Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ahhhgg!! 3 year olds!

(13 Posts)
StewPots Tue 26-Sep-17 16:20:35

Trying to do some Excel training for my diploma, thought an excellent way to practise was to set up a weekly budget spreadsheet.

Really getting into it when my DS3 decided to clamber on back of sofa then flip over, kneeing me really hard in the back of the neck in the soft part as he did so! My head jolted forward pretty fast and oh the pain!

Now my head is starting to hurt and I've closed the laptop in defeat. Gahhhh!

Anyone else have DC stopping them from doing something useful today in a violent/non violent manner??

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 09:54:02

Turns out DS got me good as ended up in hospital with concussion!

Speech slurry banging head had to have a ct scan...now off work for rest of week!

MyBrilliantDisguise Wed 27-Sep-17 09:56:44

Blimey! That's terrible - hope everything's OK!

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 10:00:19

Brilliant Very scary. I couldn't talk properly (still can't really) or walk well at all...6 hrs later confirmed as bad concussion, rest a lot and pain killers but no lasting damage. DH had to wake me through night and my mum is here all day. My vision is normal again but feeling very tired but can't sleep IYSWIM.

MyBrilliantDisguise Wed 27-Sep-17 10:59:56

It shows how easily something can happen. You must have really banged it hard. Have you written him out of your Will yet? grin

Silverthorn Wed 27-Sep-17 11:03:26

Aw ouch! Feel better soon. cakeflowers
I can't get anything done with my 3yo around because he likes to 'help' which involves grabbing and touching everything.

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 11:05:54

Brilliant grinyeah seems like he did a proper job on me!

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 11:06:42

Silver thorn thank you. I'll be fine just wish my speech would go back to normal! Yes I know the feeling there! smile

littlebird77 Wed 27-Sep-17 11:08:04

Why are you even trying???

Give up and make the most of your little tot, they won't be little and with you for long, and then you go and do whatever you please without injury as you will have all the time in the world then.

Wait until they are asleep

AJPTaylor Wed 27-Sep-17 11:14:35

they can cause serious injury.
i had a school gate mum friend who had a 6 year old and 2 year old twins. day 2 of school hols one twin jumped on her when she was laying on the floor and fractured 2 of her ribs. long old 6 weeks!

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 11:18:42

Littlebird Becaus I only have 2 days off a week and need to get my diploma done, sometimes when he's playing quietly I can manage it otherwise I'm trying to cram before bed.
I just lightheartedly started a thread yesterday about it. I didn't know I would end up in hospital having a ct scan and end up today unable to talk properly confused

StewPots Wed 27-Sep-17 11:20:30

I'm just in here today because I need to stay alert and I feel very restless. CT scan showed no lasting damage but I'm in for a rough few days Dr said. I just needed cheering up.

liquidrevolution Wed 27-Sep-17 11:35:34

I'm possibly going to lose my front tooth after being headbutted by my DD who is 3. Tooth looks like it is going grey despite dentists best effort. sad

3 is a dangerous age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now