Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Judge this house....

(288 Posts)
PseudoLadyOfTheHouse Sun 15-Oct-17 17:26:15

We're selling, but not seen much traffic so far sad constructive criticism welcomed!

m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/reading/beecham-road/

Copperspot Sun 15-Oct-17 17:29:47

Which house? Link takes you to a page of then smile

PseudoLadyOfTheHouse Sun 15-Oct-17 17:30:52

Doh, sorry blush

This one!

m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/45175798?search_identifier=b3984230b597509d3f0face77c632685

blueskyinmarch Sun 15-Oct-17 17:31:05

Which house?

waitingforlifetostart Sun 15-Oct-17 17:32:13

The garden is messy and needs a heck of a tidy. There's too much furniture. I'd get rid of the L from the sofa for photos and the chest of drawers in the smaller room. Makes the house too small for furniture which I doubt is the case but photos are deceiving. Can you afford to put down some nice wood flooring in the kitchen? It looks like cheap laminate.

Otherwise the house is lovely. Large and neutral. I like it.

frenchfancy17 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:32:57

Is it the first one with blue door?

Squirmy65ghyg Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:09

I think there's quite a bit of stuff on show, which is maybe making the rooms smaller.

Garden could do with a bit of a tidy up.

Lovely house though smile

abbsisspartacus Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:48

I would think I need to replace the bathroom suite and tidy the garden

waitingforlifetostart Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:51

I'd get rid of the bathroom photo too.

LuxuryWoman2017 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:56

A few cosmetic things I would want to change, bathroom needs updating, garden needs a good tidy up but it's a cute house. The tiles on the ceilings are off-putting.
Bathrooms are really important, can you put in a cheapo new suite? Or retile?

Copperspot Sun 15-Oct-17 17:34:26

Theres nothing majorly wrong with it imho. The garden looks a mess, and it's not decorated / styled to my taste. But that's a personal thing. I would need a new kitchen and bathroom.
3rd bedroom is little. But ok for a small child.

Price? I don't know the area at all so no idea if it's priced correctly.

tobee Sun 15-Oct-17 17:34:53

I agree with waiting. But being super picky there. Looks a lot better than many I’ve seen recently in similar price bracket. It’s definitely a funny market at the moment. Sorry if that’s not very helpful.

OneInAMillionYou Sun 15-Oct-17 17:35:00

Sorry, but only bathroom being downstairs would make it a non starter for me. 😕

welshweasel Sun 15-Oct-17 17:35:32

Too much furniture and too much stuff. Things like loo rolls on top of the cupboards immediately make me think you're struggling for storage. I'd clear the surfaces and take out a sofa/chest of drawers etc for photos. And the garden looks like it would take a lot of work, could you get it cleared?

Theresnonamesleft Sun 15-Oct-17 17:35:43

Ok front and back garden need trimming. Seems to be lots of overgrown greenery. It also seems to be covering some of the front window.

Kitchen - can clutter on the sides be put away? Also the little corner shelve looks cluttered. Anything else that you could put there?

The car picture in the living room. I’m wondering what horror is hidden from when the fire was ripped out.

The shoes in the toy thing. Screams lack of storage. Can you not just leave a pair out each near the front door and stash the rest in peoples rooms?

Could the silicone on the bath be tidied up?

Copperspot Sun 15-Oct-17 17:36:02

Ah just realised bathroom is downstairs. I wouldn't even view it because of that tbh.

Katescurios Sun 15-Oct-17 17:36:17

The downstairs layout with the toilet off the kitchen them the bathroom then the conservatory would put me off to be honest. Other than that the small bedroom needs at least one big piece of furniture taking out it looks a but too cluttered making it seem smaller than it is.

ghostyslovesheets Sun 15-Oct-17 17:36:57

Kitchen -I would want to re-do it - and the ceiling

Shoes in the dining room shouts 'no storage'

Sofa makes living room look tiny

Batman bedroom is too full

Bathroom needs re doing - shower looks knackered

Garden looks awful

not sure on the price of similar properties but I'd be knocking a lot off your asking price to do the work

blueskyinmarch Sun 15-Oct-17 17:37:02

I probably wouldn't look at that house as the only bathroom is downstairs and seems so far away from the bedrooms. Plus having the shower over the bath with a massive window right next to it would put me off. The bedrooms are also poorly presented. I can't work out which one is the master bedroom.

tobee Sun 15-Oct-17 17:37:27

Small thing:- I’d put some mildew cleaner round the bath where’s its gone orange/brown, makes it look newer instantly

Kattymanners Sun 15-Oct-17 17:38:00

Don't think there's anything major really... the gardens a bit overgrown but it's not that bad honestly

No idea about the price although it seems quite reasonable to me northerner

If you are not having viewings it's usually the price is too much

peanut2017 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:40:52

Don't think the photos are taken at the right angle. Looks very cluttered and a lot of purple.

Garden needs a tidy as this is probably one of the biggest assets to the house but currently doesn't look very appealing.

Best of luck

JaneEyre70 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:42:15

Mainly I'd say your garden needs a good hacking back and tidy, and I'd lose some of the chest of drawers. And get some tile paint and go over the red tiling in the bathroom as it's a bit dated looking. Other than that, it tooks clean and presentable. I wouldn't say there is anything that would put me off. If you wanted more curb appeal, perhaps paint your front door a more modern grey and pop a few pots out?

PastysPrincess Sun 15-Oct-17 17:44:13

I am by no means an expert so hopefully someone more in the know will come along. My immediate thoughts are:
1. The purple sofa and mismatched chair look awful to the eye. I would put something more neutral and get rid of the chair to create more space.
2. One of the bedrooms has too much furniture; it makes it looked cramped.
3. The gardens needs sorting out. I would be put off not wanting to deal with that.
4. The purple carpets look awful too especially as nothing matches them. I’d try and get some carpet remnants to cover them over.

Hopefully that’s helpful for you. Overall I think it’s a nice property.

It's a nice house!

I agree with tidying the garden and getting rid of the shoe rack. Those were the two things of our for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now