Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How can I store my expensive bike in the backyard?

(9 Posts)
DiamondTears Wed 18-Oct-17 11:17:19

Currently stored in the house but we will be redoing the hallway and adding a door through the to the living room so the space where the bike lives will be gone. Which means I need to store it outside as there is no way I can have it indoors.

I live in a fairly high crime rate area. Have had all sorts stolen from my backyard- kids toys, washing line, picnic table umbrella etc.

So I need something that is burglar proof and give me piece of mind knowing that it's safe.

Any ideas welcome.

MissWilmottsGhost Wed 18-Oct-17 11:22:10

www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage

Pricey, but if you have an expensive bike it might be worth it. DH got one for our bikes after thieves destroyed our wooden shed.

PinkHeart5914 Wed 18-Oct-17 11:22:21

if you’ve got a garden gate make sure it’s secured with a decent bolt/padlock, get a security light put up and then chain the bike up in the garden?

DiamondTears Wed 18-Oct-17 11:24:56

Wow. It is expensive! But I guess it will be ££ to be burglar proof and worth it than to have a bike stolen. Thanks!

Silverthorn Wed 18-Oct-17 11:26:34

Can you hang the bike in the hallway? Or I second getting an Asgard shelter. No matter how many padlocks you put on the gate someone can climb over easily. Also bike would rust left outside.

Ifailed Wed 18-Oct-17 11:30:21

get an anchor like this www.evanscycles.com/squire-bwa1-wall-anchor-EV161369, then use a security cable going through both wheels and then onto a lock that attaches to the anchor. Remove all lights etc, and finally get a cheap cover to keep the rain off and make it less visible.

katymac Wed 18-Oct-17 11:31:49

I need something too but as I have an electric bike, and it's bigger so I am struggling

DiamondTears Wed 18-Oct-17 12:08:43

Thanks I think the asgard sheds are the best thing for us. Can't leave it out chained or anything. It would be nicked in no time.

ratspeaker Wed 18-Oct-17 12:31:09

Id check your insurance to see if it covers anything outside your actual house. DS's bike was stolen when he lived here but as it was chained to the railings and not inthe house it wasnt covered. We've since changed our policy to include bikes away from home.

Thieves often come with bolt cutters.

If you buy a bike store see if you can fit an alarm. DS now has a metal shed with an alarm out at his

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now