Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How clean and tidy is your house?

(85 Posts)
Supermagicsmile Mon 16-Oct-17 21:32:59

If I was to turn up to your house right now, what does it look like? All of my neighbours all have show home style houses. I wish mine was always like that!

applespearsbears Mon 16-Oct-17 21:35:08

Mine's ok, I prefer to do a little each day rather than one big clean up. It saying that I do set aside a morning a week to do a proper clean and I like the routine of it

TheQueenOfWands Mon 16-Oct-17 21:36:39

Medium.

There's clean washing to be put away and some washing up in the sink.

Generally it's pretty good.

user1499786242 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:36:54

Before kids - immaculate
Now- shit hole

Life's too short for cleaning actually I'm too bloody exhausted and haven't got time to wipe my arse let alone polish and dust

If someone turned up now I couldn't let them in hahah

DramaAlpaca Mon 16-Oct-17 21:37:02

Far too messy blush

gamerchick Mon 16-Oct-17 21:37:19

Mine isn’t show home but I wouldnt mind unexpected company most of the time. I keep on top of everything although the family is due a come to jesus meeting about what’s expected of them and their sloppyness of late

I do have a bra on the sofa though that could be shoved under a cushion grin

d270r0 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:37:36

Monday is my 'cleaning day'- I spend 2 hours doing all hoovering, bathrooms etc. So floors and bathrooms are clean, mostly tidy.
I haven't cleaned up from dinner yet so kitchen tops a mess and table out with plates on (will do in morning). There is also some clutter on surfaces and washing drying over banisters.
Overall I reckon its in a decent condition though. It will get steadily worse until I sort it out again next Monday.

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Mon 16-Oct-17 21:39:08

The kitchen, TV room and bathroom are tidy. The 2 bedrooms are shit heaps.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 16-Oct-17 21:40:08

There's some washing to put away and that's it,everything else is tidy.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 16-Oct-17 21:42:00

There are clean and tidy areas and there are areas I’d be ashamed of you seeing. Also right now, the rat cage needs a clean and it gives the house a certain aroma. 😬

ThisIsNotARealAvo Mon 16-Oct-17 21:42:45

Not too bad, downstairs loo is a bit dusty I noticed earlier, and DD's room is a total state. Otherwise I'd be happy to have someone round. I try to stay tidy but it's very hard.

iamUberA Mon 16-Oct-17 21:43:09

Kitchen is clean and tidy, living room has some sort of Lego situation going on but clean/tidy apart from that, stairs need a hoover and bathroom due a clean tomorrow but overall it's ok

iamUberA Mon 16-Oct-17 21:44:06

thebreast our hamster also gives off the aroma when due a clean

overmydeadbody Mon 16-Oct-17 21:44:21

Lovely and tidy.

I have a cleaner for an hour a day, comes in the evenings, just does the down stairs while I'm doing bath and bed time.

I love coming down to a clean tidy house once the kids are in need.

gluteustothemaximus Mon 16-Oct-17 21:45:04

Ours is a shit hole.

We're working on it.

(that is, tidying and decluttering, not making it more of a shit hole) grin

Theworldisfullofidiots Mon 16-Oct-17 21:45:51

Downstairs is OK because all the mess is upstairs grin

GrouchyKiwi Mon 16-Oct-17 21:46:41

Downstairs is mostly a tip, upstairs is mostly tidy. I have three small children and the eldest is home educated. Three children make a lot of mess.

I'm working on it. Slowly. Very slowly.

overmydeadbody Mon 16-Oct-17 21:46:53

My kids are not in need, in bed!!!

My house is not show home style though, it's cozy and very child centred.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:08

DH is on nights. So tea, bath and bedtime with a 3 year old and a 7 week old alone. 7 week old is going through the not put down able stage so all the pots are still on the side and toys everywhere.
It's shockingly bad.

weeblueberry Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:39

Not bloody very. DP and I are watching tv but there’s still a wooden cake picnic sitting in front of the tv on a throw —the one I wanted to snuggle under to watch tv— that I can’t be arsed tidying up. It will lie there til tomorrow morning where they’ll likely continue on with their picnic. grin

KateEffinMiddleton Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:48

House is messy with things but is clean
Like my DN's mothers house- theirs is generally tidy but is dirty if that makes sense.

weeblueberry Mon 16-Oct-17 21:49:55

Strike out fail...

LindyHemming Mon 16-Oct-17 21:51:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kokapetl Mon 16-Oct-17 21:57:03

It's clean because I did it at the weekend. Unfortunately because the decor is a work in progress ( kitchen and bathroom and new flooring ordered, need to find time to paint walls etc) it never looks clean. It is very messy because of two young DC who rarely tidy and seem to play with lots of things all at once somehow. Since they will do the same tomorrow I can't be bothered to tidy up after them.

gg1234 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:57:15

clean always Tidy bedsheets ,Bathroom except for the living room which needs to be hovered atleast 4 times a day since toddler leaves it messy everytime he plays .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now