Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Post redundancy career change success stories?

(4 Posts)
BillyAndTheSillies Tue 17-Oct-17 19:08:25

Currently going through a consultation at work after redundancy announcements.

It’s only been 6 months since I went back to work after redundancy and I’ve been offered a package that will enable me to take a big risk and totally change my career. Hopefully meaning I’ll be able to spend more time with DS and stop commuting in to central london.

But, I’m scared! Excited but scared! To try and keep my spirits up, I would love to hear some success stories of career changes after redundancy.

I’ve got full support from DH and our families, I think I just need that final push!

tygr Tue 17-Oct-17 20:17:53

Moved to Wales from London, did another degree and have a job in a new field with a pay cut but have made massive lifestyle changes to work part time so financially worse off but happier definitely.

Nothing is impossible (unless you now want to be an astronaut). Good luck!!

BillyAndTheSillies Tue 17-Oct-17 22:16:26

Sounds great, and a big change!!

Definitely don’t want to be an astronaut but setting off to start my own business from scratch and just a bit nervous really.

chanie44 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:37:32

I work in HR and I occasionally hear second hand what some of our previous staff are up to. There are some emerging themes:

1. Life doesn't always go as planned, but you will find a new normality.

2. Redundancy forces you back into the real world and whilst scary, there are opportunities.

3. Staff move on., don't dwell on the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now