Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Do you have a peachy arse?

(68 Posts)
ShizzleYoDrizzle Mon 25-Sep-17 16:13:49

I fancy getting myself one of those peachy bums but I'd prefer to achieve it by means of exercise rather than bumplants.

Are thousands of squats the path to peachy posterior perkiness? What about body pump classes, will they have an effect?

EarlessToothlessVagabond Mon 25-Sep-17 16:17:01

Peachy implies soft and lovely and squishy to me rather than lofty rock hard cheeks. Sadly I have neither and mine is sadly falling down the back of my legs in a slow melancholic fashion. It's not big either it's just given up on life. I have heard that a gazillion squats and doing kettlebells can do wonders for an arse.

GinGeum Mon 25-Sep-17 16:19:05

It feels a bit odd to say so, but yes I do. (It's about the only good part of me)

I am afraid it is just how I'm built though, I don't do any exercise at all apart from dog walking! which is why my stomach is protruding much further than it should

ElmerFudge Mon 25-Sep-17 16:19:57

No harm in trying! (exercise not bumplants)
I've always been a legs & bum girl (hello tight jeans!). No cleavage to be seen... I say celebrate your best body parts! Funny how booty is in vogue now, never were when I were a lass (does my bum look big in this?)

Walnutwhiplash Mon 25-Sep-17 16:23:11

Running up hills will give you an arse you could bounce a quarter off

BeautyQueenFromMars Mon 25-Sep-17 16:23:30

DH says that I do <smug>

I think it could be a stunt double in James and the Giant Peach... grin

Sillybillypoopoomummy Mon 25-Sep-17 16:24:08

I don't, but DD does - absolutely perfectly peachy. She won't let me squidge it now she has got older grin

BagelDog Mon 25-Sep-17 16:25:02

Ridiculous amounts of Pilates and an awful lot of running up hills...

CJCreggsGoldfish Mon 25-Sep-17 16:26:08

Apparently I do. It's partly the way I'm built, I do some squats each day to help with perkiness but the natural shape was already there. My sister is super fit, does all sort of exercise but does not have a peachy arse - it's nice, but not that peachy shape you're after.

BillywigSting Mon 25-Sep-17 16:27:59

Before I put on loads of weight I did.

Now it's even bigger, a bit crinkly and not very peachy anymore.

I used to dance and do hockey, but was also just young and not a fatty. I had (have)
massive thighs and boobs too.

Used to have a nice little waist but that disappeared with the baby bump and never returned.

rizlett Mon 25-Sep-17 16:28:44

Cycling.

Glitteryfrog Mon 25-Sep-17 16:29:29

Yep.
Squats, running, lunges.

Userlavender Mon 25-Sep-17 16:33:00

When you do squats etc to get a bigger / lifted arse you usually get bigger thighs as well no matter what the technique. I often wonder about people who get implants in their bum - what happens if you make it to 80 plus? Do they stay up etc.

BitchQueen90 Mon 25-Sep-17 16:43:11

Squats are not a miracle bum grower. And it's not about the amount you do either. The key is squatting with weights, the highest weight you can actually carry, for about 3-4 sets of about 10 reps. 2 or 3 times a week. Increasing the weight every couple of weeks. If your bum cheeks and legs aren't on fire when you're done, then your bum won't change. Other exercises as well - lunges, hip thrusts, dead lifts, are all good for bums. All with weights though!

Squats at home, with no weights, are completely ineffective and a waste of time.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Mon 25-Sep-17 16:45:11

No. It's quite small but is on the flat side. Could be perter. Don't care that much, tbh.

davidbyrneswhitesuit Mon 25-Sep-17 16:47:57

Do now! Kettlebell swings - you hardly have to do any for it to work wonders. I use 12kg.

Nuttynoo Mon 25-Sep-17 16:49:13

Donut peach more like

angelsgirls Mon 25-Sep-17 16:49:23

My dd aged 14 has the most amazing bum EVER!!! Small petite size 8 and a proper Beyoncé bump.... people pay good money for a bump like that!

I put it down to 12 years of gymnastics, dance and tumbling

MumBod Mon 25-Sep-17 16:49:28

Mine's flat. It looks like someone's tipped a pan of cold porridge down the back of my jeans.

BelindaBlinked Mon 25-Sep-17 16:50:56

I've got what could be a peachy bum, but it's a bit orange peely at the mo.
Following this for ideas. I've started running but didn't think of running up hills!

KatharinaRosalie Mon 25-Sep-17 16:51:38

I have a very nice backside all thanks to Bodypump. You need a heavy bar though and a nice deep squat/lunge.

ShizzleYoDrizzle Mon 25-Sep-17 16:52:42

MumBod porridge bums have a charm all of their own!

FrankensteinsSister Mon 25-Sep-17 16:52:47

Look up Bret Contreras, king of glutes.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Mon 25-Sep-17 16:53:10

Apparently squats is the best thing.

I just asked my husband do I have a peachy bum.

He paused and responded no. It's bulbous.

I'm not quite sure how to take that answer 🤔

ShizzleYoDrizzle Mon 25-Sep-17 16:53:40

I'm intrigued by kettlebells but worry that danger for injuring one's self or killing a neighbour would be high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now