 16:48:47

That is lovely op. Well you obviously deserve it. Art work beautiful

youarenotkiddingme Wed 18-Oct-17 17:41:52

Fantastic news!

Sometimes it's easier to rent out a top floor flat because professional couples/adults prefer not having kids running above their heads!

chickenowner Wed 18-Oct-17 17:43:15

That's excellent, and how exciting!

smile

Nothing exciting has happened to me today though...

graceadlerdesigns Wed 18-Oct-17 17:48:40

I love the art work - you said it was sea glass. I might be a bit thick but is the glass that washed ashore? And how did you make it.

Anyway- totally distressing! Excellent way to seize the day op. You never know what lifehas in store. I went to my docs for what I thought was toenail infection and have been referred for suspected melanoma! You never know what's round the corner so if something good cones your way grab it with both hands! smile

graceadlerdesigns Wed 18-Oct-17 17:52:44

This happened to me on Monday btw... today has been quite dull !

BeachyKeen Wed 18-Oct-17 18:03:57

Grace, I hope things are going to get better soon, and anything is caught early!
I go hunt seaglass at the beach most days, and then sort and grade it and then make all sorts of art and decor stuff.
I find it really soothing

Rainallday Wed 18-Oct-17 18:49:59

Where in the UK is good for sea glass? I love the coast and would like this as a hobby but have never noticed any sea glass may need new glasses.

BeachyKeen Wed 18-Oct-17 18:57:46

I'm not sure, I am in Nova Scotia Canada, and have only got to go glassing here so far.

BeachyKeen Wed 18-Oct-17 21:38:51

I made this to say hi to you guys whenibwas at the beach today😊 it says "hi mn"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now