Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fuming!

(24 Posts)
MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 22:51:01

Hi everyone

This is more of a AIBU but i know i'm not so need to rant really..

Earlier on i was sat chatting to DH when a lady from the street knocks on the door. Around 8pmish

She asked me to move my car because apparantly i was parked on her 'spot'. (Can i just add that no one has got parking directly on their property, it's all on road parking therefore anyone can park anywhere. No one in the street holds a permit for a specific spot either, we just park where we find a spot.)

I replied back with 'sorry, no.'

She then started telling me how expensive her car is therefore she HAS to park directly outside her house so no one scratches it or damages it hmm

I replied with ' well, my cars expensive too. Yesterday there wasn't a spot outside my house so i parked across the road. No one damaged my car nor did anyone complain. So i suggest you find an empty spot and park there because i won't be moving my car today.

She then goes on completely justifying herself!! And then she said 'i'v ordered everyone in this street to not park on my spot because thats just for my car because its outside my house and i have an expensive car.

By the point i was getting annoyed and fustrated. I told her i pay my road tax just like she does therefore i shall park where i want.

If she doesnt leave, i'm calling the police.

She then says i'll wait in car and give you 10 mins. It continued. I ended up arguing outside with her..

I did not move my car at the end of it.

Im furious! I'm 23 weeks pregnant and i feel so much more wound up than i usually would. I did not need this.

Obviously the conversation is much longer than what I'v put on here but this gives you an idea..

Was I in wrong to react :/ should i have just moved my car to keep the peace? Or close the door and refuse to answer it. I have morals and i'm fully aware of whats right and wrong.

I would never let anyone walk all over me or speak to me in such a disrespectful way.

Im so annoyed.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 26-Sep-17 22:53:04

You're unreasonable for arguing so long, especially the part where you went out to the street to argue with her hmm

You say 'no' and shut the front door.

NoMudNoLotus Tue 26-Sep-17 22:53:40

Too right dont move your car !!

AlexanderHamilton Tue 26-Sep-17 22:53:47

I would have closed the door on her & just refused to engage.

MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 22:54:09

Can i add my car is not expensive, it's an average car. I made that comment to make her aware that MY car was still as Valuable for me as hers is for her.

Neverknowing Tue 26-Sep-17 22:54:54

I think you are NBU but you should have just said 'no you're being stupid' and closed the door.
You caused yourself stress that could have been avoided. Crazy will be crazy, the best way is to not engage!

AntiHop Tue 26-Sep-17 22:54:57

Christ she's a cheeky, entitled fucker.

MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 22:55:08

lauriefaircake She came back! So i had no choice.. i didnt actively go out to argue with her. She wouldnt give up..

CavoliRiscaldati Tue 26-Sep-17 22:58:49

She's an idiot. Of course you don't have to move your car, but some people believe they own the road in front of their home, but THEY DON'T.

I do hope you have a dash cam, because be careful, she could be damaging your car to be spiteful! I would make a point of parking in "Her sport" from now on, but I am being petulant.

PovertyPain Tue 26-Sep-17 23:00:18

Sneak out during the night and wrap her car in cling film. At least it won't get scratched. 😁

MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 23:02:18

povertypain haha! That's brilliant grin

JustPutSomeGlitterOnIt Tue 26-Sep-17 23:05:37

Bloody fantastic! Well done you!

RainbowPastel Tue 26-Sep-17 23:05:45

There's no such thing as road tax. I wouldn't have moved either.

Noahsmama17 Tue 26-Sep-17 23:07:22

Wow some people! She needs to get out of her bum and maybe buy a house with a drive for her amazing car that's so expensive she can clearly afford it 😂😂😂 You did right sticking up for yourself but as everyone says you should have said no and closed the door not worth the stress of getting wound up when you are pregnant! Feet up and forget the plonker! This is one of many things to come where you will feel frustrated I used to loose my temper quickly when pregnant especially near the end 🙈🙈🙈

MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 23:09:02

CalvoliRiscaldati i was thinking the same!! . I'm actually on the internet searching for dashscams right now. I was planning to get one anyway..

WhooshYeah Tue 26-Sep-17 23:12:01

Defo good on you for standing your ground and not being a pussy and moving it.
Although being pregnant shouldn’t even matter.

Justgivemesomepeace Tue 26-Sep-17 23:12:20

No way. As soon as you do it she'll expect it all the time and validate her thinking. If she knows she has to park on the road and is so worried about her car why the bloody hell would she get something so expensive?

BrowsOnFleek Tue 26-Sep-17 23:21:22

Cannot understand why people get so wound up about parking in the same spot. I tend to park in the same spot outside my house, but if someone parks there - believe it or not I park somewhere else shock

I’ve had neighbours block me in for parking in “their spot” before. I may have left the car there for days out of spite. Guess who had to move first? grin

Maelstrop Tue 26-Sep-17 23:26:04

Road tax is to do with emissions, not being allowed to be on the road. Ignore her craziness, park where you want. She needs to move and get a house with a drive.

MummyToBeAgain1 Tue 26-Sep-17 23:33:11

Maelstrop ooops! Well thankfully she didn't know any better about road tax or she would have made a comment! Thanks for that..

MunchMunch Wed 27-Sep-17 00:15:11

Ahhhh I've got one of these neighbours too!

The thing is with my neighbour I was actually parked outside of her next door neighbours house! She even told me it was her parking spot, erm no it's not it a public road hmm
The next day her and her dh blocked me in purposely. The police got her to move.

Now tonight my brother was parked outside of her house so her dd treat us to the middle finger (not that we could see as we weren't at the window but checking the cctv later I saw it!) grin

MummyToBeAgain1 Wed 27-Sep-17 00:33:47

MunchMunch as if they blocked you in shock It's so childish isn't it except theres the rare few who think they obliged to set their own rules which the rest of us should obviously follow. hmm

The lady today had so much space available to park her car. She would literally need to walk a couple of extra steps to get to her house but that just wasn't good enough.

WorraLiberty Wed 27-Sep-17 00:37:01

And then she said 'i'v ordered everyone in this street to not park on my spot because thats just for my car because its outside my house and i have an expensive car.

No she didn't, did she?

"I've ordered everyone in this street...."

Sorry, but no-one says that.

MummyToBeAgain1 Wed 27-Sep-17 00:40:42

WorreLiberty she said that about 5 times. And that was the reason she was so unhappy with me because apparantly everyone else did as they were asked the first time. confused

The cheek!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now