Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Bizarre things that you utterly love

(190 Posts)
BulletFox Fri 13-Oct-17 04:13:19

One of the neighbours fires up their car and drives off to work approximately 4am. I absolutely love this, I'm an intensely bad sleeper and listen out for the car starting.

No idea which neighbour it is or what they do I just love hearing their car start like clockwork!

wanderings Fri 13-Oct-17 07:54:38

Be careful what you wish for, BulletFox! grin

I absolutely love the bizarre ritual my DH and I have for wrapping my presents: everyone who knows about it thinks it's crazy but who cares, and I look forward to it before my birthday or Christmas. I always keep him company while he wraps my goodies; I can chat to him, listen to the sounds of sellotape and paper, and I can even try asking him what my prezzies are going to be, because if he's careless, he might let something slip. The catch is that I can't see a thing, because I have to pay the small price of being blindfolded. smile

BulletFox Fri 13-Oct-17 08:17:27

That sounds funny and nice! Does he buy good ones??

I'm such a chronic insomniac though I wake up early hours then it makes me laugh when I hear the neighbour's car as I think 'oh ok then, it's 4am'. And it is absolutely like clockwork. I should find out which one it is and what they do grin

GoEasyPudding Fri 13-Oct-17 08:26:55

I love it when I see someone post a letter in a postbox. I'm all "yippee" secretly inside.
I saw a postbox surrounded by flowers in a hedgerow in early summer that wad good too.

BulletFox Fri 13-Oct-17 08:31:57

Oh pudding you've just reminded me that I loved a car parked near to my house whilst I was at uni (because it was the same one as my grandmother's).

I left a packet of loveheart sweets tucked up inside the windscreen wipers one night. In retrospect god knows what the owner thought!

wanderings Mon 16-Oct-17 14:01:20

I've remembered another one: I always used to love seeing car reversing lights coming on, because (unless you wander round a car park) it's fairly unusual to see them. Bonus points if they belong to a bus reversing - very rare!

And yes BulletFox, they are always good presents, and thoughtfully chosen, worth sitting in darkness for.

Gingernaut Mon 16-Oct-17 14:09:33

Weird one.

I do an inward fist pump and silently yell "Yes!" whenever I stop a bus at a pedestrian crossing.

The bigger the vehicle, the better, but a full bus or a coach; well "YES!" ✊

LittleHearts Fri 20-Oct-17 20:09:11

wanderings - I love the sound of your blindfolded wrapping up sessions. If I blindfolded dh to wrap his presents, all he'd hear is a load of swearing... I hate wrapping up and get in a right old state. Wrapping dh's presents is a sign that I truly love him.

VioletCharlotte Fri 20-Oct-17 20:11:01

I love watching and listening to the birds gathering in the trees when they're getting ready to migrate for the winter. They all sound so excited, like they're off on their holidays!

Dontgiveamonkeys1350 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:37:14

I like getting a message on my phone. Wether it's a text message or a Facebook message. It makes me smile because it means that someone was thinking about me. I am a bit hard on myself and am
Always surprised if anyone likes me. So having a message from someone means
The world. Even if it's boring 😂

99balloonsandproblems Fri 20-Oct-17 20:58:01

Wanderings I’m an author - do you mind if I steal this anecdote for a novel? It’s beautiful!

justdontevenfuckingstart Fri 20-Oct-17 21:00:45

Every time oh sneezes he says 'ohbugger' really quickly. Me and DD2 think it's hilarious.

MeatAndPotato Fri 20-Oct-17 21:04:34

Slices of apple dipped in peanut butter
waits for “BOAK”
IDC grin

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 20-Oct-17 21:06:36

Not exactly the same but I get huge satisfaction from seeing a light bulb blow. I have to take the bulb out immediately and shake it to see the filament spring. Then if I’ve got the right bulb to replace it, that makes it a really good day. Think it’s the feeling of being organised. It’s one of those ‘ah I’m a real adult’ moments. (I’m mid thirties but nothing makes me feel more grown up than having that light bulb!)

user1471548375 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:10:06

MeatAndPotato with you on the apples and peanut butter, I also love it with celery, and on a bacon sandwich!

MeatAndPotato Fri 20-Oct-17 21:18:37

user1471548375
grin fellow non-conformist grin

I also like grapes dipped in houmus or Doritos (blue ones) wine

user1471548375 Fri 20-Oct-17 21:21:11

Haha! Yes to the grapes and houmous. Anything sweet/savoury floats my boat.

On a hangover, I simply can't get enough of salt and vinegar macoys, stacked with minstrels.

Mistoffelees Fri 20-Oct-17 21:22:16

I like seeing people on their own eating an ice cream. In the summer I saw a man in a suit, who looked like he was walking he from work, eating a solero and it just made me smile that he'd decided to treat himself.

MeatAndPotato Fri 20-Oct-17 21:22:50

user1471548375
Belly is rumbling
Currently raiding the kitchen

Ownerofalittlechimp Fri 20-Oct-17 21:23:21

Atleast, me too! That & having stamps in my purse when needed rather than having to make a special trip to buy them

IamDBCooper Fri 20-Oct-17 21:26:06

I love opening the ceiling blinds in my conservatory. I don’t open them very often so it feels like such a treat when I do. It’s so lovely and bright in there. Especially love it if it’s raining and then I like to lay on the sofa in there and watch the rain run down the glass roof!

thenightsky Fri 20-Oct-17 21:27:30

If I see another car of the same make as mine in a car park, I will always choose to park next to it. (Smart).

fruityb Fri 20-Oct-17 21:28:09

When the local park is full of people on a nice day playing football and such. Love seeing that.

A dog walking home with an enormous stick in its mouth and how happy they look with it. Or dogs with their heads out of their car windows.

Rarotonga Fri 20-Oct-17 21:28:35

I love watching rain fall on the windscreen and the wipers swipe it away, or waiting for the blobs of rain to get so heavy that they bulge and then run down the window. I am definitely strange!

daisygirlmac Fri 20-Oct-17 21:28:45

Lovely thread!

I’m really intensely satisfied by seeing rows of jam and preserves. In fact anything to do with it, I saw some empty jars today on offer and I had to buy them. I do make jam and chutney but it’s just the orderliness, the forward planning and the look of jars lined up that is so bloody satisfying. Really love seeing supermarket jam shelves but the ultimate is a homemade hand and preserves market stall, could linger for ages. I love the different hats not hats they are just bits of paper on top of jars and handwritten labels give me a bit of a swoon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now