Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

3 things that make you feel good or are grateful for today

(57 Posts)
cjt110 Tue 17-Oct-17 11:53:26

What are yours today?

Mine are:

1.That I can see the sun shining and lovely, multicoloured leaves being blown around on the trees;

2. That I managed to get a full 9 hours sleep last night; and

3. That my tea will be ready when I get home tonight after my run. My slow cooker is awesome.

TortiousTortoise Tue 17-Oct-17 14:56:50

Good idea for a thread smile

Mine are:

1. I woke up this morning, which is pretty awesome.

2. I have everything I need and lots of the things I want (possibly too many!).

3. The sun is shining and bright.

abitoflight Tue 17-Oct-17 14:59:08

1 beautiful sunshine
2 just heating yummy lunch leftovers at work
3 flying off on hols tomorrow smile

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Tue 17-Oct-17 15:00:07

1. I helped out with a school trip this morning and was struck once again by how incredibly kind, patient and dedicated the teachers are.
2. A lovely MNer has sent me some alpaca to crochet and it is gorgeous.
3. Dh and dd are coming back from a weekend in Venice and we are very lucky we can afford for them to just go like that.

mamakoukla Tue 17-Oct-17 15:04:42

1 the beautiful crisp morning, with a fresh breeze and brilliant sun
2 being made redundant; the office politics and games made what was a fun and challenging job turn into soul sucking
3 being able to take time to ask “what next?”

Fadingmemory Tue 17-Oct-17 15:05:00

DD and I both have a free day so we made a key lime pie together. Favourite dessert, favourite person.
No worries today, a huge bonus
Sorted my tax return

NearLifeExperience Tue 17-Oct-17 15:12:23

* Dismantled some of my manky kitchen to make way for antique dresser arriving tomorrow. Feel all practical and capable!
* Have had a fair sized financial windfall (will pay for Christmas at least).
* Have antique dresser arriving tomorrow!

whitehorsesdonotlie Tue 17-Oct-17 15:16:18

1. That I have a job I love.
2. That I am lucky to have lovely clients who pay me quickly and are nice.
3. That the sky is not weird and yellow any more!

BlooBagoo Tue 17-Oct-17 15:16:49

I've had an awful day so thanks for this as it's made me really think about the good things instead of focusing on the bad.

1. DH has the day off work so has done the housework and dinner prep so I could have some me time.

2. Had a good heart to heart over coffee with a friend.

3. Had a nice long relaxing bath with a book, only thing missing was a glass of wine but I might partake this evening.

ememem84 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:19:24

The sun is shining.
I’m on maternity leave with 3 week old ds and we went for a walk.
I had a couple whole pack of Jammy dodgers.

marcopront Tue 17-Oct-17 15:26:42

I didn’t have loose stools today.

I found clothes in a normal shop that fit me.

We didn’t have a long wait to get a second rickshaw after our first one had a flat tire on the highway.

beepbeeprichie Tue 17-Oct-17 15:40:39

Lovely thread;
1) Went out to the supermarket with the baby and sang along to all my music on the way home. Usually if DD is there we have to listen to nursery rhymes grin
2) Had a lovely cup of tea out of a Halloween mug.
3) The sky is blue here and the leaves are golden. It's so uplifting. Might go for a walk with the pram after my tea.

LBOCS2 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:41:14

- 4yo DD1 woke up in a fantastic mood and actually skipped all the way to school this morning. It started the day really nicely and I’m so pleased that she has engaged so well with school. She’s learning so much and it’s lovely to see her with all her new friends.

- I got back to the car 20 minutes late and the ticket inspector was taking photographs of it to give me a ticket - but when he spotted me jogging back he stopped what he was doing, deleted the photos and told me to have a nice day.

- I’ve started my Christmas shopping. I’m grateful that I’m in a financial position to do this, and I love Christmas so it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Bloodybridget Tue 17-Oct-17 15:44:44

I went to Lidl and it wasn't busy.
I moved a plant from a nasty plastic pot to a lovely one.
Choir rehearsal tonight!

PinkHeart5914 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:48:50

I’ve got chocolate cheesecake

My babies are playing kitchens together nicely 😍

I have a rabbit on my lap

beachcomber243 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:52:45

I actually had a decent nights sleep. Wonderful.

I've seen my eldest son for a catch up.

I've seen a couple of gorgeous puppies.

building2017 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:57:47

My loooovely Bible study group.

My amazing and happy and confident 10 yo DD throwing her arms up in the air and saying, 'Today was good!' when she got home from school.

That the major (for me) event I helped with last night went well and is OVER!

Online shopping smile for food, for Christmas and everything smile

scortja Tue 17-Oct-17 15:59:56

Another parent spoke to me at the school gates (newish school)

Son asked to put on a 'learn French' CD which he's now chatting along with - he's 5 and delightfully odd

Old friends sent through a photo of me with Sean Hughes - I didn't even know it existed

Wotrewelookinat Tue 17-Oct-17 16:00:24

Someone told me I was good at my job today.

I have a loving patient husband who would do anything for the children and me.

I have somewhere safe to live and enough food to eat.

PandorasXbox Tue 17-Oct-17 16:04:06

1 that I could get in to see my GP one hour after phoning for an appointmen - have the worst tonsillitis ever.

2 the weather is amazing.

3 DH should be home soon and will takeover so I can go and die in a quiet corner.

midsomermurderess Tue 17-Oct-17 16:04:37

My lovely cat
Working from home
I'm warm and comfy.

RebeccaWithTheGoodHair Tue 17-Oct-17 16:06:25

- I met all my work deadlines yesterday so could have a lazy work day just checking on emails sporadically

- The sun shone so I was able to get the bedding washed ready for guests next week

- I'm nearly at the end of a 5:2 fast day and tomorrow I will have loads of guilt-free toast and marmite

Whambarsarentasfizzyastheywere Tue 17-Oct-17 16:10:59

-I was able to go into a supermarket and choose what I wanted for tea. After years of living with abuse I still can't get my head around being free and able to choose things I like. I'd forgotten how.

- That I had time this morning to take my 2 youngest children into bed with me and cuddle them for half an hour. I've been working stupid early shifts every day for long time.

- That I am able to work and be financially independent despite having no family and loads of kids grin it's a struggle at times but I am so determined not to rely in anyone anymore. My independence means everything to me.

phoenix1973 Tue 17-Oct-17 16:40:48

My pils met me for breakfast and paid too.

I drove my car with the top down. Cold but nice day. Lovely colours in the countryside.

Nice roast chicken dinner.

oldlaundbooth Tue 17-Oct-17 16:43:01

Both kids are healthy and on form.

Best time of year, I love autumn.

Got a job interview next Tuesday grin

Which means I don't have to do any more job applications till then... grin I do need to do research though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now