Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Household objects you're a little bit in love with

(225 Posts)
seventeenlittleducks Tue 26-Sep-17 18:25:54

For me it's my dishwasher, I love my dishwasher. DH has maybe unloaded and loaded it perhaps twice in the nearly 1 1/2 years we've had it and I don't mind because it's my favourite. No standing over a sink scrubbing away, just pop it in go sit down and clean dishes appear a little while later.
Would never be without it now, I can't be the only one with a fixation on an object, don't even mind unloading it because my dishes are clean with no effort from me love that thing, if it ever broke I think I'd be distraught grin

chanie44 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:38:00

My contactless kitchen bin. We'd had a crappy plastic one for years, which was all we could afford when we moved in. I was eyeing up a replacement for about £100 but I came across my contactless bin for less than half the price. Everyone who comes round think it's much more expensive than it was.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 26-Sep-17 18:38:52

Corkscrew and tin opener.

I'm well classy.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Tue 26-Sep-17 18:40:43

My Joseph Joseph garlic press. It's like a rocker.

HappyEverIftar Tue 26-Sep-17 18:44:47

I'm with you on the dishwasher OP grin

skippy67 Tue 26-Sep-17 19:28:32

Dishwasher. Definitely.

seventeenlittleducks Tue 26-Sep-17 19:49:42

Ah all the love for dishwashers grin they do deserve it, marvellous inventions!

Rainatnight Tue 26-Sep-17 19:50:42

Peg basket.

I am tragic.

formerbabe Tue 26-Sep-17 19:51:44

Heated airer.

Ahardmanisgoodtofind Tue 26-Sep-17 19:52:37

Slow cooker. I've named him and am loving finding new things to make in it. I normally hate cooking. Don't know why I resisted for so long

ShoutyMcShoutFace Tue 26-Sep-17 19:52:38

Ah my cordless dyson. Marvellous to just whip it off the wall and vroom up all the crumbs in one swoop. Makes it so much easier to not care when most meals end up on the floor.

Bratsandtwats Tue 26-Sep-17 19:53:00

My cordless Dyson and my Dyson hairdryer and my Instantpot.

GeorgeTheHamster Tue 26-Sep-17 19:53:46

Oh God. My favourite thing is <whispers> the spatula that came with the Kenwood^ mixer^. How sad is that?!

JayZed Tue 26-Sep-17 19:54:55

The gravel washer for my fish tank blush no more rinsing them in the bath for me.

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 26-Sep-17 19:55:14

Oh yes, the dishwasher!
I don't think DH and I would still be married without it. In fact, he'd probably be under the patio.
I do love my Instant Pot. Quick, easy and leaves meat very tender so I'm not stuck watching my 6 year old masticate the same small piece of chicken for 20 bloody minutes. 😡
And my Kenwood chef. Does everything except cook.
Actually, sod DH, I'm going to run off into the sunset with my kitchen appliances.

Titsywoo Tue 26-Sep-17 19:56:06

Dishwasher, tumble dryer and ice machine (in my fridge freezer).

rubberducker Tue 26-Sep-17 19:58:17

Georgethehamster - completely agree, it's amazing. My dad loves it too, I have to watch him when he comes round in case he tries to smuggle it out! grin(I do also love the mixer too, completely transformed my baking.)

But first place has to go to the tumble drier! How I had my first 2 babies without one i'll never know. No more airer with wet clothes all over the house, lovely fluffy towels, what's not to love?!

wizzler Tue 26-Sep-17 19:59:01

Custom made curtain rails.. they were expensive... but every time I draw my curtains I enjoy the fact that I dont have to tug at them to get them over a join.
This means I am decidedly middle aged.. doesn't it ?

CatastrophyKate Tue 26-Sep-17 19:59:19

Laundry maiden. Clothes dry overnight and (almost) out of sight.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 26-Sep-17 19:59:28

My new Vax vacuum cleaner.

It sucks soooo well.

I've been doing the whole house every day with it since I had it.

arousingcheer Tue 26-Sep-17 20:01:28

Lol GeorgeTheHamster, I think the Kenwood one had a chunk taken out of it by vigorous use near the blade but it inspired me to buy loads of silicone spatulas and I hate cooking without them. It just feels so good to scrape things clean with them.

sourpatchkid Tue 26-Sep-17 20:13:13

@wizzler oh the envy I have for your curtain rails. I hate hate hate hate our fuckers, there have been days it's almost made me cry

Mine is my coffee machine, a Xmas present from DH. I sigh adoringly at it sometimes

TheOtherGirl Tue 26-Sep-17 20:15:59

I love my cordless hoover for doing a quick scoot round with. My big Dyson is the size and weight of a small car ffs.

My tumble dryer is an item of wonder now I have mastered the fine art of tumbling, removing clothes while still warm, smoothing and hanging. The only things I ever iron now are DH's business shirts.

seventeenlittleducks Tue 26-Sep-17 20:16:18

Another one of mine is electric tin opener. I was bought it as a present after I spent 45 minutes trying to get in to a can of peas with a knife and spoon as my tin opener wouldn't work grin

NevilleBennett Tue 26-Sep-17 20:17:39

I love my George Foreman. I call him George. I cook pretty much everything in him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now