Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tired and fed up. All the time.

(18 Posts)
MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Sep-17 15:10:54

Does anybody else get like this? Constantly tired, fed up, no enthusiasm for anything, so much to do but can't seem to do anything?

I don't know if it's depression, seasonal or just modern living. I'm not the person I used to be though.

We've got work going on at home which doesn't help. Everywhere is a mess and I just don't know where to begin clearing it up.

I feel like as soon as I've taken the dcs to school I want to come home and go back to bed. I struggle to even muster up the energy to walk the dog and I love our walks.

Even dh said I seem to be quite down. I just don't know what to suggest. Feeling very sad about it all.

Maudlinmaud Tue 26-Sep-17 15:17:44

Yes. I feel like this sometimes, I do have depression and I'm being treated for it but every so often I kind of slump. Talking helps are making some time for myself.
How do you feel about seeing your gp?

Maudlinmaud Tue 26-Sep-17 15:18:13

*or

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Sep-17 16:30:02

I don't know. I suppose it would be the best place to start. Wouldn't want to make a prat of myself.

Vintagegoth Tue 26-Sep-17 17:30:06

Our local area has an online counselling service that you can self refer to if you don't feel up to going to the GP just yet. It was helpful to have someone to talk to and they can recommend strategies to help. Perhaps look into if your area runs a similar scheme.

CallMeDollFace Tue 26-Sep-17 17:32:09

How do you feel once you're out with the dog? Are you glad you went or are you waiting for it to be over and get back to the sofa?

Hedgehoghogger Tue 26-Sep-17 17:33:02

Might be worth asking for a thyroid check?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Sep-17 18:26:43

Oh I'm always glad to be out once I'm there. It's just getting there. Thanks for your replies though. Feel like I'm being melodramatic. Don't know what I'm doing really.

paq Tue 26-Sep-17 18:29:19

I sometimes feel like this, and after thinking it through I can usually pinpoint a few things that are niggling away at me but it's so low level I don't notice for a while.

Can you write down the things that are bothering you and see what can be tackled?

CallMeDollFace Tue 26-Sep-17 20:02:40

Ok good, that's a definite positive if you're feeling better when you're out and about.

So. Diet? Exercise? Sleep? Water? How well do you think you are looking after yourself? All these things will increase your energy levels and help you out of a rut.

Start small, as you gain increments of energy, you will gain momentum and begin an upwards spiral instead of a downwards one.

DaisysStew Tue 26-Sep-17 20:07:21

Me! Ive got no energy or enthusiasm for anything anymore. I've been telling myself for nearly 2 years that I'm just tired, I'll feel better after a good sleep etc, but I never do.

Really need to book in with the gp to get my bloods checked. I had more get up and go when my son was newborn and waking every 3 hours than I do now - and he's slept through the night since he was 4 months old.

Hope you find the cause of it and start to feel better flowers

Flicketyflack Tue 26-Sep-17 20:12:38

Yes I feel like this. It definitely helps to go out & do exercise. I agree with the comment about small steps too.

What age are your children? Do you work? What other interests do you have?

Good food, plenty of water & exercise work for me smile

I should take some of my own advice as feeling like this myself at the moment sad

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Sep-17 23:31:13

Kids are 10 and 8. No more hard work than usual. Husband is fine, life is generally fine, having work done on the house, lots to look forward to. I think the state of the house is getting me down. Until it's all decorated and done it's not going to be straight. I did say I wanted it finished by Christmas but we're going to need a new bathroom and new carpets and that's going to be tricky as dh is extremely busy with work until Christmas. Honestly, it looks like a bloody jumble sale in every room. We tried to start clearing stuff and have ended up with junk everywhere. We even hired a skip but I don't know what to keep and what to throw. I need dh's input but he's always at work. I think that's the root of the problem. My house is messy and I can't settle.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 26-Sep-17 23:33:19

It's just exacerbated the problem, I mean. I've been feeling out of kilter for months. We had a family holiday this summer to a lovely part of the country and I can remember thinking beforehand, I don't want to go and I don't care. Never felt that before, always loved our trips away.

Bloodybridget Tue 26-Sep-17 23:39:49

That sounds horrible, poor you. Is there anything you do that you actually enjoy at the moment - or that you used to enjoy? Do you think you could be anaemic, if you're always tired?

Living in a mess would make me extremely fed up. Could you try to have a family sorting out weekend, with everyone helping to get rid of stuff? Or if that wouldn't work with your DCs, could someone else have them while you and your DH do it?

paq Wed 27-Sep-17 06:35:15

I sympathise. I am the same when the house is a tip.

Is there just one room that's okay or that you can make nice? And then spend time in there to avoid all of the mess all of the time?

Can your DH take a day off to at least make a list / schedule of the jobs that need doing?

Would you benefit from a short break, just you?

Getting the basics of good mental health can feel simplistic but worth it:

Exercise
Healthy diet
Drink plenty of water
Avoid alcohol
Spend time with friends and family
Spend time doing something you love
Get outside and into nature
Mindfulness or meditation
No TV before bedtime
Put your phone away
Listen to music that you love
Sleep for 8 hours a night
Don't sweat the small stuff

Flicketyflack Wed 27-Sep-17 09:07:35

It sounds like the work on the house is making you feel miserable. Living in an unsettled environment can be unsettling as there is nowhere to relax.

The suggestion of finding somewhere to relax sounds good if possible. Do you think counting down the achievements would be helpful as each 'milestone' is reached?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 27-Sep-17 16:23:24

The only place I feel relaxed at home is the back garden, it's lovely and we have some nice furniture.

Diet and exercise would probably help, I know I'm not eating very well at the moment and I'm about two stone overweight. It all adds up doesn't it?

Seriously need to try and tackle the house though. We've never been very tidy but it's just a joke at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now