Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Any more ideas for my gift bag?

(4 Posts)
meanapparently Tue 26-Sep-17 12:45:58

My good friend has a baby boy who has HLHS, he's only 1 and he's already spent so much time in hospital.. she's up there again with him, London, her dh is in another city trying to hold his job down and her 3yo dd is with my friends dad in yet another city. My friend doesn't even know when the next time that she sees her dd will be. He ds is on constant oxygen, they just cant seem to raise his levels. She's stuck at the hospital day and night, and is so down.

I'm going to see her this week and want to take something to her. Maybe a little bag with helpful bits she may need? I've been lucky enough to never have had to stay in hospital with my ds so I don't know what things would be best. Any ideas please?

Whambarsarentasfizzyastheywere Tue 26-Sep-17 12:54:10

Nice shower gel and shampoo, hand lotion, any sort of hair treatments or skin cleansers or whatever that are quick but will make her feel a bit pampered, pack of cards, a book you think she may like, or a puzzle book, if they have those pay as you go tv's you could get her a top up for that, biscuits and snacks (pot noodles and packet soups etc that can be made using a kettle) when you visit her could you take her in a Chinese or McDonald's or some other hot meal you know she would love.

flowers you're a good friend.

scoobykenzer Tue 26-Sep-17 20:36:49

cosy socks
teddy for child
chocolate (monty bojangles are good)

Protegemo1 Tue 26-Sep-17 20:46:54

A really rich nice smelling hand cream would be good - the hand sanitizer you have to use before entering the wards really dries out your hands out.
Boring but cereal bars are handy for missed meals. Some juice.

When Iv had to spend time as a hospital visit for long hours I read lots of trashy magazines I wouldn't normally buy (real people etc) as hard to focus on books etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now