Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

clothes for a 7 year old

(39 Posts)
Smartiepants79 Tue 26-Sep-17 17:33:51

I am currently sat getting crosser and crosser as I trawl through the website of every major retailer in the hunt for winter clothes for my DD.
She has just turned 7. She is just starting to be aware of 'cool' clothes but I prefer her to be dressed her age rather than like a mini 14 year old.
I am struggling to find anything that's worth buying.
It's nearly all grey or black, has weird sleeves (next!), holes cut out in various places (it's autumn!), or is juts plain ugly.
Anyone got ideas of somewhere I'v not thought of looking??

over40andpregnant Tue 26-Sep-17 17:36:37

I know it annoys me to as here is Australia she has moved to what is called older girls probably similar at home and I think they aim it at the top end of age
So mini teens really

And mine still wants super hero’s and unicorns etc
I do use next and send it here as I find they have some choice

I buy from a company here called cotton on
Has that opened there yet?

HeyMicky Tue 26-Sep-17 17:37:58

Vertbaudet are good. Nice clothes but age appropriate. Plenty of trousers, tights under shorts, proper sweaters etc

And nice colours

RidiculousDiversion Tue 26-Sep-17 17:40:35

H&M now do their younger range in 8-10, so that's worth a look for trendier stuff. I get basics from Uniqlo, Boden, occasionally POP in the sale.

MrsPear Tue 26-Sep-17 17:43:59

Lands End

RoryItsSnowing Tue 26-Sep-17 17:45:49

H&M

CallMeDollFace Tue 26-Sep-17 17:46:35

Crikey that's depressing... I struggle with buying colourful, age appropriate boys clothes but that is because 2/3 or even 3/4 of the retail space is given over to girls. That and the apparent need for people to dress boys as mini soldiers/gangsters/pirates 🙄

ReginaBlitzkreig Tue 26-Sep-17 17:53:22

La Redoute?

2014newme Tue 26-Sep-17 17:56:10

Gap h&m

leccybill Tue 26-Sep-17 17:59:11

Would definitely say H&M and I quite like M&Co.
Next is far too teenagery and M&S just get it wrong time after time.

PussCatTheGoldfish Tue 26-Sep-17 18:00:23

I struggle too. There's lots of grey about hmm.

I get lots from H&M, it's the right price range for my budget too. GAP is quite good too.

implantsandaDyson Tue 26-Sep-17 18:03:13

I've a 6 almost 7 year old - she gets most of her stuff from H&M and Sainsburys. She wears a lot of long sleeved tops (£2.99 H&M) and leggings or skirts.

Smartiepants79 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:05:44

H&M is the only one I've not made it to yet. In each collection I'm maybe able to see 1 or 2 things I'd consider and nothing seems to go with anything else.
We are also in the 'older girls' section now and it's all a bit crap. I've not had the same problem choosing stuff for her younger sister.
Also haven't been in gap.
Will look at vertbaudet.

MajorBumsore Tue 26-Sep-17 18:07:22

Boden have 40% off at the moment

BriocheBriocheBrioche Tue 26-Sep-17 18:14:09

You should find something in H&M, its great for kids. Lots of 3 for 2s on their organic cotton basics too.

Ive just discovered Mango kids - albeit for my toddler.
It seem to be a cool, but less try hard version of Zara kids.

Apparently River Island and Dorothy Perkins do kids clothes too although I'm not sure what they are like.

BriocheBriocheBrioche Tue 26-Sep-17 18:16:00

Also, not online but I went to Primark yesterday and bought my 5yo daughter a winter capsule wardrobe.
Nice soft skinny jeggings, plain t shirts with a little frill detail and a few jumpers all in nice burgundy/navy tones.

Maybe you should pop in if you have one nearby?

LucilleBluth Tue 26-Sep-17 18:20:13

Boden and Fat face, but not the mad prints. Boden have 40% off at the moment,move just ordered some denim dresses and. A pair of funky red high tops. H and M for basics, Asda/Sainsburys for sleepwear.

Greenglassteacup Tue 26-Sep-17 18:25:32

Boden
Zara

Greenglassteacup Tue 26-Sep-17 18:25:50

Morrisons pyjamas

Greenglassteacup Tue 26-Sep-17 18:33:27

& John lewis

Ttbb Tue 26-Sep-17 18:37:35

Marks and spencer has a lot of cute stuff with woodland animals at the moment.

WritingHome Tue 26-Sep-17 18:39:55

over40 we have spent a good bit of time in Australia and I LOVE Cotton On. We will be back there next year and I am planning on stocking up for dd. Such great quality and colours / patterns. Wish it was here too!

We like Boden and H&M and some M&S

wiltingfast Tue 26-Sep-17 18:42:16

I just bought cord type leggings, tracksuit bottoms and heavy cotton long sleeved t shirts from benneton. Not as expensive as you would expect. Simple colourful and comfortable clothes. The leggings Stay Up btw. Am delighted. Think I will go back and get some more. grin

Molly2008 Tue 26-Sep-17 18:46:56

I feel for you my DD is 4 but wears size 7-8 clothes and I have the same problem. It's Boden all the way here with a few basics thrown in. I can't understand the obsession with dressing little girls as mini adults.

snackarella Tue 26-Sep-17 19:02:18

H & m have some
Nice bits in and also m&s x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now