Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What do you use to wash your hair?

(51 Posts)
stickaforkinme Mon 16-Oct-17 20:10:41

I changed from shower gel to soap after the recentish thread about it - it's fab btw! And now I'm thinking that there must be something better to wash my hair with than the crap shampoo i currently use.

I considered trying the soap but there are opposing views online so i dont want to make my hair worse.

I've recently changed to a cheap shampoo and my hair is awful. Looks like I've dipped it in chip pan grease on day 2.

My hair is fine and flyaway and i have bad pompholyx eczema on my hands that is exacerbated with chemicals.

Looking for inspiration from you guys to make a change!

Pastacube Mon 16-Oct-17 20:13:05

I like klorane shampoo cammomile

MiddlingMum Mon 16-Oct-17 20:14:59

Plain water one day, cheap shampoo the next.

FAkenameforthis Mon 16-Oct-17 20:15:02

I used solid shampoo from lush whilst in Kenya and it was great. Usually though I use bed head shampoo.

TheFallenMadonna Mon 16-Oct-17 20:17:55

I use Faith in Nature. Anything with dimethicone makes my hair look greasy.

Findingross Mon 16-Oct-17 20:20:29

I too was inspired!
I’ve changed to a conditioning shampoo bar (Amazon) - I’ve got shortish hair. I used a apple cider vinegar rinse this morning, but my hair isn’t happy at all.
To be fair, I am 6 months in from growing out a short pixie crop, so this may be part of the growing process.
I’ve had comments on how shiny it is, so I think I will continue for a few more weeks.

delilabell Mon 16-Oct-17 20:24:30

What is the thread about soap?
I use tresseme. It's huge bottles and I buy it when it's on offer.

Crispsheets Mon 16-Oct-17 20:25:23

Aveda colour conserve

Bonez Mon 16-Oct-17 20:37:47

I usually alternate between tresemmé (lasts ages!) and hello hydration herbal essences.

snozzlemaid Mon 16-Oct-17 20:38:19

I’m a soap convert from the other thread too and was thinking the same thing. I’m having to wash my hair everyday now and wondered if I was missing something like the soap revelation.

snozzlemaid Mon 16-Oct-17 20:39:31

Soap instead of shower gel thread
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/styleandd_beauty/3050909-Soap-instead-of-shower-gel

BifsWif Mon 16-Oct-17 20:45:19

Aveda Shampure

Mum2jenny Mon 16-Oct-17 20:46:50

Aussie Mega shampoo and conditioner works for me

wobblywonderwoman Mon 16-Oct-17 20:47:18

I use t gel for greasy hair. I feel it is the best for me.

Frith1975 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:47:38

I also buy the massive tres emme bottles.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 16-Oct-17 20:48:46

Shampoo.

Sulphate free.

ItsLeviosah Mon 16-Oct-17 20:53:23

Any of the branded ones you can buy in boots for around £8 a bottle.
(Ie Toni & Guy, Charles worthington)

I have thick long straight hair and using these keeps the colour and I only need to wash it once every 3/4 days.
If I use a cheap one from a supermarket I have to wash every 2 days

peppykoala Mon 16-Oct-17 20:54:41

Also sulphate free shampoo for me too - Vichy Ultra Soothing.

zippydoodaar Mon 16-Oct-17 20:55:08

The shampoo in the red bottle from LIDL:-

www.mysupermarket.co.uk/lidl-price-comparison/Shampoo/Cien_Expert_Colour_Shampoo_250ml.html?TrackingCode=AQEWAAE.QqII_gqyVU2xAvoygMVjhw

Identical to the L'Oreal one.

Autumnchill Mon 16-Oct-17 20:55:59

Aveda Smooth

MiriAmmerman Mon 16-Oct-17 21:03:18

I too am a soap user (although DP and I were doing it before that thread wink).

My hair is thick, dark and wavy - it’s quite nice, but it does get greasy quickly and needs a daily wash (can push to 48 hrs if desperate). I also have a really sensitive scalp - it seems to particularly hate fragrance and essential oils. It will itch and burn at the slightest provocation.

The best thing I have found by far is Sebamed shampoo. I get it for about £3 in Savers and it lasts ages. I use it with Simple conditioner. No reactions, no build up, and it gives me shiny hair (also seems to encourage the wave).

twofalls Mon 16-Oct-17 21:04:35

Silicone free conditioner. Part of the curly girl method.

MiriAmmerman Mon 16-Oct-17 21:05:18

This is the one (although, as I said, it’s cheaper in Savers):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sebamed-Shampoo-Everyday-200-ml/dp/B0015XEE5S

BarbaraOcumbungles Mon 16-Oct-17 21:08:17

Lidl cien tee tree shampoo and conditioner. My hair has never been in better condition.

Fiona1984 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:10:26

Lush solid shampoo. I don't use conditioner, just run a bit of R&B hair butter (from Lush again) through it while it's damp.
I have waist length highlighted blonde hair and it's not in bad condition considering. I try and wash it once a week if I can get away with it. The less I wash it the longer it seems to last. I don't blow dry it either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now