Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How to target mums returning to work?

(13 Posts)
SuspendedInGaffaTape Mon 25-Sep-17 21:44:45

I'm helping my brother recruit for his business, it's a flourishing start up that is really taking off so he needs some admin support, a mix of tasks (from invoicing to setting up the office space and selecting a finance package provider - all sorts!) and I keep telling him it's the ideal role for someone looking to return to work after having kids due to the skills needed and how flexible he can be with hours (he wants 20 hrs pw). Has anyone used either a job board or an agency to find this type of role? A quick Google tells me there are lots of websites out there but would love some personal stories of what worked for people looking to return to work. All opinions welcome, thanks.

Lndnmummy Mon 25-Sep-17 21:55:56

I would use a local internet forum for your area if you have it?

fiorentina Mon 25-Sep-17 21:56:33

There are many agencies such as jobwise for part timework, women like us etc. Or just advertise on Facebook groups etc used by parents.

PurpleDaisies Mon 25-Sep-17 21:58:17

I don't understand why he needs to specifically target mums returning to work. Shouldn't he be looking to employ people who fit the needs of his business, regardless of their home situation?

tectonicplates Mon 25-Sep-17 22:10:00

Mumsnet has jobs section.

SuspendedInGaffaTape Tue 26-Sep-17 21:23:24

Thanks all. He doesn't want / need to specifically hire women returning to work but I just think it's such a great opportunity for someone looking to work flexibly around kids as it's 20 hours a week but doing some really interesting stuff. He's certainly open to anyone applying and will hire the best person for the job! Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

SerenityNow00 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:33:05

I recently found a similar job which was posted on a local community Facebook page. Also, how about local coffee shop notice boards?

greatbigwho Tue 26-Sep-17 21:34:16

I have a similar job that I found through a local parenting Fb group

Fannylodger Tue 26-Sep-17 21:39:00

post it here I'll apply

In seriousness, mumsnet jobs might be a good place to start.

SuspendedInGaffaTape Tue 26-Sep-17 21:39:46

Thanks. I've asked to join a few local groups (he doesn't live that near me) but wasn't sure if it was cheeky to ask on those groups as they're not specifically for job searches. Will see how I get on!

SuspendedInGaffaTape Tue 26-Sep-17 21:41:25

Haha fanny. I now have images of you answering the phone "good morning fanny lodger speaking, how may I direct your call?"! You're hired!

BitchQueen90 Tue 26-Sep-17 21:45:38

I found a family friendly job on my local Facebook page.

Userlavender Tue 26-Sep-17 21:47:32

People per hour - just get a freelance admin / bit of marketing / editing person etc whatever. Unless he needs someone actually there and not remote. Use a normal job board like indeed uk etc? Linkedin? Jobs boards = where people look for jobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now