Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Minor things that are unbelievable "in this day and age"!

(231 Posts)
AgentProvocateur Tue 10-Oct-17 20:30:55

The main post office in Glasgow city centre, that thousands of people pass on their way to and from work, has antiquated opening hours of 9am-5.30pm. angry

TheBlackLodge Tue 10-Oct-17 20:38:11

Low tack stickers have existed for decades, so why do some shops still insist on using price labels that only come off in tiny gluey shreds?!

Justgivemesomepeace Tue 10-Oct-17 20:42:11

My chemist and it's ridiculous ordering system. It takes 4 days to do a repeat prescription. It takes about 40 mins from handing a prescription in to getting your medication. Everything goes past on a conveyor belt of plastic baskets whilst all the staff wander about looking confused. I can order things from China quicker.

ShirleyPhallus Tue 10-Oct-17 20:45:47

Doctors appointments are only available during working hours. And only if you call up at 8am to make an appointment.

Do they just think we all have time to fanny around waiting in until that time just in case?

SheSparkles Tue 10-Oct-17 20:47:19

That December 25th happens every year but takes my employer by surprise every. Fucking. Year. (Emergency service so it's a working day)

Rainallday Tue 10-Oct-17 20:48:16

Having to carry your a4 folder of paper maternity notes everywhere when heavily pregnant.

Backingvocals Tue 10-Oct-17 20:49:09

Those flat bed trucks with vats of molten tarmac on them. They look so not 2017 health & safety.

LittleHearts Tue 10-Oct-17 20:49:55

That you can still buy fireworks - explosives - for home use!

Backingvocals Tue 10-Oct-17 20:52:14

Hiring a car. Fill in all the info online weeks before. Get to the desk after a long flight and it’s like they’ve never heard of you - have to fill in loads more forms while the assistant scratches their chin and wonders how on earth to find a car for you, from the hundreds waiting in the car park.

MrsMoastyToasty Tue 10-Oct-17 20:52:45

That if you have to pay in a cheque at the bank it still takes 4 days to clear.

PuppyMonkey Tue 10-Oct-17 20:57:20

I have a friend who runs a gardening business - which obviously relies on customers being able to get in touch with him etc - but he refuses to have a mobile phone and expects people to ring his landline for enquiries.

He's obviously out a lot, gardening, so they can never get hold of him. He says they should leave a message and he'll get back to them.

(As opposed to just going to the next hit on Google wink)

ShirleyPhallus Tue 10-Oct-17 21:08:20

Those disgusting little cushions and throws in hotels

Also in hotels: no plug sockets next to the bed

MiddleagedManic Tue 10-Oct-17 21:15:28

That employers still can't work out that you can have a brain and use it but that you still have to legally pick your kids up from school at home time.

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Tue 10-Oct-17 21:17:13

That shops and businesses don't have a fucking card machine.

It's bad enough when the parking meter doesn't but a bloody shop ? Join the 20th century please.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 10-Oct-17 21:17:26

Backingvocals this used to annoy me about hiring a car too.
Then I signed up for Avis Preferred (costs nothing) and now at most airports, you bypass the desk completely and go straight to the car park.
Some places there will be a screen or noticeboard by the terminal desk and it will tell you which bay your car is in
B. VOCALS
B27

Backingvocals Tue 10-Oct-17 21:19:20

Oh god that sounds amazing. Thanks for the heads up grin

ItchyFoot Tue 10-Oct-17 21:21:42

Youcan I hate that. Especially when your small children are getting hungry and tired but you have to traipse around looking for a cafe that isn't from the last century. I was also annoyed to find out that Next doesn't have contactless payment.

babybarrister Tue 10-Oct-17 21:23:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babybarrister Tue 10-Oct-17 21:25:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

orenisthenewblack Tue 10-Oct-17 21:27:45

That there are still starving people in the world.

GraciesMansion Tue 10-Oct-17 21:28:12

Low tack stickers have existed for decades, so why do some shops still insist on using price labels that only come off in tiny gluey shreds?!

It’a something to do with stopping shoplifting (but can’t quite remember what!)

scrabbler3 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:38:30

Lloyds Bank has a user friendly app - but no means of contacting them via it, and no webchat. Even HMRC has a good webchat facility.

OP our tiny local post office opens from 8am until 6.30pm on weekdays. How silly that Glasgow's main one doesn't.

Ttbb Tue 10-Oct-17 21:45:02

The NHS. Where I come from it's almost unheard of to called up your GP and not be able to get an appointment that same day.

sparechange Tue 10-Oct-17 22:00:00

That my local council won’t accept a print off from any online account - Bank, gas, insurance, THEIR OWN COUNCIL TAX - as a proof of address

That my work still insists we include a fax number on our business cards and email signature

DeathByMascara Tue 10-Oct-17 22:05:01

That there’s no cure for the common cold.

sniffs sadly to self

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now