Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Is it too early for a 'what's for tea/dinner/supper' thread?

(103 Posts)
maddiemookins16mum Wed 18-Oct-17 15:21:37

I was going to do Toad in the hole/sausage toad (😆😆) but we've had it twice in the last couple of weeks. So am taking the meat out of the sausages (naice ones fron t'butcher) and making kind of mini meatballs in a veggie/tomato/chilli sauce with pasta with grated cheese for the top).
I also have an apple and blackberry crumble tart and custard. Only doing pudding because DD has a friend for tea and I like to (show off) do a pudding and DD is always well impressed.
Disclaimer: the tart cost £1.10 in Tesco and the custard is out of a tin.

Littlemissindependent Wed 18-Oct-17 15:26:34

Salmon, potatoes & veg. What I really want is beef stew and dumplings, followed by banana crumble and custard. Meh.

cjt110 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:26:36

We're having beef goulash with mash. Goulash made in the slow cooker so it's all ready when I get home. I'll ask DH to make the mash

doradoo Wed 18-Oct-17 15:30:41

I've got some oxtail which I'm going to haves go with in the IP - the kids are making their own pizzas - DS2 has just made the dough for the bases.

Lotsawobblybits Wed 18-Oct-17 15:32:05

All-in-one spicy pork and rice from the Hairy Bikers diet book- with loads of salad.

What I really really fancy macaroni cheese with bacon followed by chocolate brownies & ice cream but that isn't really on the healthy eating check list. humph!

Katedotness1963 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:34:36

Chicken and roasties, and some kind of, as yet undecided, veg. Maybe carrots, everyone eats those, and peas.

smileygrapefruit Wed 18-Oct-17 15:37:22

I'm doing beef massaman curry... I'm really excited to cook and eat tonight!

OhHolyFuck Wed 18-Oct-17 15:40:08

Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and broccoli

Natsku Wed 18-Oct-17 15:53:04

OH is cooking macaroni casserole.

FGSholdthedoor Wed 18-Oct-17 15:57:09

My weird (made up) version of cottage pie made with the very enthusiastic help of DS (2.5) who insisted on putting all the ingredients in himself grin

I bulked the meat out with a little bit of mushroom, it's got onions, peas, canned tomatoes and lots of spices and fresh thyme, currently simmering away.

Will top it with sweet potato mash and cheese before it goes in the oven.

Should last for 2 days (hopefully as I'm lazy) if DP doesn't scoff it all down as he seems to love it.

anyoldname76 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:59:59

ive got a lamb casserole with dumplings in the slow cooker, it smells divine

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 18-Oct-17 16:00:02

Jacket potatoes.baked salmon.roasted mushrooms.squash and asparagus

bookbook Wed 18-Oct-17 16:00:46

My DH is doing the humungous batch cook of Bolognese sauce this afternoon, so I will be taste tasting tonight smile

bookbook Wed 18-Oct-17 16:01:17

taste testing !

littlemissneela Wed 18-Oct-17 16:10:54

I took some turkey steaks out of the freezer with no idea what to do with them. I am now going to make Cajun spiced steaks with a pineapple salsa which I found here

LapinR0se Wed 18-Oct-17 16:12:41

Spahn Bol with every piece of veg I could find in the fridge hidden in it

outofmymind26 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:12:48

Chilli con carne tonight, DP will have his with a jacket & me & boys will have ours with nachos. Yummy! It's all cooked ready for when I finish work

GoingRogue Wed 18-Oct-17 16:15:25

Was meant to be sausage, mash and Yorkshires...but ds1 has had a roast at school today so just wants a sandwich, ds2 wants pasta...and I feel sick so am more than happy with fulfilling their easy wishes!

PinkHeart5914 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:16:11

Steak, Chips and salad for me & Dh

My babies will have veg chilli & rice with broccoli

MrsPear Wed 18-Oct-17 16:19:15

Chilli - hairy bikers diet book - and rice
Apple muffins for afters

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 18-Oct-17 16:19:55

I'm on my own tonight - DH is on nights and DS is on a photography residential. I'm having a smoked haddock risotto ready meal from Tesco and garlic bread grin

CryHavoc Wed 18-Oct-17 16:23:21

Chicken and mushroom stroganoff. Rice for me, and pasta for the other two.

DragonboysMum Wed 18-Oct-17 16:23:25

Beef stew loaded with veg and crusty bread with loads of butter.

tigercub50 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:23:30

No idea! We are moving so need to start emptying the freezer but although it’s full, there really doesn’t seem much to actually eat if that makes sense! Might do pasta. Is pesto ok if it’s been open just over 2 weeks?

CiderwithBuda Wed 18-Oct-17 16:23:48

Don't know. DH is away so it's just me and DS. Was going to do him pasta carbonara but apparently he had that at lunch at school. He is currently running on the treadmill thinking about what he would like. I've offered pasta bolognaise as have some Ragu in the freezer, or fish and chips or pizza delivery. None of which are in my healthy eating plan!

I have made soup so we may have that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now